Upgraded to Xonex, looking for 4k tv suggestions....

• 168 Replies

lastchancehombre

« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2018, 02:00:55 AM »
Have the 65 downstairs but the 55 TCL up stairs. Honestly it isn't that big of a difference.

I think the better saying of " we need a bigger boat" is from the movie Blow. Great movie.

The 55" just barely fits on top of the cabinet it's on, turning it to clean behind, not gonna' happen! Can't go over the top so going to have to make something with an extension to reach from the side to clean. So all depends on your particular wall/room space. Ours IS small!!!

That it was!
TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

FRSTDWN

« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2018, 08:42:09 PM »
Well yeah on a stand it would make a difference. I meant mounted . Should have said that. If there is anyway to mount it you should. Frees up all that space and you can tuck all the wires behind the drywall. Of course unless you know what you are doing have an expert do it. Especially if you have kids running around.

On a settings note I thought my picture was a little too dark on the C7 and I had HDR Dark ( think that is the setting) on low but put it on high and it looked better. Opposite world.
XB1 X
Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2018, 12:21:45 PM »
OK, here's a picture of my new 65" TCL 4K TV mounted on the TV stand that I purchased at Costco:

https://imgur.com/a/khuK0CE

I decided on the 65" over the 55" because the TV stand mount swivels to accommodate those sitting on the end of my sectional couch.

Another reason I went for the 65" is that it was on sale at Best Buy for $969.00 compared to the $599.00 for the 55". 

TGC2 seems to look a bit sharper and brighter on it.  The 4K gameplay preview video for Red Dead Redemption 2 looks phenomenal! :o 8)

-MERACE

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2018, 12:35:27 PM »
OK, here's a picture of my new 65" TCL 4K TV mounted on the TV stand that I purchased at Costco:

I decided on the 65" over the 55" because the TV stand mount swivels to accommodate those sitting on the end of my sectional couch.

Another reason I went for the 65" is that it was on sale at Best Buy for $969.00 compared to the $599.00 for the 55". 

TGC2 seems to look a bit sharper and brighter on it.  The 4K gameplay preview video for Red Dead Redemption 2 looks phenomenal! :o 8)

That looks fantastic Mark!  The bezel for the 65" TCL 6-Series looks to be almost the exact same width as your stand.  It makes for a really good looking combination  :-*  I can't see any hint of "banding" in your screen in that shot.  What is your sharpness setting, or what was your sharpness setting on your TCL in that screen shot?  I'm running mine at 8 to 12 when I'm playing TGC 2 because I find that the graphics get a little bit 'crystallty' when I go much higher.

What's your opinion on the off angle viewing radius with the screen?  Are you finding that you're having to rotate the screen under certain circumstances??  I ask because I know I'm overly anal about viewing angles and I like to gauge how everyone's preferences run on this.

$969 for that set is a STEAL... you've got to be elated! 8)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:50:14 PM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

lastchancehombre

« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2018, 03:47:27 PM »
Well yeah on a stand it would make a difference. I meant mounted . Should have said that. If there is anyway to mount it you should. Frees up all that space and you can tuck all the wires behind the drywall. Of course unless you know what you are doing have an expert do it. Especially if you have kids running around.

On a settings note I thought my picture was a little too dark on the C7 and I had HDR Dark ( think that is the setting) on low but put it on high and it looked better. Opposite world.

Yeah, I knew you were mounting yours, I don't have that option, no dry wall just framing & paneling in this place.
TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

lastchancehombre

« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2018, 03:52:00 PM »

-MERACE

Outstanding man! I really like that swivel stand. Is there a Costco link to that you can share? I'd love to get away from the crow feet stands that comes with the TCL. And I'm assuming that'd work fine for a 55" as well.

Hmmm? Forgot to look at the 4k Red Dead video since I got the TV. Off to view it...... 8)

**edit** Wow!! Yeah that Red Dead 4k video looks outstanding! That'll be a rare day 1 purchase for this Ol' timer!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 04:13:27 PM by lastchancehombre »
TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2018, 05:31:02 PM »

-MERACE

Outstanding man! I really like that swivel stand. Is there a Costco link to that you can share? I'd love to get away from the crow feet stands that comes with the TCL. And I'm assuming that'd work fine for a 55" as well.

