Okay HB, first you said early access was happening a month or so ago, now-

• 80 Replies

Leadbelly

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 04:18:18 PM »
Most of us are use to a lobby were you can pick-up games, but I don't think there will be anything like that. But for this game it may be a good thing, and random pick-up games will replace the need for a lobby. Its my experience that the biggest draw back for many people, is finding games in the first place to play. New people and people that cant find games, should be able to jump into a random game and there off to the races. Many people will often times abandon the multiplayer feature, because they don't have the time or don't want to waste it waiting in a lobby for a game.

Am I not understanding this? are we going to be able to play with random people yes or no? how are we going to meet new people in this game without a lobby system, more info, please.

I don't have any more information then you do, I like everyone else has never heard any mention of a lobby being added. Also with three platforms to deal with, I really don't think its feasible at this time. Three platforms three different lobby's, it would be a nightmare for them.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:21:02 PM by Leadbelly »

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 04:25:34 PM »
Hi,
No disappearing acts at all and we've communicated that early access was subject to change, and we communicated we changed it across a handful of posts and gave a little explanation as to why with just a touch of mystery and intrigue to go with it.
As for general news, it's true we slowed it down a little this past while as we build up to a larger announcement later this month. I've tried to communicate that as well, hopefully everyone can understand that. Shaun and myself are on here every day, barring time out of the office.
We're happy to engage on here, and I understand people want a steady stream of news and updates. Once we make our next major announcement, there will be plenty more to talk about.
Hope that helps and there's still plenty of time to be showing off content to you all.

Since I'm not on like I use to be,  the flow that I see that is coming from the team is slightly inconsistent.  Obviously,  you guys are going to release the game when it's ready and sales will follow,  but what I don't want to see happen is you guys go down the road that has been traveled via tgc2.  I do believe you guys got some great feedback and some of the things that you guys decided not to follow up on I believe cost you many die hard fans.   Obviously one being a modern day matching making system where gamers can easily jump on get in a chat room and have some fun.  Look at fortnite and games like this!   My son is 13 and spend hours everyday chatting with his friends,  and believe me when I say,  he has a group of friends that play golf in real life whom are itching to jump on stream and play tgc,  but as my son said,   it's not worth it because the multiplayer is weird and doesn't work.   

For the record,  he came into my office last night and asked if you guys were fixing the multiplayer so it's fun and user friendly for him and his friends to play.  These are the things that are very important for you guys to be taken seriously,  I had this argument with King Kyne many times over and he always maintained that data suggested live multiplayer wasn't important.  At this point,  I was right and he was wrong!  I always maintained that HB needed to try and be a step ahead of the curve in regards to multiplayer.  When Anthony was spouting his statistics I was telling him times were changing and online gaming was becoming the norm with things like Rocket League,  Destiny,   Cell phone games,  ETC  taking over..    I guess you guys making a strong effort is better late than never,   I certainly hope you get it right..

There is no doubt that HB has done a good job of replacing the frustration of not following through with the original early access date with some hype about another big announcement.   I suggest that releasing your dev diaries more consistently as you guys promised is more satisfactory than hyped announcements.  That is all I'm saying...

It's obvious,  many of us are big fans of your efforts and we all hope for major improvements..   Realistically I totally understand that things like the character creator sell copies and it's right to focus on things that the majority want.   Just don't get caught up in stroking the course designers so much that you forget the guys that actually play the game of golf featured in your offerings.  Remember,   whether you want to admit it or not,  one of the most important things that is expected in modern era video games this day in age is a good strong multiplayer that works...     It's expected,  just like the sunset and sunrise..

Long wall off text, let me summarize:

“Give me a multiplayer lobby”

———

What would move most games is a PGA license which is a very slim chance and in either case would delay the game a lot. Otherwise the top prios IMO are solid gameplay and user created content (courses) together with a good tournament engine both single and multiplayer. All these need work. A simple matchmaking system and a robust setup for live play with friends including good use of avatars should be done as well, but falls flat without rock solid gameplay and content to keep players interested.

An old fashioned lobby system will not move extra units if it’s done at the expense of any of the above.

