Will TGC 2019 offer 4K and/or Enhanced modes for Xbox One X?

• 415 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #375 on: June 13, 2018, 01:06:07 PM »
I think 4K and HDR should be high on the priority list. It makes such a difference to games.
There are so many games now on the enhanced list for one x. A lot from very small developers. For example Big Ant Studios in Australia have released Ashes cricket and AO International Tennis on xbox with 4K and HDR support.

I did not realize that either of those titles were 4K and HDR  :o  Thanks for pointing that out!  If you read KingPlayer's report in another thread about his hands-on with the XBox One version of TGC 2019, he said both the look and feel of the XBox One version he played yesterday was very similar to what he played on his "fat" PC.  I've asked him to clarify whether it was an XBox One X, or not in that thread, as that would make an appreciable difference.

Here's a link to his post, if you're interested:

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,23849.msg296408.html#msg296408

I don't know what sort of hooks the XBox One X may be given with TGC 2019, but even if it's not flat out 4K res and HDR, they could (in theory at least) use the "Render Scale" and "Object Detail" sliders they have in the PC version... that alone would go a loooooong way toward appeasing XBox One X owners, IMO :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:09:47 PM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

philby85

« Reply #376 on: June 13, 2018, 05:50:00 PM »
I think 4K and HDR should be high on the priority list. It makes such a difference to games.
There are so many games now on the enhanced list for one x. A lot from very small developers. For example Big Ant Studios in Australia have released Ashes cricket and AO International Tennis on xbox with 4K and HDR support.

I did not realize that either of those titles were 4K and HDR  :o  Thanks for pointing that out!  If you read KingPlayer's report in another thread about his hands-on with the XBox One version of TGC 2019, he said both the look and feel of the XBox One version he played yesterday was very similar to what he played on his "fat" PC.  I've asked him to clarify whether it was an XBox One X, or not in that thread, as that would make an appreciable difference.

Here's a link to his post, if you're interested:

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,23849.msg296408.html#msg296408

I don't know what sort of hooks the XBox One X may be given with TGC 2019, but even if it's not flat out 4K res and HDR, they could (in theory at least) use the "Render Scale" and "Object Detail" sliders they have in the PC version... that alone would go a loooooong way toward appeasing XBox One X owners, IMO :)

Thanks J I loved that thread very exciting to read. I would love those sliders, the one x is way more capable of displaying PC like graphics settings. Glad you're loving the TCL and one x combo. I love mine.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #377 on: June 19, 2018, 05:02:42 PM »
Just purchased my TCL 55R615 from Best Buy.

Will not really get to spend any appreciable time with it until Friday morning as I am swamped facilitating Manager classes at work.

Shaun and Alan.........I am now expecting to see some enhancements for the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro now.......I did my part, now it is your turn..... ;)
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • TGC2 Beta Team
« Reply #378 on: June 19, 2018, 05:12:45 PM »

Will not really get to spend any appreciable time with it until Friday morning as I am swamped facilitating Manager classes at work.

Shaun and Alan.........I am now expecting to see some enhancements for the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro now.......I did my part, now it is your turn..... ;)
Hey man,  let me know how this renders your game on the xbox,  I might buy the same TV for playstation ps4 pro...    I might as well upgrade now that I got a pro..   On a separate note,  I thought you hated console bro?  why are you changing mind?  is it because technology is catching up on consoles?
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #379 on: June 19, 2018, 05:26:58 PM »

Hey man,  let me know how this renders your game on the xbox,  I might buy the same TV for playstation ps4 pro...    I might as well upgrade now that I got a pro..   On a separate note,  I thought you hated console bro?  why are you changing mind?  is it because technology is catching up on consoles?

I don't recall saying I hated consoles. If I did, I misspoke.

I do enjoy the power of PC's.

I also enjoy the Xbox One X......it is quire a jump over the X1 and most of my Society play is on the X1X.
PC

Xbox One X

FRSTDWN

« Reply #380 on: June 19, 2018, 06:18:18 PM »

Damn right Tim!

C'mon HB get this done!
XB1 X

4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #381 on: June 19, 2018, 07:08:06 PM »
https://www.gamesradar.com/every-xbox-one-x-enhanced-game-4k-hdr-framerates-and-features-explained/

That is a long list.....

It's missing a certain game though!

Battlefield 5 is going 4 K HDR . Will be interested to see how it performs on the X . Especially the frame rates. A lot going on in that game with a solid game engine.
XB1 X

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #382 on: June 19, 2018, 07:08:33 PM »

Dilly dilly!  I hope your 55R615 gives you the same kind of picture and performance as mine... I'm still elated over it!  If we don't at least get a "Render Scale" and "Object Detail" option on the X, I'll be disappointed.  I don't have a lot of hope for HDR support, at least out of the gate, but from what I saw on my TCL during the stress test beta, it's probably the enhancement I could hold out for the longest.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #383 on: June 19, 2018, 07:11:39 PM »

Dilly dilly!  I hope your 55R615 gives you the same kind of picture and performance as mine... I'm still elated over it!  If we don't at least get a "Render Scale" and "Object Detail" option on the X, I'll be disappointed.  I don't have a lot of hope for HDR support, at least out of the gate, but from what I saw on my TCL during the stress test beta, it's probably the enhancement I could hold out for the longest.

Yea JC HDR on PUBG is a mess. I have to disable it. The darks are too dark.
XB1 X

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #384 on: June 19, 2018, 07:14:22 PM »

But you can still have 4K enabled with it, right?  I'm guessing you're given an option to turn HDR and 4K on and off in the game menu...
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #385 on: June 19, 2018, 07:34:39 PM »

But you can still have 4K enabled with it, right?  I'm guessing you're given an option to turn HDR and 4K on and off in the game menu...

It is locked on 4 K but you can turn off the HDR in the Xbox settings. No in game graphics options minus brightness. It is a preview game though.
XB1 X

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • TGC2 Beta Team
« Reply #386 on: June 19, 2018, 07:54:13 PM »

I also enjoy the Xbox One X......it is quire a jump over the X1 and most of my Society play is on the X1X.

There was time where you weren't fond of consoles in terms of how they ran the game as opposed to a PC,  but that is no big deal..  What I want is you to let me know how the game looks on your new Tv..  Can you report back?
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #387 on: June 20, 2018, 10:35:03 AM »

There was time where you weren't fond of consoles in terms of how they ran the game as opposed to a PC,  but that is no big deal..  What I want is you to let me know how the game looks on your new Tv..  Can you report back?

There was also a time for about 7 years that all I played was consoles since Tiger Woods was not on PC from 2009 on.

Anyway, finally got my new set up and running last night and made a few tweaks this morning and 4k on PC in Game Mode is STUNNING on this set. X1X is great too, but not quite as good as PC, but then again, the X1 version was designed for the standard Xbox. Can't wait to see an optimized version of TGC2019 for the X1X.

Still working through some sound kinks with the PC that I think I have figured out and will try to provide more feedback starting Friday.

Overall though, VERY impressed with this display so far, especially on PC.
PC

Xbox One X

FRSTDWN

« Reply #388 on: June 20, 2018, 11:45:26 AM »
I am seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on this tv.  My upstairs tv is a old LG which son has his Xbox X connected to. I was going to get the C 7 for my basement then take my Samsung 4K and move it upstairs. Problem is I have had some unexpected financial costs so I'm thinking this TV sounds amazing for the cost. If I like it then I might buy one for the basement and save myself some money all around.
XB1 X

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

stan_solo

« Reply #389 on: June 20, 2018, 11:46:31 AM »
  is it because technology is catching up on consoles?

.... never         ;)

space-cash