Top Fictional Courses

• 40 Replies

speakingstones

• Paint the sun green
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2018, 12:57:49 PM »
Have a go on these:
Volcanic Islands ~ Tour Edition     -> Super challenging and super rewarding
Leaderboard Golf ~ Pixel Alp -> Based on squares like the old leaderboard golf on C64
Pitwalls Eremite APO -> It has the best looking fairways I have seen
Tavish Mackerra Haven -> Great links course with great greens and look
Oilean Gearr agus Daingean -> Short and special

Fixing Issues finding good user courses:
You need a better way to filter out auto generated user courses from ones made from scratch. Fully Hand made courses should get featured/promoted more they are always 100 times better. (i.e first they deleted all the user generated rubbish - give this as an option when you create it)
It is frustrating for proper designers, I have played some great user courses with only 28 plays. Even if you had two areas to find courses - expert created and  auto generated. To get in the expert created you had to start with an empty canvas.
If you do have 100,000 user courses and only 5% of them are created from scratch then separating them this way would help a lot.

A courses featured this week section would help. New user courses get drowned in people publishing crap 5 minute courses. They cant be the same.
*Enjoy my designs*

TGC2019:
SS's - Volcanic Cliffs           (Adrenaline Rush Golf)     
SS's - Dystopian (Tour)       (Bladerunner inspired)
SS's - Drifting Rock Ranch   (Popular Design)
C64 - Leaderboard Golf #1  (Classic 80s remake)
SS's - Volcanic Skye /9\     

PS4: SpeakingStones

Jimbo Greens

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2018, 06:48:14 PM »
Perhaps Peterman's Bog is a candidate? Probably my best course. 4 versions for 4 different seasons. Fall was made first, spring version may be the best. Not for those who dislike an easier course, although maybe some players are just really, really good ;)

That said, making a list of 5 is too difficult. Kudos to those being put forth here though. I've played a few and have no qualms with these suggestions.

ps. my shameless self-promotion speaks to the issue of good courses getting buried by junk. 100's of hours put in, a good course, deserves a good number of plays.
Cardigan Cove - 4 Stars
Thunder Mountain - 4.5 stars
Peterman's Bog - Unrated (an undiscovered gem if you ask me)
Auburn Hills - 4 stars /  Tour version - 4.5 stars
Gottington Dam - Unrated
Cardigan Cove Par 3 - Unrated

Cathalos1991

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2018, 01:46:40 AM »
Brookledge Golf Club is definitely worth a visit for sure

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- Old Course @ Ballybunion
- The Emirates Golf Club
- The Celtic Manor Resort
- Wentworth
- Killeen Castle Golf Club
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Druids Glen Golf Resort

JOE golfer G

• 4 Handicap Golfer
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2018, 06:06:28 PM »

A great designer's wooden spoon. Can't rand the place, which is a real shame. I remember this from way back when it was in the under construction threads, really looked forward to it, but the tricked up nature of the course really ruined it for me.

Cathalos1991

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2018, 06:10:21 PM »

A great designer's wooden spoon. Can't rand the place, which is a real shame. I remember this from way back when it was in the under construction threads, really looked forward to it, but the tricked up nature of the course really ruined it for me.
I disagree, I don't feel it's tricked up. A few of pins are tough to get at, but that kind of meets it's description of being a championship style course. Some pins are par pins and others not so much.

But it is what it is in the eyes of each player. I find it to be the most realistic challenge of tournament golf that TGC2 has offered up so far :)

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- Old Course @ Ballybunion
- The Emirates Golf Club
- The Celtic Manor Resort
- Wentworth
- Killeen Castle Golf Club
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Druids Glen Golf Resort

D.D.Jensen

• GroupMember
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2018, 06:32:01 PM »
El Dorado Hills G & CC, El Dorado Hills Summer Casual, Highlandia Falls Golf Links, Mein-Notchurs Municipal, East Hampton Golf Club ....

Only way my courses will get mentioned ... and they are proven.

