Brently Village GC

• 13 Replies

Arrowheadx61

« on: July 11, 2018, 03:01:43 PM »
I would like to announce the release of yet another course, Brently Village GC. This course is a par 72 that features 3 tee sets, 4 pin sets and plays just over 7,000 yards from the back tees. The course is tournament-ready, but I think it works just as well if all you want is a relaxing round. That said, I took a different approach to the design of this course. Here are the main criteria I used:

• I wanted to use a touch of minimalism...keep it simple but elegant in its own way
  • Some holes are challenging, others are easy, and some are in between. I wanted there to be enough of a challenge to maintain interest while not causing anyone to throw controllers or kick the pet. (Scores will probably be a bit lower than they are with my other courses)
  • I wanted to create a course that would be fun and relaxing but also suitable for competitive play.

Please give it a try. Constructive feedback is always welcome!

This will likely be my last design hurrah for TGC 2. Thanks to everyone who has given my other courses a go and for all of the favorable comments. Photos included below.
TGC 2019 Courses:

Legends CC @ Stone Creek
St. Padraig of Glencraiff Golf Club
Brently Village Golf Club
The Windwalker @ Two Rivers Run

Arrowheadx61

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 03:03:35 PM »
More images...
TGC 2019 Courses:

Legends CC @ Stone Creek

Arrowheadx61

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 03:04:25 PM »
Last set of images...
TGC 2019 Courses:

Legends CC @ Stone Creek

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 07:30:21 AM »
Looking good mate. Crowds too. Btw we're at Windwalker next week Weds 18-20 July. Ta for your work.

Arrowheadx61

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 10:32:05 AM »
Looking good mate. Crowds too. Btw we're at Windwalker next week Weds 18-20 July. Ta for your work.

What an honor! Thanks so much for considering the course and using it for an event. I hope everyone enjoys it. Light 'em up foks!
TGC 2019 Courses:

Legends CC @ Stone Creek

Kevin1305

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 03:35:12 PM »
Enjoyed as always great fun , yet another good job. Just one thing can shadows on greens be removed on design or you just have to put up with them.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Arrowheadx61

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 04:01:32 PM »
Enjoyed as always great fun , yet another good job. Just one thing can shadows on greens be removed on design or you just have to put up with them.

Good point! I was just having a discussion with someone else about shadows on greens of other courses and how frustrating that can be. I'm guessing you might be talking about hole #10, which is heavily saturated with shadows. I'm not really sure why I didn't fix that before release. I personally hate too much shadow saturation on greens, so I will indeed take a another look and try to get more light on the greens. Thanks for reminding me!
TGC 2019 Courses:

Legends CC @ Stone Creek

Arrowheadx61

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 12:03:50 AM »

Good point! I was just having a discussion with someone else about shadows on greens of other courses and how frustrating that can be. I'm guessing you might be talking about hole #10, which is heavily saturated with shadows. I'm not really sure why I didn't fix that before release. I personally hate too much shadow saturation on greens, so I will indeed take a another look and try to get more light on the greens. Thanks for reminding me!

Kevin, I did some minor tweaking and created a second version. There's plenty of sunlight on every green now. There are a few shadows touching the fringe area of a few greens, but shadows should be a non-factor for putting now.

For anyone interested, the new course with shadow-free greens is called Brently Village GC. Those who want more of a challenge can try the original version, Brently Village Golf Club. On the original version, some of the greens are more heavily saturated with shadows, adding to putting difficulty.

As always, thanks for your feedback.
TGC 2019 Courses:

Legends CC @ Stone Creek

Matt43

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 02:45:41 AM »
Really nice this. Straight forward with no crazy ass greens. Very welll done sir.

Arrowheadx61

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 11:12:16 AM »
Really nice this. Straight forward with no crazy ass greens. Very welll done sir.

Thank you Matt!
TGC 2019 Courses:

Legends CC @ Stone Creek

Kevin1305

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 07:40:42 AM »

Kevin, I did some minor tweaking and created a second version. There's plenty of sunlight on every green now. There are a few shadows touching the fringe area of a few greens, but shadows should be a non-factor for putting now.

For anyone interested, the new course with shadow-free greens is called Brently Village GC. Those who want more of a challenge can try the original version, Brently Village Golf Club. On the original version, some of the greens are more heavily saturated with shadows, adding to putting difficulty.

Played it mate, Top banana.  Greens are so much better that way. Loved playing this course great job . I'm off to play more of your courses........stress free Sunday.

Kevin1305

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 08:25:08 AM »
Played Black Dog ......Brilliant loved it. PAR 3s were unreal.

Arrowheadx61

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 12:43:32 PM »

Played it mate, Top banana.  Greens are so much better that way. Loved playing this course great job . I'm off to play more of your courses........stress free Sunday.

Thanks Kevin! I will definitely keep your feedback in the forefront of my mind as I design future courses. Greens may not always be 100% shadow free, but I will make sure they don't interfere with putting. 
TGC 2019 Courses:

Legends CC @ Stone Creek

Arrowheadx61

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 12:45:16 PM »
Played Black Dog ......Brilliant loved it. PAR 3s were unreal.

Thanks Kevin! That was the very first course I created. Seems like a hundred years ago. Glad you enjoyed it!
TGC 2019 Courses:

Legends CC @ Stone Creek

space-cash