Leadbelly

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 04:55:11 PM »
I am sure someone will start-up a website with a chat room, so people can arrange games. Then the host can invite people through steam, it would work much the same as a lobby anyway. I have no idea what can be done on console, but there must be something they can do.

mebby

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 04:57:07 PM »
While I do agree that multiplayer is important and it needs to be addressed... I don't think we saw a mass exodus of players because of the multiplayer shortcomings in TGC2.  Sure a few people were displeased and one very publicly dropped the game because of it but HBS isn't going to pander to one guy... I promise.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

Leadbelly

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 05:37:54 PM »
I don't think HBS is worried about the people that have bought the game in the past, multiplayer or not they will buy the game anyway. They ether don't care ether way or they have other options, its the people that wont even consider buying the game at all unless there is a good multiplayer feature. Those are the people there after, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:04:00 PM by Leadbelly »

goingforgold

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 08:01:14 PM »
Most of us are use to a lobby were you can pick-up games, but I don't think there will be anything like that. But for this game it may be a good thing, and random pick-up games will replace the need for a lobby. Its my experience that the biggest draw back for many people, is finding games in the first place to play. New people and people that cant find games, should be able to jump into a random game and there off to the races. Many people will often times abandon the multiplayer feature, because they don't have the time or don't want to waste it waiting in a lobby for a game.

Am I not understanding this? are we going to be able to play with random people yes or no? how are we going to meet new people in this game without a lobby system, more info, please.

I don't have any more information then you do, I like everyone else has never heard any mention of a lobby being added. Also with three platforms to deal with, I really don't think its feasible at this time. Three platforms three different lobby's, it would be a nightmare for them.

Why would it be a nightmare for them? TW had one on ps4/xbox years ago this is 2018 they have better dev tool now it should be easy for a good dev team really.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 09:11:04 PM »
Wow and LOL, just five days since I posted my prediction.

Since it is now the 10th of May, I will predict the grumbling will start within 10 days as to your later this month comment...UNLESS, you announce earlier.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 10:33:27 PM »

Since it is now the 10th of May, I will predict the grumbling will start within 10 days as to your later this month comment...UNLESS, you announce earlier.

It is like predicting the sun will rise in the east and set in the west if you think about it....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

mebby

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 11:28:02 PM »

It is like predicting the sun will rise in the east and set in the west if you think about it....

Nah... we got a regular Nostradamus on our hands!
Steam Name - Turnerm05

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 01:54:20 AM »
Back on April 20th, HB_Alan had the following to say about this in the "Steam Access Early This Month" thread:

"We have an exciting announcement to make in a few weeks, at which point I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised and understand why we needed to delay. We'll keep you posted and I hope everyone can appreciate the transparency and dialogue we're having with you. Thanks, everyone."

'A few weeks' may mean four to five weeks in some circles, which could put it past the 5/22/18, at which time - coincidentally - EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Golf's PGA license expires... something to think about  ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:58:19 AM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

spikel

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 02:02:17 AM »
Back on April 20th, HB_Alan had the following to say about this in the "Steam Access Early This Month" thread:

"We have an exciting announcement to make in a few weeks, at which point I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised and understand why we needed to delay. We'll keep you posted and I hope everyone can appreciate the transparency and dialogue we're having with you. Thanks, everyone."

'A few weeks' may mean four to five weeks in some circles, which could put it past the 5/22/18, at which time - coincidentally - EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Golf's PGA license expires... something to think about  ;)

Ok John. Let's make a bet! I get $20 if you're wrong, and $60 if you're right! Sounds fair right? Let's go!

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 02:10:49 AM »
Ok John. Let's make a bet! I get $20 if you're wrong, and $60 if you're right! Sounds fair right? Let's go!

I'll have to whittle on this one a while... but if I'm right, it sounds more like HBS will be getting $60 (at least from you) if I'm right.  I'm not nearly as prophetic as Dusty though  ;)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Leadbelly

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 02:41:06 AM »
If not for the occasional outburst, you would hardly know a new version was going to be released. I am good with it, passes the time with all the speculation and what not.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • TGC2 Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 03:01:31 AM »
Hi,
No disappearing acts at all and we've communicated that early access was subject to change, and we communicated we changed it across a handful of posts and gave a little explanation as to why with just a touch of mystery and intrigue to go with it.
As for general news, it's true we slowed it down a little this past while as we build up to a larger announcement later this month. I've tried to communicate that as well, hopefully everyone can understand that. Shaun and myself are on here every day, barring time out of the office.
We're happy to engage on here, and I understand people want a steady stream of news and updates. Once we make our next major announcement, there will be plenty more to talk about.
Hope that helps and there's still plenty of time to be showing off content to you all.

