Got banned? Not sure why...

• 48 Replies

ProtoNC

« on: July 13, 2018, 11:35:43 AM »
Was looking for a realistic scoring club and found the Fair Players Club.  Seems like a good club, makes updates, etc...  I went today as I played one tourney (currently 5th @ -12, leader @ -32) and see that I've been banned, "You've been banned from this society by one of its Administrators"?  Odd, I assure you that I don't cheat, use a ruler, straight edge etc, only my thumb playing with Xbox controller (god forbid that be called cheating or something).  I don't mind trying another Society at all, but any explanation for the ban or others had the issue?

Any active Society out there that 1st place isn't -50 to -60 under?  LOL!

XB1: ProtoNC
Steam: ProtoNC

mebby

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 12:20:30 PM »
Was looking for a realistic scoring club and found the Fair Players Club.  Seems like a good club, makes updates, etc...  I went today as I played one tourney (currently 5th @ -12, leader @ -32) and see that I've been banned, "You've been banned from this society by one of its Administrators"?  Odd, I assure you that I don't cheat, use a ruler, straight edge etc, only my thumb playing with Xbox controller (god forbid that be called cheating or something).  I don't mind trying another Society at all, but any explanation for the ban or others had the issue?

Even the No Assists societies are posting ridiculous scores.  I blame it mostly on the loft box which provides for extremely accurate dial-a-distance shot making.  But even outside of that, some folks are just really freaking good!
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

Thrangar

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 01:39:16 PM »

Do you run a third party software program to control settings for you controller?

I think that's an instant ban...the society you mentionedis part of TGCtours and  is the only society that I know of that has the api and understands it to its full potential
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 02:23:31 PM »

Do you run a third party software program to control settings for you controller?

I think that's an instant ban...the society you mentionedis part of TGCtours and  is the only society that I know of that has the api and understands it to its full potential

There is no “Fair Players Club” that is part of TGCT.

ProtoNC

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 02:27:45 PM »
@ Meb, totally agree, there are some awesome players out there!

@ Thran, no 3rd party, enhancements, or etc. for the controller, only my thumb. 

ClassAct147

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 02:38:12 PM »
Straight edged thumb or curved?😜.  Maybe you chipped while on the green...

ProtoNC

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 03:01:18 PM »
LOL!!!

....chipping on the green could get you banned?  I have done that when on a large green and I felt like I was a mile away. LOL That is allowed on the PGA, so that wouldn't make sense though.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 03:37:24 PM »
Just to throw this out there-    years ago I signed up for TGC tours and got banned for cheating and I was PISSED!   I contacted Doyley and he was nice enough to talk with me about it considering I wasn't cheating.   Come to find out,   when the tgc1 first came out on the PC,  the sony ds4 controllers didn't work because of an HB studios BUG.   Basically when HB released TGc1 on PC if you were using a ds4 controller the thumbsticks didn't work to swing the club.   I can't remember who it was,  but someone on this forum told me to download a Ds4 program that would allow me to get the sticks to working via mapping or something of that nature.   I downloaded the software and got my sticks working,  I was also told to edit a few other tweakable things so I did..    Be that as it may,   HB ended up fixing the ds4 mapping issue the next day but I still had the software running in the background..  Apparently,  the software I had downloaded to fix Hb's controller bug ended up making my swing too straight and I got banned...   The only way I figured out what it was is because I racked my brain trying to think of what I could of done to look like a cheater..  It finally dawned on me that it could be the software in which it in fact ended up being...   I asked Doyley to let me try Qschool again after I deleted the software and I passed with flying colors...   

I know you're not using the software or anything like that so it really makes no sense that you got banned..   I can tell you from experience though that it's easy to spot a cheater because they line is always straight when it matters..  They think there pulling one over on people throwing the offline shot in when they know they can recover...  Honestly,  that software can be tweaked just enough to still allow you outside the cone if you swing totally hard left or right.....   For me though,  it takes all the fun out to game the system,  and the only reason I see anyone doing it is to win tourney's at all cost which is lame...   I think they way some people rationalize it is they think they have to do it because everyone else is..  This is why I play with my friends and keep my fun contained and away from the nonsense..
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

ProtoNC

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 04:35:09 PM »
Excellent post!  Thanks!

I've checked my installed programs, nothing.  Wish there was a list of programs or executables that are not allowed, or the game told you it was not allowed like some of the anticheater in-game software.  I've never finished 1st in a society tourney, try, but never make the top spot.  My play is up and down.  Probably just had my best round in the 50's, but I believe that was due to slower greens.

I have no reason to cheat, and have never understood in any game why people do. 

TeeToGreens.com

• GroupMember
    • TeeToGreens.com
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 07:43:47 PM »
They think there pulling one over on people throwing the offline shot in when they know they can recover...  Honestly,  that software can be tweaked just enough to still allow you outside the cone if you swing totally hard left or right.....

Never had an issue with you johneric8 and seems i agree with a lot you always post and this "Quote" you made is 100% spot on there is a TON of players pulling the wool of some eyes on a certain site out there and getting away with it and NOT just the PC players either. BUT i have said this before and now just because u can hit a perfectly straight line each and every shot don't mean crap IF you don't know club distance how to play wind rough sand chip O and PUTT. Please don't say it's an advantage because that's BS because to your own quote there are players doing funny things with the line THEY JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY. So if u hit a perfect line say 90% of time your out but you hit a perfect line 89.0 of the time fly under the radar that's fine? I myself can careless i`ll play my style along with anyone and YES I have the API data I`m not blind and far from being dumb on how to read it. Not attacking you johneric8 I agree fully what you posted FYI
Marc Harmon
Head Admin
www.TeeToGreens.com
Discod Link:  Click To Join

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 08:38:49 PM »
They think there pulling one over on people throwing the offline shot in when they know they can recover...  Honestly,  that software can be tweaked just enough to still allow you outside the cone if you swing totally hard left or right.....

Never had an issue with you johneric8 and seems i agree with a lot you always post and this "Quote" you made is 100% spot on there is a TON of players pulling the wool of some eyes on a certain site out there and getting away with it and NOT just the PC players either. BUT i have said this before and now just because u can hit a perfectly straight line each and every shot don't mean crap IF you don't know club distance how to play wind rough sand chip O and PUTT. Please don't say it's an advantage because that's BS because to your own quote there are players doing funny things with the line THEY JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY. So if u hit a perfect line say 90% of time your out but you hit a perfect line 89.0 of the time fly under the radar that's fine? I myself can careless i`ll play my style along with anyone and YES I have the API data I`m not blind and far from being dumb on how to read it. Not attacking you johneric8 I agree fully what you posted FYI

I feel ya,  I think it's just stupid how we have to be hush hush on what we know is really going on ya know?    Another reason I quit with some of the bigger tours was because when I first started playing I would watch high profile players waiting on wind for what seemed like days..  Or practicing a course 3 or 4 times..   I don't have time to put in that kind of practice so that is why I consider myself casual,  plus it's not that important to me to win,  and if I do I can really enjoy it.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

BigAlWesner

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 06:18:32 PM »
Here's a thought.....someone gets banned for "straight shooting" (using a programmable mouse that allows x-y axis control)…..that means they have a problem w/your equipment and software. So I say "hey...you're playing on a PC with a killer graphics card and getting 60 or better fps...you're cheating!" so you say...."screw you buddy go buy a better PC!"....so I say to all you complainers....GO BUY A BETTER MOUSE!

I hope you see my point.

Big AL Wesner

Randy

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 12:32:21 PM »
I always thought that hitting the ball str8 was the objective in golf, Am I loosing it here that if you don't hit it str8 your good to go, Thats by far the stupids thing Ive ever heard of, I think the ppl who set that BS up are a few frys short of a happy meal, but then look who were talking about here, they banned me over there for telling the truth, an for telling someone to mind there own bussiness,

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 02:43:29 PM »
I always thought that hitting the ball str8 was the objective in golf, Am I loosing it here that if you don't hit it str8 your good to go, Thats by far the stupids thing Ive ever heard of, I think the ppl who set that BS up are a few frys short of a happy meal, but then look who were talking about here, they banned me over there for telling the truth, an for telling someone to mind there own bussiness,

The objective in Golf is to get the ball in the hole in as few shots as possible.

stan_solo

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 02:59:23 PM »
The objective in Golf is to get the ball in the hole in as few shots as possible.

Now you tell me   ..

space-cash