Pay && for someone to create courses

• 5 Replies

mlindstrom83

« on: May 23, 2018, 07:31:20 PM »
Just wondering if this was a thing..  I tried to create some of my local courses and after spending an hour on just one hole I gave up.  I was wondering if anybody out there has heard of this happening?

Stan Solo

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 07:33:58 PM »
and after spending an hour on just one hole I gave up.

I blame the wife  ..

ClassAct147

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 11:28:03 PM »
His last rolo maybe?  :P

leslie.sangster

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 02:48:22 PM »
I’ve done the signature par three hole on my local course and it looks and plays great but the rest of the course will take me an age to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlindstrom83

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 02:55:46 PM »
and after spending an hour on just one hole I gave up.

I blame the wife  ..

LOL wow that was a good one.

Just wondering if this was a thing..  I tried to create some of my local courses and after spending an hour on just one hole I gave up.  I was wondering if anybody out there has heard of this happening?

Some courses people spend 100+hours making them.For real local course you may have to take about 200 hours to gather information,make course ETC.
There are people that will make a local course for you but you need to do the homework.So what is 200 hours for someone to make a course for you worth.

I posted this in another thread.You can make the course yourself.

Well here is another approach if you have access to a computer, which maybe much easier and you could even use google maps/earth or the screenshot you provided.Program is called Peek Through it is free http://www.lukepaynesoftware.com/projects/peek-through/ .

Description: Peek Through is an application for Windows XP, Vista and 7 which makes the foreground window transparent with the press of Hot Keys. You may adjust the amount of transparency and the Hot Keys. You also have the ability to “click through” the transparent window onto the window beneath it.

I would do all elevations first with peek through, like in the screen shot,then use google maps and trace all the holes ,water,trees,sand for perfect setup of the course.

So you can use peek through and course editor at the same time to make any course.

image hosting

Definitely appreciate all of the information.  Ironically I've already used Google Maps on pretty much all my local courses for GPS so I can make yardage books from a lot of locations that courses won't give you.  I agree using the computer is so much easier. 

I'm glad you mentioned it could take 200+ hours to make a course for even a veteran.  That blows my mind, although I totally understand.  I guess I'll just stick to playing the courses that are already on there, definitely NOT worth the time!!

I'm luck to play the game 30-60 minutes a week lol

LinksLover

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 08:24:13 AM »
I'm on around £27,000 per year (including bonuses). If anybody wants to top that on a permanent basis I'll happily change jobs. I reckon I can make a top quality course every month on the basis of it taking 200 hours to make one. :D
PUBLISHED
The Swiss Wall
Angus Bay International (2019)
Northwood Golf Club TGC (2019)
Clayton Wood Golf Club (2 & 2019 port)
Angus Bay International G. C. (2)
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS

space-cash