Tee Colors - How generated and can you choose

• 3 Replies

slick60

« on: March 28, 2018, 06:07:01 PM »
Frustrated new course designer working on 1st course. I have been trying to make my tee colors from back to front - white, blue, red and black. How are the tee colors generated? I have changed the colors about 4 times and they still do not come up as I have them set. While play testing the course there are several holes that do a wurly gig or whatever before looking down the fairway. I have no idea how to get them set properly and can find no help on the forums. If anyone could help I would be most thankful.

Slick60
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Deerhurst Highlands GCRCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
The Links of Beckon Ridge
Wardsville Golf Club
Wardsvile's Theodore 9 hole

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 11:59:37 AM »
I was unable to replicate it so not 100% sure on the odd flyover movement, the wurly gig as you describe it.  Maybe another course designer can comment on that if they have done it.

For your tee colors, when you highlight the tee markers, you can click on Tee Box Settings, then click Tee Colour.  First choose the tee set you want to change colors, then select the color you want to change it to.  So for example I currently have Blue, White, Red as longest to shortest tees.  I click on the Blue tee set and then choose the black color.  Now my tee sets will be Black, White, Red as longest to shortest.

If they are not showing up in that order on your course, you may have moved the tees around on that hole.  If on the first hole you grabbed the Red tee set and moved it behind the White tee set, it would stay that way on the first hole.  When you create a new hole, the new hole is going to have the tees as Red, White, Black  (using the example I gave above where I changed the tee colors).  The first hole will stay as White,Red, Black though.  Moving the position of a tee marker on one hole will not change it for the rest of the course.

When you look on the menu bar at the top, "Yards to Tee" shows you what the tee box order should be.  The back tees will be on the left.  Don't worry about the actual distance in those boxes, just the color order.  So whatever color is on the left up there, that should be your longest tee on each hole.  The color on the right side should be your shortest tee box.

Hopefully that made sense.   :)

slick60

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 12:41:39 AM »
Hi Keith, thank you for the information. I think I have it pegged now. It had to do with moving tee boxes around in the trial and learn period that I am in. A lot to learn but getting it done and looks amazing. Terrific program and very complex. Sculpting and dealing with water are fun and frustrating pieces to this puzzle. I am finding using natural water to be the best choice for me. I have a bunch of it on my home course that I am doing. By the way the birds - ducks, swans and geese only work on natural water for me. They are so cool I watch them instead of playing the game ha ha. Thanks again

slick60
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Deerhurst Highlands GCRCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
The Links of Beckon Ridge
Wardsville Golf Club
Wardsvile's Theodore 9 hole

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 10:01:21 AM »
Great, I am glad you got it sorted out!