PC draw in line

• 9 Replies

bsather

« on: March 02, 2018, 08:52:45 AM »
I only have one thing I would want changed and I'm not sure how many players experience this. When the ball is in the air from the follow cam as the ball lands on the fairway or green there is a draw-in line just ahead of the ball as it is rolling. It's not a major issue but on some courses it does distract from an otherwise beautiful view. I'm not sure if this is Nvidia driver related or what it's even called.
Asus ROG Maximus X Code
i7 8700K Coffee Lake
G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Elite Gaming
Samsung 850 Pro SSD
Sony 4K 55X930E
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Xbox One Elite Controller

stan_solo

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 09:37:07 AM »
I think that's rendering

bsather

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:47:43 AM »
I believe that is right and I'm thinking it appears as the grass is drawn in 3D. It's no big deal for sure and at 4K on a 55" the game looks fantastic.
Asus ROG Maximus X Code
i7 8700K Coffee Lake
G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Elite Gaming
Samsung 850 Pro SSD
Sony 4K 55X930E
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 12:17:31 PM »
I only have one thing I would want changed and I'm not sure how many players experience this. When the ball is in the air from the follow cam as the ball lands on the fairway or green there is a draw-in line just ahead of the ball as it is rolling. It's not a major issue but on some courses it does distract from an otherwise beautiful view. I'm not sure if this is Nvidia driver related or what it's even called.

It has been in every Golf game I can remember that has 3D rendered terrain and grass. It would be nice if they could take that farther out into the camera view so it is less noticeable.
PC

Xbox One X

mebby

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 12:24:08 PM »
YES!!  I commented on this quite a bit when TGC2 was first released.  It's SUPER noticeable in this game compared to other games (including TGC1).  Once you see it you can't unsee it.

I hope this can be addressed.  For me, it's like a big diagonal ripple and it's most noticeable in the deeper grass (less noticeable on the fairways).
Steam Name - Turnerm05

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 04:11:44 AM »
never seen it, anyone got a screenshot?
i will....

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 11:21:59 AM »

You don't see it unless the camera is right behind the ball such as a drive or an approach shot.
PC

Xbox One X

mebby

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 12:15:42 PM »

Here's an old video that I did a while back to show HBS the issue.  Go to about the 2:35 mark and watch as the ball comes to a stop off the back of the green.  Look just beyond the ball and you'll see the line.  There are other examples later in the video as well.

And I apologize in advance because once you see this you can't unsee it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl0XsdxQk8o
Steam Name - Turnerm05

Tuco

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 09:10:04 PM »
Huh, I'm not seeing it.  I tried looking at several of your shots in the video and did not see anything like what you're describing. 
Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

Nascar Dog

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 11:08:20 AM »

Happens with Nvidia and AMD video cards.

space-cash