NEW PC SOCIETY - RCR World Tour

• 42 Replies

Cathalos1991

« on: January 13, 2018, 04:16:04 AM »
So RCR World Tour has been active on PS4 for 6 months now and we are in the process of attempting to bring both PC & PS4 version of the society together for an enhamced experience.

As the society is brand new we are running a shortened season while we figure everything out and will look to join them both up when the PS4 season ends.

In a full season we will be following a similar season layout to a top European Tour player who plays in both Euro & PGA Tours.

First event of the season

Farmers Insurance Open
@
Torrey Pines South

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- Old Course @ Ballybunion
- The Emirates Golf Club
- The Celtic Manor Resort
- Wentworth
- Killeen Castle Golf Club
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Druids Glen Golf Resort
- Cill Mhuire Na nGall
- Royal County Down
- Crans-sur-Sierre

Thrangar

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 08:01:23 PM »
SSSSWWWWWEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!

OFF to look for RCR for PC
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

Cathalos1991

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 04:55:06 AM »
Week 1 is nearly over, hope ye have enjoyed last weeks tournament. Moving on this week to the AT&T Pebble Beach ProAm.

So this will also be running for a week from tomorrow. From next week I will be implementing a schedule format similar to the PS4 tour. Season format:
- Standard Events are 2 rounds over 3 days
- High profile/WGC events 3 rounds over 4 days
- Majors/WGC events 4 rounds over 1 week.

Just to familarise with how it works. Enjoy guys

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- The Emirates Golf Club
- Wentworth
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Cill Mhuire Na nGall
- Royal County Down
- Crans-sur-Sierre

Cathalos1991

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 07:04:22 AM »
Event going live from tomorrow

Los Angeles Open @ Riviera Country Club

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- The Emirates Golf Club
- Wentworth
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Cill Mhuire Na nGall
- Royal County Down
- Crans-sur-Sierre

Thrangar

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 02:14:00 PM »
I have not been paying to much attention, but it is very common with the other societies, when they run 4 round events to use the different pin placements and so called course adjustments...but what happens is by the 3rd round, the course designers have added som many nobs and hills and complete fairway tilts that it real no longer feels or resembles the game of golf.

Do you review/approve each pin placement/course quality for the rounds chosen?

I say this because the other societies don't have to hold to a standard, (so to speak) because of them not being RCR's?

Cathalos1991

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 02:27:27 PM »
I play all the courses, all of them have featured in the PS4 version of the society. I dont exactly get an opportunity to test every single pin as time is just not that plentiful, but Ill always make note of certain pins etc.

For 4 round events I do tend to bring all pins into play, but when I pull the two platforms together it will follow the PS4 schedule format. This means that the only events that will have 4 rounds are Majors, WGC's and Main Events on tour like AT&T PB ProAm etc.

I do get that sometimes an RCR will have some strange pins, I don't totally understand why thats needed but I try to capture as many as possible. Have the courses so far thrown up any issues at the moment?? Pebble Beach looked great to me when we played it a few months ago, Torrey Pines Ive tested out Pins 1 & 2 with a bit of 3

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- The Emirates Golf Club
- Wentworth
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Cill Mhuire Na nGall
- Royal County Down
- Crans-sur-Sierre

Cathalos1991

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 02:29:41 PM »
I do try and avoid courses where there is some careless sculpting made in order to make a course difficult. In my opinion, if you want to make a course more difficult, tighten the fairways a few yards

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- The Emirates Golf Club
- Wentworth
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Cill Mhuire Na nGall
- Royal County Down
- Crans-sur-Sierre

Thrangar

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 02:55:59 PM »
I play all the courses, all of them have featured in the PS4 version of the society. I dont exactly get an opportunity to test every single pin as time is just not that plentiful, but Ill always make note of certain pins etc.

For 4 round events I do tend to bring all pins into play, but when I pull the two platforms together it will follow the PS4 schedule format. This means that the only events that will have 4 rounds are Majors, WGC's and Main Events on tour like AT&T PB ProAm etc.

I do get that sometimes an RCR will have some strange pins, I don't totally understand why thats needed but I try to capture as many as possible. Have the courses so far thrown up any issues at the moment?? Pebble Beach looked great to me when we played it a few months ago, Torrey Pines Ive tested out Pins 1 & 2 with a bit of 3

As I said I have not really remembered this , being a problem in this society, I was glad you started it as a PC society because I thought it would eliminate this problem (that plagues all my other societies)

Pebble in my opinion is the best course to date, so no gripes here.

Speaking for my self I would rather play a pin placement twice than a rushed not thought out pin 4 placement anyday!

Cathalos1991

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 03:01:21 PM »

As I said I have not really remembered this , being a problem in this society, I was glad you started it as a PC society because I thought it would eliminate this problem (that plagues all my other societies)

Pebble in my opinion is the best course to date, so no gripes here.

Speaking for my self I would rather play a pin placement twice than a rushed not thought out pin 4 placement anyday!
I agree with playing same pin sets more than once, as long as its not pin 1 for 4 rounds. If i use Magnolia National, I usually avoid pin set 1. Theres 2 pins there that may be accurate but theyre just not one bit fun.

Thankfully there's a steady stream of top class RCR's coming through recently which allows us to fizzle out the junk from the season.

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- The Emirates Golf Club
- Wentworth
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Cill Mhuire Na nGall
- Royal County Down
- Crans-sur-Sierre

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 07:08:04 PM »
Just joined. Looking forward to playing!

Thanks for setting this up!
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Cathalos1991

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 03:31:20 AM »
Just joined. Looking forward to playing!

Thanks for setting this up!
Welcome to the society :)

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- The Emirates Golf Club
- Wentworth
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Cill Mhuire Na nGall
- Royal County Down
- Crans-sur-Sierre

jaws1948

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 12:16:01 PM »
I joined the RCR this past week and very much enjoyed playing Pebble Beach.  So I was just wondering, I play on PC the ingame leaderboard includes only PC players.  Will there be a leaderboard at some point where all platforms will be combined to form one comprehensive leaderboard.  Thanks.  And thanks for putting this together.
Mike

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 12:20:12 PM »
I joined the RCR this past week and very much enjoyed playing Pebble Beach.  So I was just wondering, I play on PC the ingame leaderboard includes only PC players.  Will there be a leaderboard at some point where all platforms will be combined to form one comprehensive leaderboard.  Thanks.  And thanks for putting this together.
Mike

Pretty sure this is for PC players only.
PC

Xbox One X

Thrangar

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 01:22:02 PM »
Mike

"So RCR World Tour has been active on PS4 for 6 months now and we are in the process of attempting to bring both PC & PS4 "

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2018, 02:21:28 PM »
Mike

"So RCR World Tour has been active on PS4 for 6 months now and we are in the process of attempting to bring both PC & PS4 "

Missed that, sorry. Hence why I stated "pretty sure".
PC

Xbox One X

space-cash