Bad Controller?

• 5 Replies

FairwayFinder83

« on: July 05, 2018, 02:03:02 PM »
I can't seem to get my character's swing to stop popping back to the original resting position when I go for the downstroke.  It happens so many times in a row I can't get any rhythm to get a good swing going.  This never happens on the putting green; only when I'm using an iron, driver, or hybrid.  Why am I experiencing so much "hitching" with the swing not going through?  Is my controller going bad, or is something else to blame? (I don't think its my swing mechanic...I've practiced several times going both fast and slow, and it is erratic every time.)

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 03:02:37 PM »
Visualize controlling your golfer in the same swing as an Ernie Els or Freddie Couples.

Smooth and rhythmic.

Do NOT stop your swing at the top of the swing.

Do NOT accelerate through the downswing to impact as that will have a huge impact on tempo and shot results.

Hope this helps........
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

HB_Alan

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 03:57:39 PM »
Hi - I sent you an email with a swing tempo movie attachment which may help. I emailed you directly since the file is too large to post on the forum. Hope it helps!

FairwayFinder83

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 04:07:37 PM »
Thanks, Alan.  I might have to show you guys what I'm talking about.  It's just so strange.  Yesterday I played and had no problems at all.  Today the club doesn't even go back, maybe 3 inches before it goes back to the starting position.  Literally, smooth, slow, whatever...it just pops back into place almost like the golfer is having....fits.

I am using a wired controller, as before, wirelessly, it seems I was having even more trouble.  Maybe the controller needs more charge.

I'll take a look into these.  But again, I'm barely even getting to a swing before it pops back.  Club is not very far into the backswing before it reverts to original (about 3-5 inches of backswing)

HB_Alan

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 04:15:52 PM »
Yeah that's a strange one. Maybe check nothing's running or downloading in the background which is affecting the game's performance. If not, try resetting your machine just to be on the safe side, and then loading in the game again before doing anything else. Otherwise, I might have to nudge one of our QA guys for some assistance to see if they've experienced anything like this in the past.

bob5453

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 06:28:55 PM »
My xbox 360 wired controller will float on its own, meaning sometimes on the pc the cursor will float to the corner and I have to pick up my controller and move the right stick to make it stop. I assume this is why sometimes my club will reset as many as 4 or 5 times in a row before a shot. This doesn't happen every shot, it happens maybe 25 times a round. I have 2 of these wired controllers and 1 wireless one. I think both of my wired controllers do this, but I think I always got plenty of resets with TGC, so it is just something I am use to. It is annoying when it happens more than once on a shot and can result in a bad shot, but I am too old to buy a controller every few months. :)

My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

space-cash