Understanding thegolfclub2 swing

• 9 Replies

jeffield

• GroupMember
« on: February 01, 2018, 11:40:12 AM »
While play testing a rcr I've been working on I've noticed something interesting about the tour club swing.  It's really important that the transition from backswing to downswing have the correct tempo.  A lot of people who say their swing  plane is straight yet their shot pulls left have been experiencing similar results to what ive noticed.
  If you purposely slow down that transition timing you will see your shots that are on a straight swing path stay straight/ and not pull left.  This transition has as much to do with the straightness  of your shot as the straightness of your swing path does.  It really adds a nice dimension to the swing results.  So I say go intentionally out and hit a few balls slowing this transition down greatly.  I've even got to the point where I'm seeing some slow downswings/ transitions flying the ball to the right.  But it is that sweet spot of both swing plane and transition that work together to make the swing the challenge that it is.  A little practice and you'll hit it a lot more regularly.
  A lot of players in golf games are used to swinging with more than a 1:1 transition ratio and. I think that's where some of the frustration sets in.   Once you understand this youll do much better.

Maybe everyone out there understands this. It's just a point I thought some should read who may be having swing trouble.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:53:04 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
The Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East" (greens update coming soon as a v2)

The Links at Gettysburg v3 (updated greens)
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Cyclerob

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 12:57:34 PM »
While play testing a rcr I've been working on I've noticed something interesting about the tour club swing.  It's really important that the transition from backswing to downswing have the correct tempo.  A lot of people who say their swing  plane is straight yet their shot pulls left have been experiencing similar results to what ive noticed.
  If you purposely slow down that transition timing you will see your shots that are on a straight swing path stay straight/ and not pull left.  This transition has as much to do with the straightness  of your shot as the straightness of your swing path does.  It really adds a nice dimension to the swing results.  So I say go intentionally out and hit a few balls slowing this transition down greatly.  I've even got to the point where I'm seeing some slow downswings/ transitions flying the ball to the right.  But it is that sweet spot of both swing plane and transition that work together to make the swing the challenge that it is.  A little practice and you'll hit it a lot more regularly.
  A lot of players in golf games are used to swinging with more than a 1:1 transition ratio and. I think that's where some of the frustration sets in.   Once you understand this youll do much better.

Maybe everyone out there understands this. It's just a point I thought some should read who may be having swing trouble.

You're right...  I've be doing this for a while now...  pulling back quickly and going forward much slower...  my shot are now more centered!  But it does feel a bit weird at first since naturally people accelerate through the ball!  ;)

Thrangar

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 06:13:27 PM »
If you hold your controller flat parallel to the ground this wont matter but if you hold the controller perpendicular to the ground this will happen...has always been this way for me.
360 wireless PC
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

mebby

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 07:37:51 PM »
Confused with this thread!  Isn't what the OP described the entire tempo element of the game?  I thought this was very well documented and explained.  It's not just about swinging straight - it's about your tempo as well and that tempo element largely happens at the top of the swing.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 09:26:48 PM »
I’ve been concentrating more on the transition from backswing to forward in my swing as the OP has described with fairly good results.

However, I still hope that there will be an acceleration element added to the tempo swing in a future version of TGC (TGC3).

-MERACE

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 10:21:40 PM »
Maybe the topic has been thoroughly discussed.   I dont think i thought it through that much before and i dont watch many tutorial videos as sometimes they tend to drag. (Not hbs or anyones in particular , just something i dont do much of) I do agree with merace and cyclerob.  It would feel more natural for that transition to be 3 or 4:1 or have this acceleration factor built into the downswing   but,  what it is now is much more interesting  then the tgc1 swing for sure.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 05:01:10 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
The Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East" (greens update coming soon as a v2)

The Links at Gettysburg v3 (updated greens)
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Hugh Jass Koda

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 11:50:30 PM »
How about the backswing tempo?  Can anyone explain what determines a fast or slow backswing tempo?  I can't figure it out.
My Course:   White Mountains Country Club

mebby

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 10:58:03 AM »
How about the backswing tempo?  Can anyone explain what determines a fast or slow backswing tempo?  I can't figure it out.

If you go too fast you get a fast swing.  If you go too slow you get a slow swing.  ::)

As best I can tell if you transition too quickly from backswing to downswing you will get a fast backswing tempo.  If you transition too slowly you'll get a slow backswing tempo.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

Thrangar

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 03:39:28 PM »
and they can accumulate also if you take back slow and then transistion slow, you will get very slow as a result
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

SweetAeromotion

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 03:02:03 AM »

Backswing tempo is about the amount of pause you take at transition as well.  A long pause = slow backswing and if you don't wait long enough for the top of our swing, you will likely get a fast backswing tempo.

They both take off distance on your full shots.

space-cash