The Original Golfer Society, Season 2 (Now PC and PS4)

• 8 Replies

theclv24

« on: May 30, 2018, 01:18:00 PM »
I have been running and updating this society since this spring, now in Season 2, with my updates usually taking place on the TGC Tours forum, but I wanted to loop in the crowd here in case I was excluding anyone who is not active over at TGCT. This society is designed as a course showcase society, and is targeted as a nice way to round out your week of TGC2 play. It is very casual, with only 2 rounds per week on average, occasionally 3. A companion society was recently created on PS4, if you are interested.

Here is the upcoming schedule. Hope to see you out there!

The Ollie Open = Ollie Links
The Whitefang = The Whitefang
The Tournament on the Course = The House On The Cliff

theclv24

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 09:40:00 PM »
Looks like Thranger might take this one on PC. Good turnout (for this season so far, anyways) for a Mikemike track.

After our quickfire week starting tomorrow, I'll get the next few weeks arranged leading up to our first major and get those posted on Monday or Tuesday.

theclv24

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 09:49:58 PM »
Tough little track, that Ollie Links. Made even harder by my self-punishment of no scout cam. Tight race at the top, event ends tonight, then we had to The Whitefang.

Here's a roundup of the next 5 weeks on the schedule:

June 10-16: US Open Primer - Shinne**** Hills - Members - 2 rounds - Blue Tees (7504) - Pins 1 and 4 - Regular purse
June 17-23: The Template Tournament - Raynor Farms Municipal - 3 rounds - Blue Tees (7025) - Pins 2-4 - Regular Purse
June 24-30: The George Thomas Memorial - Potter Lake C.C. - 2 rounds - Blue Tees (7134) - Pins 1 and 4 - Regular Purse
Jul 1-7: Goodbye to Congressional - Congressional Country Club (Tour) - 2 rounds - Blue Tees (7047) - Pins 1 and 4 - Regular Purse
Jul 8-14: Major #1 - Pittsburgh Field Club (Tour) - Major Event - 3 rounds - Black Tees (6768) - Pins 2-4 - $500 Buy-in - $500 Bonus

theclv24

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 10:50:34 PM »
1st event of the week ends in a tie:

On to Whitefang we go!

theclv24

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 05:23:59 PM »
I will have to update this post with the other winners from last week, want to give credit where it's due!

We have two rounds this week on the kinder version of Shinne****, for those who aren't playing in a tournament on the US Open version, or for those who just want a breather. I put up a pretty good first round, hoping I can grab my first victory in quite awhile.

After this week we have a pretty good lineup for the next few weeks, detailed in a post above. Please feel free to join us, as we are very slowly increasing our numbers each week on PC and PS4.

theclv24

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 10:57:06 AM »
If anyone on PC is looking for a place to play, this society is still going strong. HB may have given up on TGC2, but we haven't yet. The last round of the first major concludes today, and then we hit each of these courses over the next two weeks:

Royal Alden Links
The Greens at Old Rasputin
Emerald Lake GC
Castlebay Links on Barra Isle
The Pyratone Club

theclv24

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 11:52:57 AM »
Good turnout so far this week, by this society's standards anyways, with 8 players on PC. Perhaps we are picking up a few players as other societies die off. Just trying to build that positive PR for TGC 2019.

I've put together a schedule that should/hopefully will get us through to 2019, culminating in major #2. If not, I have plenty of courses left in my queue.

July 29-30: New Jersey Invite; Pine Valley, New Jersey; 1 Round; Black Tees; Pin 4; normal purse

July 31-Aug 1: The Strantz Memorial; Tobacco Dunes 2017; 1 Round; Black Tees; Pin 4; normal purse

Aug 2-4: San Francisco Championship; Olympic Club (TGC1 version); 1 Round; Red Tees; Pin 1; normal purse

Aug 5-6: Battle of the Bridge; RTJ Golf Trail - Ross Bridge; 1 Round; Blue Tees; Pin 2; normal purse

Aug 7-11: The Sergio Shootout; Valle de los Reyes (Garcia) TST; 2 Rounds; Red Tees; Pins 1 & 4; normal purse

Aug 12-13: The Holland Public Links; Holland Park Municipal (CC); 1 Round; Blue Tees; Pin 3; normal purse

Aug 14-18: The Settlers Open; Settlers Run Country Club; 2 Rounds; Blue Tees; Pins 3 & 4; normal purse

Aug 19-25: Major #2; Royal Lytham & St. Annes 2017; 3 Rounds; Major Event; Blue Tees; Pins 1, 3 &4, $500 entry, $1000 bonus purse

theclv24

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 02:15:35 PM »
Just wanted to drop a quick line that after our Major tournament this week, I will be keeping the society alive for at least a little while longer. Next week we will be playing Valhalla and Olympia Fields, a pair of RCR major venues.

This will be the last update that I make here. For September updates and all future iterations of this society, updates will live exclusively at the TGC Tour forums: http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/14834/original-golfer-society-season-ps4

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 07:20:33 AM »
what a real shame CLV it seems has left this forum,Hopefully HB and Craig can patch it up in future amazing what the Guy has done for game,for it to end up like this.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:22:15 AM by Yeltzman »

space-cash