Welcome to The CGC - Casuals Golf Club | 2019 Journal

• 1604 Replies

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1470 on: February 12, 2020, 12:39:58 PM »
NOW | DAY 1 FINALE | CGE & UCG Roy Rogers Gold Cup @ Roy Rogers Happy Trails | 10K/100

NEXT | DAY 1 LAUNCH | Thurs 13 Feb | VALENTINE FUN DAY | 1D 36H | CGE & UCG St Valentine Classic @ Casuals Lovers Leap | 10K/100.

Stunning venue to celebrate Valentine. Short Par3 hence 1D 36H. Fine work from Daryl - we're sure you'll enjoy!

Matt43

« Reply #1471 on: February 15, 2020, 05:31:11 AM »
Played my first round in casuals for about 6 month. Shooting -10. So there are 3 rounds now? When does it close?

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1472 on: February 15, 2020, 07:15:06 AM »
Played my first round in casuals for about 6 month. Shooting -10. So there are 3 rounds now? When does it close?

Welcome back. Our Schedule has never changed Matt. The only thing that has changed, is my input. Which has been 'curtailed' recently (due to life etc..)

Anyway here's that weekly brief - which won't be changing!

Mon-Tues 2D 36H.

Weds-Thurs 2D 36H.

BIG WEEKENDER - Fri-Sun - 3D 54H. 

Antiparosjez

« Reply #1473 on: February 15, 2020, 07:51:02 AM »

Great round on Man of Kent Matt! Hope all enjoying the place and honoured to be hosting for the mighty Casuals. Secret of this course is to get through hole 2 in par and then the rest of the course is pretty straightforward hopefully.
Domino Sands Man of Kent Power Station Grendel Woods The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden

Matt43

« Reply #1474 on: February 15, 2020, 08:24:04 AM »

Great round on Man of Kent Matt! Hope all enjoying the place and honoured to be hosting for the mighty Casuals. Secret of this course is to get through hole 2 in par and then the rest of the course is pretty straightforward hopefully.
Thought that man of Kent was yours. Awesome looking course. I’ll do 3rd in the morning.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 04:36:51 AM by Matt43 »

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1475 on: February 18, 2020, 11:10:11 AM »
NOW LIVE | DAY 2 FINALE | CGE & UCG RBC Canadian Open @ Eastpointe | 10K/100

CASUALS NEXT | Wed 19-20 Feb | 2D 36H | CHAMPIONSHIP Qs | CGC SUPER 6 World Series of Golf Qs @ Desert Wells | MAX-OUT 10K/100

LATER | CGC REDUCED FUTURE FORUM UPDATES.. BOTH HERE & TGCT

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1476 on: February 18, 2020, 02:31:29 PM »
CGC REDUCED FUTURE FORUM UPDATES

Rather like our future forum updates, we'll keep this brief and searingly simple. The CGC brand is very prominently in place, and technically is now growing organically. With event numbers as high as they've EVER been@550+ fields for our 3 day Week-Enders. And circa 450 for our 48 hour events. It's all good.

So expect continued minimal CGC forum input both here and @TGCT. Which I can assure, after a LOT of hard work, is a nice reward for us! And it's also cool to sit back and enjoy the Casuals ride/golf/venues/events. While also lightly assessing, pondering and considering CGCs future plans?! For the record - I think this is the future model!

AS ALWAYS - MASSIVE THANK YOU TO ALL OUR MEMBERS FOR YOUR MAGNIFICENT ONGOING SUPPORT!

Matt43

« Reply #1477 on: February 20, 2020, 06:31:56 AM »
who Designed desert wells?

Icyken

« Reply #1478 on: February 20, 2020, 08:09:39 AM »
    Enef56
COURSES.....
 Rosemount. ( members )
 Rosemount. Scotland
 Mac'Dunes , 2020
 Ayrshire Gailes.
 Ayrshire Gailes.  Tour
 Mink Hollow Golf club
 Hermit of Mink Hollow
 Machrihan Dunes, 2019
 Celtic Isles...CGC.
 Helensburgh Golf club
 The Fruin
 Prestwick, Golf club
 Craigendoran Links

Matt43

« Reply #1479 on: February 20, 2020, 09:14:08 AM »
    Enef56
Fantastic course. I do love desert and steppe themes.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1480 on: February 22, 2020, 12:49:50 PM »
COOL & IMPORTANT UPDATE

NEW SHORTER, TAUTER CGC TEN WEEK SEASONS

Quick logistic update here chaps. CGC Seasons now reduced to TEN weeks from TWELVE - to include current season. Season Finale will now be Super 10s Week 10 - not Super 12s Week 12.