Since I'm not on like I use to be,  the flow that I see that is coming from the team is slightly inconsistent.  Obviously,  you guys are going to release the game when it's ready and sales will follow,  but what I don't want to see happen is you guys go down the road that has been traveled via tgc2.  I do believe you guys got some great feedback and some of the things that you guys decided not to follow up on I believe cost you many die hard fans.   Obviously one being a modern day matching making system where gamers can easily jump on get in a chat room and have some fun.  Look at fortnite and games like this!   My son is 13 and spend hours everyday chatting with his friends,  and believe me when I say,  he has a group of friends that play golf in real life whom are itching to jump on stream and play tgc,  but as my son said,   it's not worth it because the multiplayer is weird and doesn't work.   

For the record,  he came into my office last night and asked if you guys were fixing the multiplayer so it's fun and user friendly for him and his friends to play.  These are the things that are very important for you guys to be taken seriously,  I had this argument with King Kyne many times over and he always maintained that data suggested live multiplayer wasn't important.  At this point,  I was right and he was wrong!  I always maintained that HB needed to try and be a step ahead of the curve in regards to multiplayer.  When Anthony was spouting his statistics I was telling him times were changing and online gaming was becoming the norm with things like Rocket League,  Destiny,   Cell phone games,  ETC  taking over..    I guess you guys making a strong effort is better late than never,   I certainly hope you get it right..

There is no doubt that HB has done a good job of replacing the frustration of not following through with the original early access date with some hype about another big announcement.   I suggest that releasing your dev diaries more consistently as you guys promised is more satisfactory than hyped announcements.  That is all I'm saying...

It's obvious,  many of us are big fans of your efforts and we all hope for major improvements..   Realistically I totally understand that things like the character creator sell copies and it's right to focus on things that the majority want.   Just don't get caught up in stroking the course designers so much that you forget the guys that actually play the game of golf featured in your offerings.  Remember,   whether you want to admit it or not,  one of the most important things that is expected in modern era video games this day in age is a good strong multiplayer that works...     It's expected,  just like the sunset and sunrise..

———

What would move most games is a PGA license which is a very slim chance and in either case would delay the game a lot. Otherwise the top prios IMO are solid gameplay and user created content (courses) together with a good tournament engine both single and multiplayer. All these need work. A simple matchmaking system and a robust setup for live play with friends including good use of avatars should be done as well, but falls flat without rock solid gameplay and content to keep players interested.

An old fashioned lobby system will not move extra units if it’s done at the expense of any of the above.
I think your forgetting one thing.  The gameplay has been a work in progress for many years and a very good majority of tgc players like the gameplay already including myself. It always can improve but gameplay is very good, it's the multiplayer that's been abismall.   I miss playing the game, but I had to make my stand and boycott it until the game enters the new millennium.  Honestly, I was very saddened after beta testing for reasons I can't discuss....

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 03:10:58 AM »
Hi,

———

I think your forgetting one thing.  The gameplay has been a work in progress for many years and a very good majority of tgc players like the gameplay already including myself. It always can improve but gameplay is very good, it's the multiplayer that's been abismall.   I miss playing the game, but I had to make my stand and boycott it until the game enters the new millennium.  Honestly, I was very saddened after beta testing for reasons I can't discuss....

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Not saying they should not touch the MP. Good solid matchmaking with maybe ELO ranks on there would be nice and in line with what games do nowadays. Looks like this is what is coming.

There are however more gameplay items needed both for the casual and hardcore player that will drive sales as well. Sadly the casual side gives more bang for the buck here.

I do hope HB are looking into reoccurring revenue streams with DLC etc. Going forward to sustain the series.

I’d love to see a sim mode DLC.

space-cash