Chips checking up.

• 5 Replies

Gothic Bob

• I don't go map finding behinding.
« on: February 22, 2018, 12:23:13 PM »
Can anybody explain to me why certain chip shots (20 yds or less) do a 1 hop and stop while others will roll out. It does not seem to matter weather I am in rough, fairway, fringe or green. It seems to be totally random. I can have the same shot from the same surface, one will stop like it has spin on it and the other will roll out to the hole. #FRUSTRATING!
I wonder if there's beer on the sun.

MeanMachineMoe

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 12:28:52 PM »
It depends on the club. Chipping with an LW or SW will tend to check up while other clubs will run out. Same as in real life. It took me years to stop pulling a 58 degree wedge when chipping 30 feet. Just too unpredictable. I think TGC mimics that pretty well.

stan_solo

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 01:08:35 PM »
Can anybody explain to me why certain chip shots (20 yds or less) do a 1 hop and stop while others will roll out. It does not seem to matter weather I am in rough, fairway, fringe or green. It seems to be totally random. I can have the same shot from the same surface, one will stop like it has spin on it and the other will roll out to the hole. #FRUSTRATING!

If you search the forum topics   .... you will find 3000 threads asking the exact same question

gcwbosox

• xbone gt - lordcracka
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 04:49:16 AM »
Random. Period.
Xbox one

lordcracka

leslie.sangster

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 10:33:32 AM »
If you full loft the LW it runs out unlike a LW were you don’t touch the lift adjustment just seems to me they’ve got a + or - the wrong way In the code.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

guy.holland

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 01:03:03 PM »
It also depends if you hit the sweet spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

space-cash