:D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 08:26:02 PM by CatDawg »

H Dirtwater

• Xbox One - Violinguy69
    • ChuckGviolin
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2018, 10:34:22 AM »
Ok I have to ask...will these be prospects for official inventory for 2019?

It sure seems like it now doesn't it?  Knowing what we know now really puts this thread into perspective.

Based on the early mistaken release of the game last night, it seems a few designers' courses have been used, and without telling them ahead of time.  Plus, the 2019 versions are really rough, especially with trees.  While I'm a little jealous as a designer that one of my courses wasn't used, I'm also glad because I don't want a course I spent hundreds of hours working on crammed into 2019 with no prior knowledge or opportunity to fix conversion issues.
ViolinguyGolf on Youtube

2019 Courses
Lieu de Victorie Golf Club
Keola Wahi Plantation

wkdworms74

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2018, 08:44:59 PM »

It sure seems like it now doesn't it?  Knowing what we know now really puts this thread into perspective.

Based on the early mistaken release of the game last night, it seems a few designers' courses have been used, and without telling them ahead of time.  Plus, the 2019 versions are really rough, especially with trees.  While I'm a little jealous as a designer that one of my courses wasn't used, I'm also glad because I don't want a course I spent hundreds of hours working on crammed into 2019 with no prior knowledge or opportunity to fix conversion issues.

Well said!! I am still fairly new to the designing aspect of the game with only a dozen or so course released and maybe 2 of those that I am proud of, I would not want something to be butchered either after spending so much time on. I have tried not to get too tied up in all the buzz about 19, it will come out when it does and I will go from there. I am excited as the next person about the release but find myself on the middle of the fence with all the buzz about the pros and cons. One thing i wish is that I got turned onto TGC2 a long time ago because I am just now with the last few courses feeling confident in my designs and getting some good plays and feedback. I have a course I am currently working on that will be my best yet by far and one I really think will be welcomed 110% but not sure how many people will still play around on 2! It is my first attempt on a RCR and will be a "Troon North" desert course based in Scottsdale, Az. It will be the Pinnacle 18. I release/design the courses strictly for enjoyment but of course appreciate the plays like all the other designers. Will see what the future holds and look forward to 19 like the rest of us.

-Jeff
(wkdworms74)
Created courses:
Skipping Rock Resort & Vineyard
Burketown
Troon North Pinnacle GC
Troon North Monument GC
Mossy Creek
Bellewood CC
The Cliffs at Pine Creek
Hualapai Dunes
Ivy Ridge C.C.
Maple Ridge
Sandy Bottom Bayou
Finnigin's Cove
Old Pine Glenn Manor
Copper Canyon Pro Course

Antiparosjez

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2018, 07:28:36 AM »

Well said!! I am still fairly new to the designing aspect of the game with only a dozen or so course released and maybe 2 of those that I am proud of, I would not want something to be butchered either after spending so much time on. I have tried not to get too tied up in all the buzz about 19, it will come out when it does and I will go from there. I am excited as the next person about the release but find myself on the middle of the fence with all the buzz about the pros and cons. One thing i wish is that I got turned onto TGC2 a long time ago because I am just now with the last few courses feeling confident in my designs and getting some good plays and feedback. I have a course I am currently working on that will be my best yet by far and one I really think will be welcomed 110% but not sure how many people will still play around on 2! It is my first attempt on a RCR and will be a "Troon North" desert course based in Scottsdale, Az. It will be the Pinnacle 18. I release/design the courses strictly for enjoyment but of course appreciate the plays like all the other designers. Will see what the future holds and look forward to 19 like the rest of us.

-Jeff
(wkdworms74)

I'd hate it if someone decided to redesign one of mine. Already unhappy with the prospect of lots of shadows etc on greens given the change of time of day etc so considering whether to stick with 2 or if I do go to 19 just do links courses, I dunno.
Grendel Woods The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden Forest, Brookland Marshes

guy.holland

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2019, 02:06:38 PM »
My courses are getting good feedback,
Rainmaker, pokerface etc, mainly make 9 holers

guy.holland

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2019, 02:08:46 PM »
GUYVANH

space-cash