Course Options

• 20 Replies

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« on: June 06, 2018, 07:28:03 PM »
Absolutely fantastic Options options options - 9 holes/18 holes/front 9 back 9/Wind/ wind direction/Green speeds and firmness/Fairway Firmness/What time of day to play/What weather to play in Bloody brilliant.

The multiplayer feels seamless no hangups' no bad or different outcomes to you're playing partners shots this is how the multiplayer should be "top Drawer Well done"

The Hud looks and feels so clean and fits perfect with the new game' realy good job on that'

Would have liked full green grids and also having to put markers on fade as the marker and nameplates are to intrusive while puttin' Also noticed while in camera mode while puttin you can't move it freely as before now it moves the marker also.

I like the scout cam and being able to adjust where you are aiming while zoomed in i suspect this and the fast fwd button was put in there to move the multiplayer along at a good speed (Haha AK would have a coronary iof he sees that fast fwd button)

All in all i am very pleased with what i have played so far' Yes there could be more penalty for missed tempo shots..

Oh and hallelujah the rough' now with different percentages and able to hit the ball out of it and not being so penal all the time.

So Great job so far guys you certainly have been listening "Thank You" ;D ;D ;D
i7 4790k 4.40Ghz
MSI GTX 980 TI 6Gb Gaming
H100i (AIO)
MSI GD65 gaming m-board
16Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2 playlist- http://bit.ly/2wBnFfW

Tootall

• Stress Test
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 07:38:15 PM »
Would have liked full green grids and also having to put markers on fade as the marker and nameplates there is a setting for fading names it's in society and if you land outside a green grid pratice more  lol or change to a wedge hit shift and get the grid that way just make sure you change it back.

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 07:41:10 PM »
and if you land outside a green grid pratice more.

Yup i think that's what it could be' i just need more practice  ;) ;)
i7 4790k 4.40Ghz
MSI GTX 980 TI 6Gb Gaming
H100i (AIO)
MSI GD65 gaming m-board
16Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2 playlist- http://bit.ly/2wBnFfW

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 09:50:21 AM »
Oh and hallelujah the rough' now with different percentages and able to hit the ball out of it and not being so penal all the time.

I forgot to give you an Amen on this comment of yours a few days back Jim; you're right, the rough play that I encountered playing in the Stress test was absolutely brilliant!  It feels totally believable and affects my shots in ways I expect rough to affect them.

Chip shots and rough play are two prior languishing issues that you can cross off your "Needs Attention" list HBS!  8)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Thrangar

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 10:47:00 AM »
I may have missed a setting but for me in this version, I had real hard time seeing the breaking beads on the grid, but since we can set the time of day, I just used the green itself for reference.
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 05:28:27 PM »
Agree with you guys on the chipping/ sand shot and pitching shots. Goodbye to those perfect straightline chips and pitches. So much better.    The putting felt a bit more rsalistic as well. Wish i could have given some time to the multiplayer rounds to see how it worked.  Unfortunately friday night est. i was free but was a bit too late to the party.  Looks promising though. Oh yeah. Bit more punishment for off tempo shots.please. and maybe a bit tougher to hit perfect/perfect on master to keep it the clubs you aspire to play.

Oops off topic.  I love the gameplay options. Career, multiplayer options. Course setting selectables. Ur getting there!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:33:01 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
The Links at Lighthouse Sound '19
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

The Links at Gettysburg '19
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

both courses updated  on 7/15/18 for transfer to tgc '19 (using blue golf mapping for accuracy)

mebby

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 06:29:32 PM »
Also noticed while in camera mode while puttin you can't move it freely as before now it moves the marker also.

I noticed this as well.  I much prefer the way it is in TGC2 where you can move the camera without moving the aiming marker.  I also liked the old aiming marker better but that's not a huge deal as I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I didn't notice the varying rough penalties but that's awesome to hear!
Steam Name - Turnerm05

liquidsnake000

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 02:55:01 PM »
Absolutely fantastic Options options options - 9 holes/18 holes/front 9 back 9/Wind/ wind direction/Green speeds and firmness/Fairway Firmness/What time of day to play/What weather to play in Bloody brilliant.

The multiplayer feels seamless no hangups' no bad or different outcomes to you're playing partners shots this is how the multiplayer should be "top Drawer Well done"

The Hud looks and feels so clean and fits perfect with the new game' realy good job on that'

Would have liked full green grids and also having to put markers on fade as the marker and nameplates are to intrusive while puttin' Also noticed while in camera mode while puttin you can't move it freely as before now it moves the marker also.

I like the scout cam and being able to adjust where you are aiming while zoomed in i suspect this and the fast fwd button was put in there to move the multiplayer along at a good speed (Haha AK would have a coronary iof he sees that fast fwd button)

All in all i am very pleased with what i have played so far' Yes there could be more penalty for missed tempo shots..

All those things you have listed sound like an absolute master stroke by hb, well done guys.
bring on 2019 tgc.

mebby

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 03:10:11 PM »

All those things you have listed sound like an absolute master stroke by hb, well done guys.

I feel like the HUD still needs some work.  It can be a LITTLE difficult to read from distance which will likely be an issue for console players more than PC players (although I'm a PC player... but I play from distance).

But, in general, I agree that big steps forward were certainly made.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 05:39:50 PM »
No idea if it was in the beta hope when you select Fast and firm conditions Brown up a little,Postage stamp today and troon really burned out look.Hopefully conditions the same at carnoustie in a few weeks be a real test.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 05:41:36 PM by Yeltzman »

liquidsnake000

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 06:31:52 PM »
That dreaded coffin bunker there on the right, ive been in there a few times ill tell you lol.
bring on 2019 tgc.

Yeltzman

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 06:09:49 PM »
Jimgem How different was the conditions from Soft to Very Firm especially on the greens could you really tell the difference,Just wondering about designing greens really i suppose you would have to design for Very firm/fast so there playable at all levels of conditions.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 08:26:19 AM »
Jimgem How different was the conditions from Soft to Very Firm especially on the greens could you really tell the difference,Just wondering about designing greens really i suppose you would have to design for Very firm/fast so there playable at all levels of conditions.

IMO that is the wrong approach. Design them to work at the firmness and speed that you pick.

Otherwise ALL competition rounds will be played at max firm / max speed.

Many real golf courses become unplayable when too firm, and if they get too firm only really stupid green keepers keep the grass short.

Yeltzman

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 11:11:31 AM »
How did the courses play then Soft/medium/firm was there much of a difference?.

stan_solo

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 12:23:51 PM »
Well I only played a couple of rounds on maxed out firmness/speeds on fairways/greens    .... and it felt really soft/slow

I was really miffed about it and told them so ...

space-cash