Author Topic: This will not be taken seriously, but i digress...  (Read 3807 times)

HB_Alan

• Administrator
Re: This will not be taken seriously, but i digress...
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2018, 10:00:14 AM »
I also think being able to see a performance indicator during design and once published so people can see how performant a course is would also be useful, although this comes with some technical challenges and depends on things like where the camera is at any given time, etc so it wouldn't be 100% accurate. But an indicator would encourage and help designers to make a more optimised course as well as indicate to players what experience they can expect before loading in a course. Even something like a heat map which provides a snapshot during design (and highlights course areas which might benefit from some attention) and once published which gives you a sense of course performance, it doesn't have to be an exact figure attached to it, it'd be more of an impression.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2018, 01:46:28 PM »
Either way it was a good thing that you decided to evolve the swing and make it more intricate, even if TGC2 maybe didn’t get all the way there. I hope you are committed to continuing to refine it and make results even more dynamic while also more stable and robust.

ChuckClams

« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2018, 04:11:02 PM »
I'm not sure that frame rate and data rate are tied together other than the fact if performance is poor, both will suffer equally.

^^This^^

It does become insanely frustrating dealing with a swing which sometimes seems to randomly change in difficulty level. I once thought that's what could actually be happening, that the game just randomly starts treating all club sets like they were TOUR clubs, only with the correct distances for the selected set. Even went so far as to test this hypothesis on the range and lo and behold, the PLAYER clubs seemed to be using the same difficulty setting as the TOUR clubs, only they were 1 club set shorter. After a hard reboot of the PS4 everything seemed back to normal again, but every once in awhile in the middle of a round this strange behavior seems to manifest, usually accompanied by a distinct performance drop with lots of swing animation hiccups and backswings which reset, seemingly unaware that I'm still holding all the way DOWN on my analog stick. The game just starts ignoring inputs for some reason. It really needs a fix.
Hold my beer and watch this.

Thrangar

« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2018, 05:26:25 PM »
With todays plug and play detection for software/hardware...is it possible to tell who is playing with controllers and who with mouse?

I see a lot of controller people  who don't like competing with mouse, yet I haven't seen Societies given wholly to either!
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)
"Handicaps
"But they even the field!" Yes, because a touchdown counts for 12 points for some quarterbacks and just six for others. Doesn't this defeat the entire ethos of competition?"

skimming_stones

« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2018, 07:34:26 PM »

I don't see course issues ever going away unless they set more of a limit in the designer.

Courses will always be something we need to continue to monitor and improve on. Due the number of options and tools available in the designer it's impossible to test every outcome. As we identify courses which are generally slow or have bad dips throughout them, we're able to profile them and optimize what could potentially be causing the problem. This has a benefit for that course and any others that share the same symptoms.

I mean the designer has an object limit bar but that allows designers to add more than what the game can handle unless you are running a high spec PC. Things that are memory hungry like waterfalls and crowds should also be limited to a set amount you can have to prevent or at least minimize slow down problems.

leslie.sangster

This will not be taken seriously, but i digress...
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2018, 08:42:12 PM »
This was my view on one of the holes today In Firstdown’s society tournament 4 letter word, I think the course is called Cour D’Arlene or something.
I’m playing on an Xbox one x at 4K a few of the trees were like this on various holes round the course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2018, 09:05:41 PM »
it was brought up in the completed course section for it,something about too much planting in the area and thats why the tree's show up like that,still did not spoil the course for me real keeper that one.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=22356.0

leslie.sangster

« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2018, 09:07:39 PM »
it was brought up in the completed course section for it,something about too much planting in the area and thats why the tree's show up like that,still did not spoil course real keeper that one.

It’s not a bad course played ok it just looked like minecraft in places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AppState1

« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2018, 09:51:06 PM »
Shaun, I really enjoy this game.

skimming_stones

« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2018, 03:58:51 AM »

And?

Tuco

« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2018, 11:51:54 AM »

And?

Nothing wrong with letting the devs know that their work is appreciated.  And I'll second AppState1's sentiment.

platypus409

« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2018, 12:32:22 PM »

And?

Nothing wrong with letting the devs know that their work is appreciated.  And I'll second AppState1's sentiment.
I’m with you guys.

TGC2, with all its flaws, still plays a great game of golf. I am much more invested in this version versus the previous version based on the swing alone. Hope to hear plans for a 3rd version soon.

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2018, 02:18:06 PM »
Thanks for the comments folks. We are quickly rolling through the days in 2018 already, and there will be some more info soon for TGC. Keep that feedback coming.

surdoux

« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »
I love the game, been hooked from the first day I got it.  I do really enjoy it immensely, although there are, as has been pointed out, some flaws which spoil the enjoyment a bit.  For me, the main ones are:

1.  Lack of proper drop zones when you go in the water (which I do far too often)
2.  Velcro surrounds on greens
3.  Chipping.  (enough has been said about this already)
4.  Bounces that go left (or right) on a right (or left) angled bank, which is frustrating and against the laws of nature.
5.  (Some) unrealistic greens (probably more a designer issue)
6.  Ability to delete resumable courses.  There are some that I simply do not wish to finish, being courses I've started before realising they are bad ones.
7.  Ability to go to a page number on course selection, rather than having to go through page by page
8.  Ability to play in more societies.
9.  I'm sure there are more, but that is what comes to mind at the moment.

AppState1

« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2018, 03:32:28 PM »
Please add the ability to set up different tees per round of a multi-round tourney. Thanks.

space-cash