Wonky "search by text"

• 3 Replies

City Builder

« on: May 13, 2014, 02:31:44 PM »
Hi,

I try to search by text, for example I type in the word "the" (without quotes) and press my enter key to search.

The game immediately flashes up a list of courses and then loads up the first course in the list that it showed me without my choosing it.

Making it very difficult for me to use the search by text feature.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 11:15:26 PM »
While we're on the topic of search - can we make it so that the search assumes wildcards before/after what we're searching.

For example - if I search for "Orchard" and the course designer labels his course RBJ-Orchard Beach Golf Club it won't find the word since the designer attached his initials at the start of his course name.

Also for what it's worth I've experienced what the OP has mentioned as well.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:52:02 PM by Doyley »

City Builder

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 01:11:13 PM »
The other thing that I've experienced and this was when the game was first released (so i dont' know if it's still happening) but if I try to search for the exact name, let's just say "The beach of Nebraska" and I type that in I won't find anything, but if I type in just "the" (this is before having this issue of the game taking me immediately to the first course that I explained in the OP) then the game would show me a bunch of listings with The as the first word and somewhere in the list "The beach of Nebraska" would show up.  It felt as if the game can't find exact searches.

For real life example, somebody suggested trying the "The Beast" course, so I typed in "The Beast" and it found no results, that's when I tried searching just on "the" and there were multiple pages and I assume one of them did contain The Beast course.

Anyway, search by text needs some help.

HB_JordanA

• Administrator
  • Designer
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 04:25:30 PM »
Thanks for all these reports, folks.

I am seeing what you're seeing as well (Enter key is giving double-input; exact matches not working; wildcard issues). I'll bring it up with our QA Lead and we'll get some eyes on it.

Thanks again :)

space-cash