Date for current Season Super 10 Finale Week | Mon 16-Sun 22 Mar.

Our New 10W Season 14 will commence on Weds 25 March. And we launch with our traditional "CGE/UCG Divisional Qs" Weds 25-Thurs 26. With our first officially ranked duo CGE/UCG events - Fri 27-Sun 29 BWE.

THE NEW 10 WEEK SEASON | SIGNIFICANT DIARY DATES

WEEK 2 | CHAMPIONSHIP 1 | CGE & UCG SONY World Golf Championships

WEEK 4 | MAJOR 1 | CGE & UCG THE OPEN Championships

WEEK 6 | CHAMPIONSHIP 2 | CGE & UCG SUPER 6 World Series of Golf

WEEK 8 | MAJOR 2 | CGE & UCG US OPEN Championships

WEEK 10 | SEASON FINALE | CGC FINALS | CGE & UCG SUPER 10 Champion of Champions Trophy

WHY?

Just 'tightening' and refreshing things fellas - with a leaner, impactful, more taut setup. Essentially we'll have more 'Box-Office' MAX-OUT Events in a shorter time-frame. ALL good! 8)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:18:23 PM by Chelsea Saint »

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1481 on: February 25, 2020, 09:45:29 AM »
DD - Got the Dbase link from a previous message of yours. TY again (+ Daryl) for your most valued ongoing updates!

ddixjr509

« Reply #1482 on: February 25, 2020, 12:41:53 PM »
DD - Got the Dbase link from a previous message of yours. TY again (+ Daryl) for your most valued ongoing updates!

Good Deal...
Since you've shortened the Season from 12 to 10 weeks, is there any interest in maybe having a week or two in between Seasons to feature some other courses that didn't make it into the Schedule. It would be a chance to get some CGC newer designers a chance to get some plays on courses that may have been too quirky or challenging or raw to make the Tournament Schedule.  Daryl and I keep a list of courses that would be fun in a non tournament setting. Just a thought.
My Courses-
Starlight Lake Golf Club (Korn Ferry Tour)
Bar Harbor Maine G&CC (CC Tour and PGA Tour)
Ave of the Giants Black (PGA Tour)
The Olmsted-South Course (Web.com Tour)
Attaturk GC at Cappadocia  (CC Tour)
TPC at Quinns Vineyard

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1483 on: February 25, 2020, 02:31:52 PM »
Is there any interest in maybe having a week or two in between Seasons to feature some other courses that didn't make it into the Schedule. It would be a chance to get some CGC newer designers a chance to get some plays on courses that may have been too quirky or challenging or raw to make the Tournament Schedule.  Daryl and I keep a list of courses that would be fun in a non tournament setting. Just a thought.

TOP OF MY HEAD... THE TRIPLE D* GOLF SPECIAL? | *DD&D

Suggestions are most certainly welcome, though I have deeply overbearing fixation with the term 'if it ain't broke - don't fix it!' :) I do feel the guys really like to get back into the swing of traditional CGE/UCG points ranked tournament action, asap after season finale/end. So the week/fortnight break concept doesn't appeal. What I do like however, is you guys providing a 'fresh' venue selection slant - with as you mention, YOUR hot picks! Our popular Mon/Tues current 'Challenger Series' could be rebranded as above or similar? With the Triple Ds still being two divisional, with ranking points to fight for!

TRIPLE D GS. I'm likin' it. Provides additional diversity and variety for members - and provides yourself and Daryl with a worthy, weekly showcase for your personal venue favourites. We could trial it new season 14 late March, see how we/numbers go?

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1484 on: February 26, 2020, 06:12:45 PM »
NEW SNEAK PEEK EVO @ CASUALS TV

Casuals S.P.E. Discover 3 Beauties - In 2 Minutes!

Our second tribute here to a prolific, premier level designer - and three more very worthy, classy venues for your bulging course library. I only relatively recently realised most of Friendbombers creations are T-Ready! So expect The Casuals to be visiting many more 'FBs' in due course.

PS | To clarify.. My comment on course 3 approach was very much tongue in cheek. I was fortunate.. Just so you know!

NEW Sneak Peek Evo Special 362-364 | Friendbomber II | 2m 08s

CASUALS TV | Great Courses - In an Instant!

space-cash