Will TGC 2019 offer 4K and/or Enhanced modes for Xbox One X?

• 341 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #315 on: May 17, 2018, 02:02:48 AM »
I think HDR when done right is a game changer. The best I have seen is forza horizon 3. That game has two simple sliders for HDR. I wish every game that supported HDR used the same system.

I'm going to have to go back and download the demo of Forza Horizon 3 (which I hope has been upgraded to include the XBox One X enhancements) again to try this.  I had the demo originally on my XBox One, but the game itself didn't fascinate me nearly as much as the first Forza Horizon for some reason.  Thanks for the tip on this!
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2018, 06:00:33 PM »
As I said before with PUBG I have to turn off the HDR . Makes the darks to dark. Hopefully if HB does support the X we get a slider.
XB1 X

4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2018, 09:46:47 PM »
Hey John,

I am looking at the reviews for this set at Best Buy and Amazon and I am seeing a disturbing number of comments regarding banding while playing video games, etc.

Have you seen any of this?
Xbox One X
Xbox One Elite Controller

Now Playing TGC 2 in True Sim style for all events

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2018, 09:59:38 PM »
Hey John,

I am looking at the reviews for this set at Best Buy and Amazon and I am seeing a disturbing number of comments regarding banding while playing video games, etc.

No, I have not.  I have run all of the banding, dark corner, and dead pixel tests that have been recommended in the AVS Forum and have not detected an issue with even those tests that are designed to reveal it.  I realize that I am lucky to have hit the panel lottery on this, but I have.  It's hard to gauge the percentage of those who are really having the problem though, because the tendency of most is to complain if you have a problem, and quietly enjoy what you've got if you don't.

I'm sure if you bought a 6-Series set at Best Buy, you'd have no issue getting a replacement if you got one that had any of these issues, but from the sound of things, most Best Buys are having trouble getting stock on them right now.

I just wish that everyone who bought one of these 6-Series HDTVs had the same experience I've had with mine.  I'm typing this message in right now from the comfort of my customized Forza Edition Playseat Evolution driving seat, in amazement of how sharp and vibrant the text looks on this display.  I rolled the dice and won this one, but I know what a hassle I'd have right now if I'd had issues with this set and getting a replacement via Amazon.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2018, 11:57:40 PM »
Hey John,

No, I have not.  I have run all of the banding, dark corner, and dead pixel tests that have been recommended in the AVS Forum and have not detected an issue with even those tests that are designed to reveal it.  I realize that I am lucky to have hit the panel lottery on this, but I have.  It's hard to gauge the percentage of those who are really having the problem though, because the tendency of most is to complain if you have a problem, and quietly enjoy what you've got if you don't.

I'm sure if you bought a 6-Series set at Best Buy, you'd have no issue getting a replacement if you got one that had any of these issues, but from the sound of things, most Best Buys are having trouble getting stock on them right now.

I just wish that everyone who bought one of these 6-Series HDTVs had the same experience I've had with mine.  I'm typing this message in right now from the comfort of my customized Forza Edition Playseat Evolution driving seat, in amazement of how sharp and vibrant the text looks on this display.  I rolled the dice and won this one, but I know what a hassle I'd have right now if I'd had issues with this set and getting a replacement via Amazon.

It could be a number of things....thanks for the feedback.

Still has not diminished my interest in the set.
Xbox One X

mebby

« Reply #320 on: May 18, 2018, 10:27:42 AM »
JC - this thread has helped me sort out some issues with my 50" LG 4K TV in my bedroom.  I've now got it running at full 4K and a 60mhz refresh rate which is acceptable for playing both TGC2 and Super Mega Baseball (I can't believe you're ho-hum about that game!  LOL) although I DO still notice some slight lag compared to my 120hz refresh rate monitor on my gaming laptop.

I never thought I'd see the day where my gaming laptop is on par with or better than my desktop!!
Steam Name - Turnerm05

FRSTDWN

« Reply #321 on: May 18, 2018, 01:28:58 PM »
I think there are a lot of people who do not get the full potential of their set ups with the X and 4K tvs. There are just so many variables.
XB1 X

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

leslie.sangster

« Reply #322 on: May 18, 2018, 02:08:27 PM »
I think there are a lot of people who do not get the full potential of their set ups with the X and 4K tvs. There are just so many variables.
I looked on YouTube for the best set up’s for my Samsung in 4K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRSTDWN

« Reply #323 on: May 18, 2018, 02:12:45 PM »
As did I. These new TVs just have so many settings.
XB1 X

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

leslie.sangster

« Reply #324 on: May 18, 2018, 02:15:41 PM »
As did I. These new TVs just have so many settings.
I followed what the guy said and it does look good he suggested turning the backlight to
Max must be to compensate for HDR being dark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #325 on: May 18, 2018, 09:02:40 PM »
JC - this thread has helped me sort out some issues with my 50" LG 4K TV in my bedroom.  I've now got it running at full 4K and a 60mhz refresh rate which is acceptable for playing both TGC2 and Super Mega Baseball (I can't believe you're ho-hum about that game!  LOL) although I DO still notice some slight lag compared to my 120hz refresh rate monitor on my gaming laptop.

I never thought I'd see the day where my gaming laptop is on par with or better than my desktop!!

Glad to hear that Mebby!  I'm trying to warm up to SMB2, but it's hard to do with me still on my honeymoon with the fully enhanced XBox One X version of Forza 7 ;D
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #326 on: May 18, 2018, 09:05:01 PM »
I looked on YouTube for the best set up’s for my Samsung in 4K

I found a vast repository of helpful videos on You Tube to test my TCL out with.  I hope to see a library of set up's shown for the TCL 6-Series some day, but there are already two that I have consulted so far, and they helped.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

mebby

« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2018, 10:00:13 PM »

Glad to hear that Mebby!  I'm trying to warm up to SMB2, but it's hard to do with me still on my honeymoon with the fully enhanced XBox One X version of Forza 7 ;D

If you're not a baseball guy then I could see how it would be of limited interest.  I'm not a HUGE baseball guy myself but this game fills a nice void for me in my sports video game library!
Steam Name - Turnerm05

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #328 on: May 20, 2018, 10:56:29 AM »
Good review of John's set from a place I trust.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/6-series-2018-r617
Xbox One X

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2018, 02:10:46 PM »
Good review of John's set from a place I trust.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/6-series-2018-r617

Yes, that is a fantastic and comprehensive review of this set... which, BTW, I'm still totally in love with at this point.  I'm off this week so we're going to have an extensive honeymoon starting today!

That review has just opened the door to more things I want to get my fiddling hands on!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash