Poll

8-9
5-7
1-4

How much do you care about licensed clothing/equipment

• 67 Replies

liquidsnake000

« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2018, 03:14:26 AM »
If it adds a bit more realism to the game why wouldn't we want them in the game, I think we should be thankful hb studios are at least making the effort to get the game more realistic. It's a 10 from me just for the effort they are putting in.

Your missing my point.........an average course has probably got 50-70 bunkers,let's get them looking acceptable before we start adding logos on apparel.
Let's get the grass looking like......well grass.
F#^* the sky box off out of it and spend some time on the ground getting it to look like a golf course.
You're missing my point too, why do we have to trade anything off for one thing or the next, it should be to hard to get both in the game should it. add, add, add , not swap, swap, swap.
bring on 2019 tgc.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2018, 08:16:22 AM »
Good for the game but not a big thing for me personally. Doesnt affect gameplay

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2018, 10:29:02 AM »
Not sure, but the same reason Golf equipment/apparel/ball manufacturers pay to advertise in Golf and Golf Digest, The Golf Channel, and any PGA TOUR broadcast?

I don't have a grip on who benefits more from using brand names in a game... wouldn't Callaway Golf benefit from having their brand flashed in the eyes of golfers who are playing a golf game?  I know HB Studios would benefit by having their equipment and logo in the game, but I see an equal benefit in potential sales for Callaway Golf.  I can see where Callaway Golf would want to have a say in how their brand is used and represented in the game, but as long as those terms are met, I don't see why HB Studios would have to pay Callaway for the right to advertise their products in their own game.  I'm really out to lunch on this??
HB Studios certainly benefits from having the PGA TOUR brand, the John Deere brand, the Under Armor brand in their game.  HB has to pay for the license to use those logos and brands because there is a certain value associated with those brands and HB capitalizes on that value with authenticity.  Including known, reputable, golf brands in the golf game legitimizes the game.  It says to people who aren't familiar with the game that the game is legitimate.

If you were looking for a golf game and didn't know anything about golf games, would you buy a game called "Golf" or "PGA TOUR Golf"?  Most people are going to buy the PGA TOUR Golf game.  The only distinguishing feature is that the PGA TOUR has stamped its approval, but it says to consumers that it's probably a better game.

Golf equipment and apparel companies don't benefit from their logos and brand being used in the game - at least, not nearly as much as the game benefits from including licensed brands.  Golf companies benefit by having their logos and brands associated with professional players.  Thus, they sponsor golfers.
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2018, 10:58:19 AM »
Not sure, but the same reason Golf equipment/apparel/ball manufacturers pay to advertise in Golf and Golf Digest, The Golf Channel, and any PGA TOUR broadcast?

I don't have a grip on who benefits more from using brand names in a game... wouldn't Callaway Golf benefit from having their brand flashed in the eyes of golfers who are playing a golf game?  I know HB Studios would benefit by having their equipment and logo in the game, but I see an equal benefit in potential sales for Callaway Golf.  I can see where Callaway Golf would want to have a say in how their brand is used and represented in the game, but as long as those terms are met, I don't see why HB Studios would have to pay Callaway for the right to advertise their products in their own game.  I'm really out to lunch on this??
HB Studios certainly benefits from having the PGA TOUR brand, the John Deere brand, the Under Armor brand in their game.  HB has to pay for the license to use those logos and brands because there is a certain value associated with those brands and HB capitalizes on that value with authenticity.  Including known, reputable, golf brands in the golf game legitimizes the game.  It says to people who aren't familiar with the game that the game is legitimate.

If you were looking for a golf game and didn't know anything about golf games, would you buy a game called "Golf" or "PGA TOUR Golf"?  Most people are going to buy the PGA TOUR Golf game.  The only distinguishing feature is that the PGA TOUR has stamped its approval, but it says to consumers that it's probably a better game.

Golf equipment and apparel companies don't benefit from their logos and brand being used in the game - at least, not nearly as much as the game benefits from including licensed brands.  Golf companies benefit by having their logos and brands associated with professional players.  Thus, they sponsor golfers.

Good points.

The licensees win, HBS wins, and users win, IMO.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Matty-O

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2018, 11:01:12 AM »
10, I like the licensed apparel and equipment. It gives a level of authenticity to the game. And I always changed my outfit each round when playing tournaments in the TW series.

I know lots of people here are heavy on gameplay and don't get me wrong, I want the game to play excellent. But with all this power in consoles, its great when the game looks amazing too.

Royce

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2018, 12:18:48 PM »
I wonder if there is a correlation between IRL Golfers and the desire to have licensed equipment and video game golfers? I imagine people who actually play (and in high frequency) are more likely support licensed equipment because they actually use it? Not a knock on people who don't play.

That's an interesting topic you brought up.  I know personally (I play about twice a week in the good weather months) and don't care one bit for licensed equipment or not in the game.  IRL the clubs have different performance effects, in the game they all behave identical and don't affect gameplay one bit.
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills revamp
Pine Valley Golf Club

Thrangar

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2018, 03:15:28 PM »
I wonder if there is a correlation between IRL Golfers and the desire to have licensed equipment and video game golfers? I imagine people who actually play (and in high frequency) are more likely support licensed equipment because they actually use it? Not a knock on people who don't play.

That's an interesting topic you brought up.  I know personally (I play about twice a week in the good weather months) and don't care one bit for licensed equipment or not in the game.  IRL the clubs have different performance effects, in the game they all behave identical and don't affect gameplay one bit.

BINGO!
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

liquidsnake000

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2018, 03:57:33 AM »

Good points.

The licensees win, HBS wins, and users win, IMO.

My thoughts exactly divot, absolutely everybody wins and hb know that, hence why they are included.
bring on 2019 tgc.

space-cash