I keep getting flagged

• 2 Replies

HarryVF

« on: March 20, 2018, 08:22:36 AM »
After the last 4 tournaments I keep getting flagged for my Xbox 1 controller. I play through Steam and check my Xbox 1 controller before and after each round to make sure It is identified as the controller I have used on TGC2 game and still get flagged.

I dont know what to do and I am frustrated and just feel like quitting. Please help me!!!

THERAYaka

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 09:07:08 AM »
What company manufactures your controller?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 05:59:38 PM »
If a controller is being flagged for straight shooting it usually means either there is a script running in the background causing your shots to be straighter or more consistent, or the controller itself has dead zones in it. 

What dead zones means is that when you move the stick back wards and forwards a normal controller would have lets say 30 data points to read how straight that movement was.  A controller that has dead zones might only report 10.  The result can be a more straighter or consistent swing since your swing reports 1/3 the amount of data points a fully functional controller reports.

Most stock controllers are really good at reporting properly and if they have deadzones, it is usually due to age, lots of usage and occasionally defect. Other controllers like Dual Shocks or Horis are designed to have less reporting data points because in competitions and game play, users want straighter, faster kills/shots.  By intentionally putting them in, users will buy these controllers for a better playing experience in many games.  Sometimes these controllers have software included that you can fine tune the controllers even further.  Unfortunately, in a game like TGC2, this constitutes an advantage over other golfers.   Many competitions have access to these data points and can see how straight or consistent you are shooting and if it is too straight or too consistent, you get flagged.

When this happens and you don't have any software you can turn off, the only other solution is to try another controller.  You won't be the first person out there who has a controller deemed to straight and many have had to get replacements.  What is unfortunate is you can have 3 stock Xbox one controllers and they may all play differently.   Despite being the same model, one might be deemed illegal, where the other two won't be and they can all be brand new.  Best advice is to buy a new one, keep the receipt.  Play a tourney or two and if it is okay, keep it. If it is still flagged, return it and get another.

space-cash