Graphic glitches/flashing trees/text unreadable

• 5 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« on: May 13, 2014, 11:34:36 AM »

Build No:  0.41
Game Area:  anywhere - happens in game, on scorecards, main menu
Title:  Graphic Glitches
Summary:  I have a lot of graphical issues while playing the game - half the time.  The trees will flicker in and out.  The text (scores etc) in the game will distort/glitch.  Reminds me of when my old graphics card overheated.  Anyone else getting this kind of stuff when playing?  If I exit and restart the problems are gone and then half the time the stay gone and the other half they come back.
Reproduction Steps:  Play the game - will happen within first few holes...or not at all
Reproduction Rate:  50% of the time
Screen Shot if possible: 

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:36:24 AM by Doyley »

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 11:12:59 PM »
Should note that I've updated my video card drivers and have played on low settings (45fps on average) and have yet to have an issue in three rounds.  Will bump up to medium settings and see how that goes.

Dave McFarland HB

• GroupMember
  • TGC Coder (Graphics/Course Generator)
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 08:50:11 AM »
Thanks for the detailed bug report.  We've seen glitches like this occasionally, but it only seems to happen on certain machines.  Originally I thought it was a hardware thing (e.g. overheating as you mentioned,) but now I'm not so sure.

Would you mind posting your system specs / windows version / etc?

Thanks

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 11:55:58 AM »
i5-2500k
ASUS Radeon HD 7870 - drivers were at 12.1'ish and I've updated them to 14.whatever that came out on April 25th.
8 GB DDR3
Windows 7 64 bit

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »
Played two more rounds on high settings averaging approx 20fps - no glitches.  Must say that the difference between low/high settings is quite noticeable.  Game looks amazing with high settings.  Starting to think it may have been a driver issue.  Played Knoll downs and Boulder Pointe final edition - both have glitched on me in the past - both clean this play through.

Dave McFarland HB

• GroupMember
  • TGC Coder (Graphics/Course Generator)
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 04:58:57 PM »
Hmm, ok, well let me know if it comes back with the new drivers.

space-cash