Coffee Lake onboard graphics?

• 2 Replies

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« on: July 20, 2018, 01:35:38 PM »
I’m thinking about upgrading my PC to the new i7 Coffee Lake processor and I’m wondering if any of you guys have experience with the onboard graphics!  Are they enough to run the game well?Or will I still need to keep my current card.  I’m asking because if I cold sell both the 1080 I have along with my CPU and board..... I cold actually make money on the upgrade,  I’d appreciate any thoughts on this.
Thanks.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 01:41:33 PM »
I’m thinking about upgrading my PC to the new i7 Coffee Lake processor and I’m wondering if any of you guys have experience with the onboard graphics!  Are they enough to run the game well?Or will I still need to keep my current card.  I’m asking because if I cold sell both the 1080 I have along with my CPU and board..... I cold actually make money on the upgrade,  I’d appreciate any thoughts on this.
Thanks.

Keep the 1080.

I cannot imagine ANY on board GPU coming anywhere remotely close to performing like the 1080 can.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Thrangar

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 04:48:14 PM »
People who game with on board graphics are never going to get much attention, from developers who's game is/will not be optimized for your cards drivers.

You will have anomilies and glitches for the life span that you own that card!

Yes definitely keep the 1080
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

space-cash