How to get created courses played!

• 8 Replies

slick60

« on: May 11, 2018, 04:39:14 PM »
I don't know if there is a thread on this subject ( if so I cannot find it) but I would like to get my created courses from my home course played and commented on if possible. The reward for the hundreds of hours spent creating them I would find. I am now 76 and enjoy this to no end at present. My home course is a 27 hole layout and I have done all the holes. An 18 hole course for Alvin and Simon nines and a 9 holer for Wardsville's Theodore. I have played a number of the real courses and feel mine is certainly nice to play and up to par. Wardsville is an easy course and it is made as such and plays exactly like the real course. PS4 is so easy I added 10% to the longest hole to offer a bit more of a challenge. Being relatively new to TGC2 I initially found the game hard to play so I along with my family went looking for the "EASY" courses to play to avoid frustration, They were few and far between. Thus I decided to do a re-creation of my home course to cater to the newcomers and those perhaps not quite as skilled at the game. HB has done a marvelous job with TGC2 and I wish to thank them.
Any information would certainly be helpful.

slick60
Courses:
Deerhurst Highlands RCR
Wardsville Golf Club
Wardsvile's Theodore 9 hole
Wardsville Falls G.C.
The Links of Beckon Ridge

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 10:37:06 PM »
You need to announce them in the course creator finished courses section.  What are the exact names you published them with?  I’ll give them a shot.
i7 6700k Skylake 4.0 GHz
Asus Maximus VIII
64 GB G-Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 RAM
Evga GTX 1080 SC GPU
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2  V-NAND SSD
49" Sony 4K 3840X2160
Xbox One Elite Controller
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
PS4 Pro

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 04:46:57 AM »
Slick, that's really great that you are enjoying the creation process. 

I'll play it too if you post the name. 

Icyken

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 05:28:15 AM »
Wardsville.   8)

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 09:18:52 AM »
Nevermind crickets...I hear chipmunks singing.

slick60

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 04:03:08 PM »
The Courses are called Wardsville Golf Club and Wardsville's Theodore 9 hole. I have not seen the Course Creator announcing in the finished courses section. I will have to hunt for it. Thanks for the input guys.
Courses:
Deerhurst Highlands RCR
Wardsville Golf Club
Wardsvile's Theodore 9 hole
Wardsville Falls G.C.
The Links of Beckon Ridge

Celtic wolf

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 03:18:20 PM »
If you go to the All Platforms section on this site you'll find Course Discovery (Completed Courses) bit just start a thread there with your course names. Its best to include details like number of tees and pins, fairway and green firmness and speeds, yardage and whatever else you like. Pictures of the course can help as well so pop a few up or ask if someone else could.

There's a TGC Tours site as well where you can submit a course to be played on the tours, they have certain criteria for their courses and if it doesn't get accepted you'll get feedback about the course.
My courses

Sgian Dubh at Arkinholm  (9 holes)
Wolf Trail at Illinois State
Claymore Course at Arkinholm  (Tour)
Ravines GC
Svartisen Park

Celtic wolf

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 04:08:06 PM »
http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/6786/beginners-guide-course-creation-videos

The link above is a great guide to designing a hole, full of good tips on how to design a good course that'll attract players. It takes a lot of time to get a good looking course even if it's just for beginners you need something to pull them in as there are a ton of courses out there.
My courses

Sgian Dubh at Arkinholm  (9 holes)
Wolf Trail at Illinois State
Claymore Course at Arkinholm  (Tour)
Ravines GC
Svartisen Park

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 08:28:30 PM »

space-cash