handicaps

• 16 Replies

LostSoulsForeva

« on: March 13, 2018, 03:47:06 PM »
My handicap has gone up from +3.7 to over+10 even though I'm shooting under par rounds? can anyone help with this..

Thrangar

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 03:49:03 PM »
you don't understand HC do you...from what you said it is working  8)
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

mebby

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 03:54:43 PM »
A positive handicap means that you are doing better than par - meaning you shoot lower than par on average.  It's easy to be confused by this because most people just state their handicap in absolute values.  So when someone says that they are an 11 handicapper they really mean -11.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

LostSoulsForeva

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 05:50:31 PM »
i play golf for real i know if you keep scoring under par your handicap comes down but mine goes up on tgc2 that's what i don't get?.

mebby

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 06:41:20 PM »
i play golf for real i know if you keep scoring under par your handicap comes down but mine goes up on tgc2 that's what i don't get?.

Did you even read my response above?
Steam Name - Turnerm05

Lancers

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 06:46:09 PM »
Depending on the course and its rating you can shoot under par and see your handicap move down say from +10 to +9.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 06:50:10 PM »
I think if your from the uk or europe this HCP method is tough to understand,in UK lower your HCP better you are,where in this game Plus HCP shows better you are,So if you HCP goes up lostsouls you doing well....Higher the PLUS score better your doing.

PS i have never understood the HCP in this game since day 1,one of the worst things AK brought into game.

With multiplayer coming in TGC2019 hopefully the HCP will not be around but i think it's here to stay.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:57:04 PM by Yeltzman »

Lancers

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 07:31:01 PM »
I agree could do without it it means nothing so far as how well you play really.

LinksLover

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 05:17:27 AM »
I think if your from the uk or europe this HCP method is tough to understand,in UK lower your HCP better you are,where in this game Plus HCP shows better you are,So if you HCP goes up lostsouls you doing well....Higher the PLUS score better your doing.

PS i have never understood the HCP in this game since day 1,one of the worst things AK brought into game.

With multiplayer coming in TGC2019 hopefully the HCP will not be around but i think it's here to stay.

Although handicaps are calculated differently in the UK (we use Standard Scratch Score and Competition Scratch Score as opposed to slope rating) a handicap of 5 means you take 5 shots from the course and +5 means you give 5 shots to the course, the same as in America.
MY DESIGNS
Clayton Wood Golf Club
Angus Bay International G. C.

savagegolf70

• PS4: "WRETCHED6170" - KFG Tour on FB and PS4 Comm.
    • KFG Tour
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 09:57:03 AM »
I agree could do without it it means nothing so far as how well you play really.

I dislike it altogether due to the unfortunate ignorant people out there that play crappy for real to have that help them on more "valuable" tournaments with the handicap on. No better than the people who shoot -15 cuz they land the ball short of the green and chip (or chip on green when they are technically not supposed to) and disregard putting altogether (prolly cuz it's their weakest part of game). Just observations.
Newest creations (oldest to newest)

Coronado de Regula CC
Tremele des Barros
Thorodan's Abbey
Monsanto Retreat GC
Octavian Rochforth CC
Knavesmire
Cedarvale Lodge & Country Club
Helvian's Keep
Redwick Pinnacle
Satan's Fall-House of 9
Longholt Fellowship GC
Whiteridge Bluff GCC

THEGOLFADDICT76

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 09:05:07 AM »
Can somebody please explain what a slope rating is and how it relates to the handicap please and other factors of a course that I may have missed. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

LostSoulsForeva

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 03:30:18 PM »
thanks for that I'm from england and i thought it should be coming down when i was scoring under par but since you've said +handicap is better on this game I'm now +11.2 thnx for the help and replies..

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 05:18:36 PM »
No worries Lostsouls you keep getting the HCP up (or is it down) enjoy game.

LostSoulsForeva

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018, 05:20:50 PM »
haha cheers mate again thnx for the help 👍

Coda1850

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 01:41:58 PM »
This was a hilarious read.   :o

;D
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

space-cash