Placing Text onto the PS4 course designer

• 2 Replies

slick60

« on: May 21, 2018, 11:16:10 AM »
I am presently working on a new real course with over 350 feet of elevation change. I would like to be able to place text onto my design when I locate the low and high benchmarks and others in order to identify them quickly. The measuring tool is great but the circle points all look the same. Placing a 1T or 1G at the points with the elevation text would be very helpful. That way I could sculpt away to my heart's content placing the elevations rather quickly.
Is there some way to place text on the design?
Thanks for any help. If not available it would be a nice add for the 2019 version.

slick60
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Deerhurst Highlands GCRCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
The Links of Beckon Ridge
Wardsville Golf Club
Wardsvile's Theodore 9 hole

slick60

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 03:17:51 PM »
Thanks Gerard but locating is not the problem. Having all the holes etc mapped out on a topigraghical map  I guess pen and paper the best way. Place locations on course. Then make spread sheet of info from hole to hole or from bench mark.

The old fashioned way

slick
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
Wardsville Golf Club

slick60

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 06:38:05 PM »
https://www.screencast.com/t/TFY869l9
This is a Jing url snap shot of what I am currently doing while make my course for elevation changes. I think the best way to do this is to find the highest elevation that u will use for a hole or a tee and the lowest. Make a generic hole between the two. I do not believe it makes any difference. The Tee and the Green will act as bench marks that any elevation can be plotted to. Locate your holes, tees etc as shown in this map and then use the top of screen elevation above or below the green or the tee. Sculpt in your elevation. Now make surface and make a green or tee whichever you have just plotted and move onto the next hole. UNDER NO CiRCUMSTANCES do you make any generated holes until all 18 holes and tees have been located and elevated. Now layout your holes after deleting the benchmark hole first created.
It would be nice to place text on the screen.
Hope this may help some people.

Slick60
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
Wardsville Golf Club

space-cash