VR, need feature, put flag back in while on green

• 4 Replies

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« on: March 01, 2018, 10:10:34 AM »
Playing VR, when you are on the green, and have a long putt at hand. It can be very difficult to find the hole. Is there a way to put the flag back in for that putt?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:21:32 AM by friendBOMBER »
Play My Courses:
Valhalla GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone CC South
East Lake Golf Club
TPC at Sawgrass
Hobble Creek GC
The Grizzly
Brae Burn

Monument National GC
Celebration Golf Club
Riverside Golf Club
Pelikila Golf Club
Potomac Country Club
Briarbanks Country Club
West Fields GC
Palo Verde GC

HB_CraigC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 11:50:56 AM »
Hey friendBOMBER, there are times, usually when the cup is in shadow from a tree or the like, that it can be difficult to find the hole from that distance. Couple of things that can help you read your putt/spot the cup.

1) If you use the teleport to ball feature, the cup is always in the center of the green grid lines (assuming you didn't turn those off) in line with your ball.
2) You can free teleport around the green to better read any break(s) the green may hold as well as the position of the cup.

Perhaps having an option in the settings for manual pin removal would alleviate this issue, however, our goal was to create a realistic VR golfing experience, keeping people on an even playing field. We made the decision to auto-remove the pin to prevent users from using the pin as a sort of backboard, a means to make putting easier and removing the finesse required to give a putt just the right amount of weight.
~Game Designer

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 12:18:41 PM »
Hey friendBOMBER, there are times, usually when the cup is in shadow from a tree or the like, that it can be difficult to find the hole from that distance. Couple of things that can help you read your putt/spot the cup.

1) If you use the teleport to ball feature, the cup is always in the center of the green grid lines (assuming you didn't turn those off) in line with your ball.
2) You can free teleport around the green to better read any break(s) the green may hold as well as the position of the cup.

Perhaps having an option in the settings for manual pin removal would alleviate this issue, however, our goal was to create a realistic VR golfing experience, keeping people on an even playing field. We made the decision to auto-remove the pin to prevent users from using the pin as a sort of backboard, a means to make putting easier and removing the finesse required to give a putt just the right amount of weight.
I have used the teleport feature and it is very help in figuring out the greens, but the issue I have is when I am actual ready to hit the putt it becomes difficult to find the hole again when I look up from my ball. Would it be possible to have the ability to put in a ghost pin or be able to put the pin back in for long putts, then have the pin disappear after you've hit the ball? Much like having someone tend the pin.
Play My Courses:
Valhalla GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone CC South
East Lake Golf Club
TPC at Sawgrass
Hobble Creek GC
The Grizzly
Brae Burn

Monument National GC
Celebration Golf Club
Riverside Golf Club
Pelikila Golf Club
Potomac Country Club
Briarbanks Country Club
West Fields GC
Palo Verde GC

HB_CraigC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 11:40:13 AM »
Unforetunately, our time to develop and support TGCVR (beyond serious game breaking issues - which this technically isn't) finished about 11 months ago.

Right now, we're all hands on deck for TGC 2019.

However, should we be afforded an opportunity to pursue further VR development in the future, be it continued TGCVR development or a sequel, I don't see why this couldn't be something we add to our list of features for consideration. And, for the record, there are no plans for any VR development at this time.

~Game Designer

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 12:34:53 AM »
Unforetunately, our time to develop and support TGCVR (beyond serious game breaking issues - which this technically isn't) finished about 11 months ago.

Right now, we're all hands on deck for TGC 2019.

However, should we be afforded an opportunity to pursue further VR development in the future, be it continued TGCVR development or a sequel, I don't see why this couldn't be something we add to our list of features for consideration. And, for the record, there are no plans for any VR development at this time.
gotcha! Thanks for the response and good luck with the new game!
Play My Courses:
Valhalla GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone CC South
East Lake Golf Club
TPC at Sawgrass
Hobble Creek GC
The Grizzly
Brae Burn

Monument National GC
Celebration Golf Club
Riverside Golf Club