Augusta National

• 34 Replies

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 08:52:46 AM »
Thanks Yeltsman for showing us the way to search for courses great for newbies like .

No worries until Firstdown mentioned it over xmas i did not know it was a problem for a lot of people,Hope you find some great courses to play.Perhaps it something HB needs to add to selection screen for search.At the moment icon to small i reckon.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:54:52 AM by Yeltzman »

Thrangar

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2018, 05:13:02 PM »
I found it and played it - at least some of it. It is waaaay too severe for my liking. Yah, I know there are some false edges on Augusta National, but pulleeeese.
I eventually lost patience with shots that took up to 2 full minutes to stop rolling. Overdone, IMHO.  ::)

+1

While I have respect for the amount of time that was put into it, I think and backed up by your response that extreme green designs like this will and have already put off players.

As to true representation of said course, I hear an announcer say just an "outside rightside cup putt here" yet mine was a two foot break, so take all recreation with a grain of salt.

The physics of the game need to be tweeked so its possible that real life hard courses that are reproduced even to perfection are outside of this games ability to enjoy or to relate to.

Don't let the self imposed snobbery put off your opinions we need balance around here!
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

leslie.sangster

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 06:46:43 AM »
I’ve seen putts on Augusta during the masters where the golfer had to putt away from the hole, I remember Bernhard Langer once had his back to the hole and putted across a fringe to get the ball close. The TV cameras flatten the greens out your best bet is to watch the Ken Brown on the course moments those show you just how severe the slopes are, at the end of the day if you don’t like the course don’t play it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BluPuk

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2018, 01:02:05 PM »
Wow. I meant no insult to anyone.  My bad  :-[

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 01:44:51 PM »
Wow. I meant no insult to anyone.  My bad  :-[

I don't think you insulted anybody you wasn't keen on the course and thats fine,Perhaps when you get better at game you will enjoy it a lot more a lot of players play cyber golf to score low,others perfer the more serious side you cannot please everybody all the time,enjoy the game how you want to play it.

space-cash