The reason why we do not have multiplayer?

• 29 Replies

Molrub

« on: February 14, 2018, 01:28:21 AM »
I was wondering if the reason is because this game can't handle it, when there are two of us playing together whoever is hitting first be it the tee box or fairway you have to ask who you are playing with what the real wind reading is because the one you see is ALWAYS false and you do not see the real wind reading until it is your playing partners shot.The same applies to wind effect one will carry with a tail wind and the other nothing at all, so i guess this is one of the reasons they will not implement multiplayer. 

Oswinner

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 06:31:14 AM »
Does wind meter not work on turn based? I play turn based a lot and we're always yelling that the wind lies.

Edit: keep the comments clean please.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:15:14 AM by HB_KeithC »

Molrub

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 06:49:46 AM »
Yes turn based is all messed up.

ClassAct147

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 11:49:24 AM »
I'm in total agreement when u mentioned the wind having inconsistent effects.   I've been playing since day one and still haven't worked it out even though I've won many society events and shot quite a few rounds in the mid fifties.    A Mulligan option in practice rounds would let me know if there's something I'm just not calculating or if the wind effect really is faulty.   I wonder how the very best players feel about this.  Maybe there is a secret formula to working it out, I don't know...

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 05:47:12 PM »
Wind is not an exact measure of what is displayed. It's been this way since the beginning of TGC and is within a range of the number displayed. Similarly to on a real course you have a rough idea of what it's doing but it's not exact. If there are differences between what you see vs your opponent in turn base that's something we can investigate however this could currently happen outside of events.

Molrub

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 07:53:21 PM »
Yes Shawn there are always differences between what we see sometimes double the strength.

LinksLover

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 05:44:00 AM »
I can certainly see the logic in having the wind as a range as like Shaun said there is no way you can measure the exact speed and direction in real life. Also, I remember a shot I played at Market Drayton Golf Club on their 16th hole a few years back. I was about 95 yards out so hit my 58 degree wedge and immediately as I struck it a strong headwind got up and I was 30 yards short. So for me a range of wind is a good thing.

However, the range needs showing in the game display rather than an exact figure. The exact figure is a little misleading.
MY DESIGNS
Clayton Wood Golf Club
Angus Bay International G. C.

Molrub

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 06:00:21 AM »
If One of us hits first and it is showing the player 5mph and he asks the other player what wind he is seeing and it is 10mph that is not in the range it is just wrong.

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 09:39:10 AM »
Outside of society events there is not a guarantee that you will be playing on the same wind when playing a ghost or live rival.

HeMan

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »
So if the wind is meant to be set as a range, why is a specific number displayed and not the range? I have played TGC1 and 2 for quite sometime now and this is the first I have ever heard that the wind effect was within a range.

So what is the set range then? If my wind meter shows 8 mph, should I assume it is between 5-10 mph?

This absolutely explains shots coming up short, going long, not moving L/R. Maybe I am just out of the loop but this seems like information that should be known.

mebby

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 10:59:02 AM »
Outside of society events there is not a guarantee that you will be playing on the same wind when playing a ghost or live rival.

I've noticed this and at first I understood why it was this way but then I started wondering why the game wouldn't make the ghost conditions be the master and force the live player to use their conditions.

Is there a technical reason why this wouldn't work?  When I'm playing turn-based ghost play I'd really prefer to be playing in the same conditions.

Along these same lines - it would be nice if we could select our course, then select the tees and pins and then when we go to find a ghost to play we would only see players using the same tees and pins (or at very least the same pins).  I could live with not using the same tees as that happens in real life but both players should be using the same pin locations. 
Steam Name - Turnerm05

Oswinner

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 11:02:47 AM »
The wind seems broken in TGC2 - visually.

In TGC1 I could gauge the wind via visual clues (clouds, trees, flag all moving faster etc). In TGC2 the trees and flag seem to move all the time, even in no wind.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 01:35:23 PM »
Agree I have a nice surround sound system and no matter what the wind is doing it sounds like it is blowing 20 MPH and the trees move like a hurricane is coming.
XB1 X

4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 01:45:23 PM »

You should really match the wind for live rivals. Makes no sense otherwise.

And please expand on the range for the wind. Gustiness is a property of wind. Make it a part of the game with some indication of gustiness in addition to strength in the GUI.

Molrub

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 07:53:41 PM »

Then why does your live rival see the true wind when you are hitting first but you do not?

space-cash