Handicap rounds not registering? Help!

• 23 Replies

gregc320

« on: April 11, 2018, 11:09:14 PM »
Hi guys,

Excuse my newbieness I'm new to the game, there may be a way around this that I don't know?

But in order to get my handicap I must play 5 rounds of golf on the HCP courses. I have played one and it has registered, but I have played 2 more and neither of them have registered?

Am i doing something wrong? It has happened to me before that when I go to favourite a course that it says it requires a network connection but my connection is working and lets me go into career and loads courses etc. so.... bug?

Also, when I exit the game and go back into it, it still says that I need to register 5 rounds again, it doesn't save?

Any help appreciated.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 11:54:46 AM »
What is your username on Steam?  When you go into TGC2, click on "MY Profile" in the bottom right and then Handicap Record.  What does it say on that page?

gregc320

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 03:28:56 PM »
Hi Keith,

My steam name is just "Greg"

The thing is, when I complete my first round it registers and says 4 rounds to complete but I don't get any coins? But then I complete another round and it doesn't register? I close the game and it then resets to 5 rounds with my 1st round gone?

The handicap record page is empty, nothing on record even though I have completed at least 12 rounds at this stage.

When I play, the connection symbol is constantly blinking on the bottom right even though my internet is working fine.

This link contains my output log after the first round and a screenshot after the first round and the same for round 2. There are multiple connection errors even though I am connected.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6q5cuy1ff2jrokl/AAD-_wfGsDjmQX4hi-ICvY07a?dl=0&m=

Thanks.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 03:29:11 PM »
Let's see if one of the devs can check out the output log to see if there is any info in there to help your situation.  Thanks for including that.

Keith

gregc320

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 06:55:29 PM »
Hi Keith,

Am I waiting on this for a dev to look at this or....?

I'm very close to requesting a refund on steam for this because the game is unplayable for me at the moment.

I am currently in college in student accommodation which is classed as a public network connection. This connection doesn't allow me to connect to Netflix for some reason so would that have anything to do with it?

Thanks,
Greg

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 07:16:15 PM »
Devs have said it looks like it should be sorted out.  It was a server thing and it shouldn't be on your side.

HB_ADMIN

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 11:20:55 AM »
We've been making some server upgrades this past few days which is affecting things. We expect to be back to normal very soon. Thanks, we hope you'll stick with us a bit longer while we resolve.

gregc320

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 07:58:16 PM »
Hi guys,

Thanks for your help. I will be looking out for the updates to the servers and hopefully it does get resolved. The whole idea of the game really impresses me so I hope I can get it working.

So far it's still acting up anyway.

gregc320

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 09:33:58 AM »
Hi lads,

I'm still having this issue. Nothing is saving for me when it comes to completed rounds. I cannot save any courses as favourites and the connection symbol continues to flicker on the bottom right corner even though my connection is perfect.

I'm wondering would this have anything to do with being on a public network? As I am currently in student accomodation and using the internet supplied to everyone?

Thanks,
Greg

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 08:52:39 PM »
Hi Greg,

It's unlikely that this is tied to your connection speed/quality. However, it could be tied to the router you're connected to or your firewall. Are you able to test with a wired connection?  If you already are or are unable to do so, can you try with your firewall off?

gregc320

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 12:35:55 PM »
Hi Shaun, yes I have tried wired and have also tried with firewall off. Neither seem to be working. The quality of the connection is good - I download on average at 9 mb/s and the internet is fast - it just doesn't want to connect for some reason.

When I return home from college I will try the connection there and see if it makes a difference but it really shouldn't???

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 07:49:51 PM »
Being on a public network could be the reason.  I would definitely try it on a home network to try to rule out the public network being the issue.

Marco Sestan

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 09:33:29 AM »
Hi
I have the same problems as "Greg"
steam account: otisredding79
please help me
the game is fantastic and I would not throw it in the trash
thank you so much

M.

Hi Keith,

The thing is, when I complete my first round it registers and says 4 rounds to complete but I don't get any coins? But then I complete another round and it doesn't register? I close the game and it then resets to 5 rounds with my 1st round gone?

The handicap record page is empty, nothing on record even though I have completed at least 12 rounds at this stage.

When I play, the connection symbol is constantly blinking on the bottom right even though my internet is working fine.

This link contains my output log after the first round and a screenshot after the first round and the same for round 2. There are multiple connection errors even though I am connected.

Thanks.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 06:05:51 PM »
Hi
I have the same problems as "Greg"
steam account: otisredding79
please help me
the game is fantastic and I would not throw it in the trash
thank you so much

M.

Hi Keith,

Thanks.

Are you connected wired or wireless?  Any firewalls set up?

Marco Sestan

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 02:24:49 PM »
wireless connection
 I opened the steam ports on the router

M.

space-cash