Many items sold in the Costco warehouses (stores) do not show up in their online website and the TV stand is one of them.

You can call a nearby Costco store to see if they carry the TV stand.  They will ask if you have the item number.  Here's the item#: 2000850

Thanks to you and John for your setting suggestions that I will be experimenting with this weekend.  :)

-MERACE

lastchancehombre

« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2018, 05:38:26 PM »

-MERACE

Many items sold in the Costco warehouses (stores) do not show up in their online website and the TV stand is one of them.

You can call a nearby Costco store to see if they carry the TV stand.  They will ask if you have the item number.  Here's the item#: 2000850

Thanks to you and John for your setting suggestions that I will be experimenting with this weekend.  :)

-MERACE

Your more than welcome. Hope the settings help with short cutting the monkeying around. May not have to do too much but I did find as I mentioned in a previous post that I preferred a slightly different setting from game to tv.

And thank you for the item#, appreciated it!
TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

FRSTDWN

« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2018, 05:43:06 PM »

Yeah, I knew you were mounting yours, I don't have that option, no dry wall just framing & paneling in this place.

Just nail it to the wall!

On your comment any Red Dead I might be getting that as well. Looks amazing. I need to know more about the Multiplayer first. Can I ride around with Laschance and rob some trains then go to the saloon and get liquored up?
XB1 X
Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

lastchancehombre

« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2018, 10:37:55 PM »

Just nail it to the wall!

On your comment any Red Dead I might be getting that as well. Looks amazing. I need to know more about the Multiplayer first. Can I ride around with Laschance and rob some trains then go to the saloon and get liquored up?

Lol! Uh Yup!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 12:00:47 AM by lastchancehombre »
TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

FRSTDWN

« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2018, 11:37:07 PM »
You name is perfect for that game.
XB1 X
Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

lastchancehombre

« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2018, 12:02:23 AM »
Si SeƱor! ::)
TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

leslie.sangster

« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2018, 07:53:01 AM »
You name is perfect for that game.
He even drinks in the last chance saloon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRSTDWN

« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2018, 02:28:32 PM »
So I have noticed some banding on the C7. I honesty do not know if it was there when I first got the TV and I did not notice it or it just appeared. When the screen goes black between shots turn base or holes I notice some very slight vertical lines on the right side of the TV. It also shows up on the gray settings menus on the Xbox. Beyond that I do not see it at all. So I started looking into it and it is apparently common with OLED TVs. I never read anything about it in any of the reviews so it surprised me a little.  Some people have it worse than others and it seams like it is a panel lottery. You can get one that has very little banding like mine or some that are very defined. I guess OLED have an issue with perfect light grays or light blacks. According to some after 100 hours or so they can go away. It really does not bother me because I cannot see it when I playing a game or watching a movie/TV.  Especially after I read so many people have the same issue. If it gets worse I will go and talk to the local store I bought it from.

Anyways I thought I would disclose that info for anyone thinking of buying a C7 of C8. Ohh and the 65 inch seam to have more of an issue than the 55 inch.

The TCL is running well. I have not seen any issues. Go figure!!!
XB1 X
Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2018, 04:08:36 PM »
So I have noticed some banding on the C7. I honesty do not know if it was there when I first got the TV and I did not notice it or it just appeared. When the screen goes black between shots turn base or holes I notice some very slight vertical lines on the right side of the TV. It also shows up on the gray settings menus on the Xbox. Beyond that I do not see it at all. So I started looking into it and it is apparently common with OLED TVs.

Knowing OLED was going to be out of my price range, I never read enough about them to know banding was an issue with them.  I'll be interested in hearing how this works out for you.  Hopefully there is some sort of 'burn-in' period that will eventually take it out.

The TCL is running well. I have not seen any issues. Go figure!!!

Yeah, we've had a good run here in this forum with TCLs.  I know mine still looks just as good as it did the first time I powered it up.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash