Welcome to The CGC - Casuals Golf Club | 2019 Journal

• 1609 Replies

ddixjr509

« Reply #1485 on: February 27, 2020, 10:30:05 AM »
Is there any interest in maybe having a week or two in between Seasons to feature some other courses that didn't make it into the Schedule. It would be a chance to get some CGC newer designers a chance to get some plays on courses that may have been too quirky or challenging or raw to make the Tournament Schedule.  Daryl and I keep a list of courses that would be fun in a non tournament setting. Just a thought.

TOP OF MY HEAD... THE TRIPLE D* GOLF SPECIAL? | *DD&D

Suggestions are most certainly welcome, though I have deeply overbearing fixation with the term 'if it ain't broke - don't fix it!' :) I do feel the guys really like to get back into the swing of traditional CGE/UCG points ranked tournament action, asap after season finale/end. So the week/fortnight break concept doesn't appeal. What I do like however, is you guys providing a 'fresh' venue selection slant - with as you mention, YOUR hot picks! Our popular Mon/Tues current 'Challenger Series' could be rebranded as above or similar? With the Triple Ds still being two divisional, with ranking points to fight for!

TRIPLE D GS. I'm likin' it. Provides additional diversity and variety for members - and provides yourself and Daryl with a worthy, weekly showcase for your personal venue favourites. We could trial it new season 14 late March, see how we/numbers go?

TRIPLE D GS- I'll coordinate with Daryl on a plan for Season 14. This is not much different than previous Seasons when we were Scheduling the odd weeks. Our "Hot picks" were generally the Wed/Th courses.
We'll need to understand the Criteria (course necessities and deal breakers) for the M/Tu courses.
My Courses-
Starlight Lake Golf Club (Korn Ferry Tour)
Bar Harbor Maine G&CC (CC Tour and PGA Tour)
Ave of the Giants Black (PGA Tour)
The Olmsted-South Course (Web.com Tour)
Attaturk GC at Cappadocia  (CC Tour)
TPC at Quinns Vineyard

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1486 on: February 27, 2020, 12:48:23 PM »
This is not much different than previous Seasons when we were Scheduling the odd weeks. Our "Hot picks" were generally the Wed/Th courses.

Like I say above, I don't wanna rock the very popular boat. Circa 450 players Mon/Tu. 450 Wed/Th. Up to 550 BWE. Useful to put it mildly. PLUS we've a very upbeat, positive current vibe in the clubhouse. The guys are clearly enjoying and comfortable with our setups/schedule. I can't compromise on that.

We'll need to understand the Criteria (course necessities and deal breakers) for the M/Tu courses.

But like I mention I would like you and Daryl to be hands on more. Your course/game knowledge and design expertise is highly valued, and should be utilised. So criteria? Well, it's your two days! Fun Days. Par 3 Events. Traditional 2D 36H tournaments. 2X 1D 18H traditional. Happy to have some crowd free classics - as there are many, many stunners out there the members would love. NO-NO's as always are overt difficulty. Core to CGC is 'relative ease' of venue and conditions - that must be in place. Another NO is 'Putt Putt MG' - had many complaints last time. Plus some truly dire completion stats. I'd also request that "3DGS" events are CGE/UCG Divisional.

There we go, that's it. Hope this works for you!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1487 on: February 27, 2020, 02:49:10 PM »
CASUALS NOW | Final 24 MIZUNO World Pro-Am golf from charming Foxtail CC. Join us for an exciting, decisive final day 2 - right now. LIVE!

CASUALS NEXT | Show Time Big Week-Ender action inbound tomo. As we visit CGC affiliated creator DDawg's magnificent Humboldt. Join us Fri for 3 monsta days of HONDA US National golf - LIVE!

ddixjr509

« Reply #1488 on: February 27, 2020, 04:39:46 PM »
This is not much different than previous Seasons when we were Scheduling the odd weeks. Our "Hot picks" were generally the Wed/Th courses.

Like I say above, I don't wanna rock the very popular boat. Circa 450 players Mon/Tu. 450 Wed/Th. Up to 550 BWE. Useful to put it mildly. PLUS we've a very upbeat, positive current vibe in the clubhouse. The guys are clearly enjoying and comfortable with our setups/schedule. I can't compromise on that.

But like I mention I would like you and Daryl to be hands on more. Your course/game knowledge and design expertise is highly valued, and should be utilised. So criteria? Well, it's your two days! Fun Days. Par 3 Events. Traditional 2D 36H tournaments. 2X 1D 18H traditional. Happy to have some crowd free classics - as there are many, many stunners out there the members would love. NO-NO's as always are overt difficulty. Core to CGC is 'relative ease' of venue and conditions - that must be in place. Another NO is 'Putt Putt MG' - had many complaints last time. Plus some truly dire completion stats. I'd also request that "3DGS" events are CGE/UCG Divisional.

There we go, that's it. Hope this works for you!

perfect
My Courses-
Starlight Lake Golf Club (Korn Ferry Tour)
Bar Harbor Maine G&CC (CC Tour and PGA Tour)
Ave of the Giants Black (PGA Tour)
The Olmsted-South Course (Web.com Tour)
Attaturk GC at Cappadocia  (CC Tour)
TPC at Quinns Vineyard

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1489 on: February 28, 2020, 03:15:09 PM »
FAO "DD&D" | Season 14 - Dates for your Diary

Our New 10 Week Season 14 will commence on Tues 24 March. And we launch with a short, sharp 'get back in the swing' 1D event hosted by you guys. Then we host our traditional "CGE/UCG Divisional Qs" Weds 25-Thurs 26. With our first officially ranked duo CGE/UCG events - Fri 27-Sun 29 BWE. DD & D your first full blown two day event will take place in Week 2 on Mon 30 - Tues 31 March. Look forward to you guys early picks in a few weeks.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1490 on: February 29, 2020, 02:19:26 PM »
CASUALS NOW | Regal, respected, resplendent Humboldt Acres our worthy weekend host. As the HONDA US National storms into night two. Join hundreds for a Saturday Night golfing thriller. LIVE!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1491 on: March 01, 2020, 01:49:42 PM »
CASUALS NOW | Conclusive and dramatic HONDA National Day 3 action. Almost 500 avid golfers aboard in this one, and we've still 14 hours left! Enjoy your mammoth Sunday Night of Golf - LIVE!

CASUALS NEXT | Monsta US OPEN Major week inbound. And we kick off in fine style tomo with the BMW Players Classic. Join us @ fabulous Winter Harbor - Mon@8. LIVE!

GForce41

« Reply #1492 on: March 02, 2020, 07:04:55 AM »
CASUALS NOW | Conclusive and dramatic HONDA National Day 3 action. Almost 500 avid golfers aboard in this one, and we've still 14 hours left! Enjoy your mammoth Sunday Night of Golf - LIVE!

CASUALS NEXT | Monsta US OPEN Major week inbound. And we kick off in fine style tomo with the BMW Players Classic. Join us @ fabulous Winter Harbor - Mon@8. LIVE!

As Rachel Dratch said to Big Papi, "There's a wicked rippah  by the Hahbah!!"  :)  Have fun all!
GForce41

My Courses:
Winter Harbor Golf Links
John Adams Municipal GC
The Rawhide at Santa Ynez
Southfield Pond Golf Links 2019
Nohansett CC 2019 Edition
Hessian Hill GC 2019
Carrabasset Valley Golf Club
Penobscot Bay Golf Links

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1493 on: March 02, 2020, 12:03:02 PM »
^^ Yep, nice work. You've come a long way - super venue. But it's nowhere near as good as that CGC badge of yours! Lol. I'm not a Trekkie or Star Wars fan, but that badge is the absolute business! 8)

NEXT UP | PROMISING CGE TOP 150 RANKED TRIAL WEEK UPDATE

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1494 on: March 02, 2020, 01:15:18 PM »
CGE TOP 150 RANKED TRIAL WEEK | ONLY 9 HOURS IN BUT LOOKING GOOD

With the mammoth 2 and 3 day fields we've been getting, we thought we'd look for increased parity between Casuals Golf Elite (League 1) and Ultra Casuals Golf (League 2). So this week we're trial running our CGE League at top 150 points ranked from previous top 100. And while it's very early days I'm pleased to report that divisional event numbers are more balanced - plus UCG isn't CURRENTLY topped by the -18 brigade. Who we're hoping have been 'sucked' in to the new, bigger, BETTER CGE. And the final positive is we've already over 100 aboard just 9 hours in to Day 1! So all very good so far, we'll continue to closely monitor and keep you posted.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1495 on: March 03, 2020, 08:01:28 AM »
CGE TOP 150 RANKED TRIAL WEEK | STILL LOOKING GOOD

Into Day 2 of our trial "BIGGER-BETTER" Top 150 CGE League 1. And yep, day 1 event entries holding up against previous setup very well. It also seems many of the 'drifters' (in and out players) who dominated UCG top 10, have indeed moved up to CGE. And with that fact in mind, it's great to see Ultra's veteran Deacon currently leading our UCG event! So the new Top 150 ranked CGE and reduced UCG is looking very good. No definitive decision yet, we'll continue to monitor - but this new setup looks likely to becoming a permanent fixture.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1496 on: March 03, 2020, 02:29:58 PM »
CGC NOW | Enthralling final night action as our BMW Players Classic gathers pace. Challenge hundreds of avid, global golfers at lovely Winter Harbor - right now. LIVE!

CGC NEXT | Our monsta Major week is tangibly close. As we prepare for our kudos coated US OPEN Qs Weds. Join us at legendary Harbour Town Heritage for the big one. LIVE!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1497 on: March 04, 2020, 05:27:31 AM »
CGE TOP 150 RANKED TRIAL WEEK | FIRST EVENT SUPER NUMBERS!

Delighted with the positive progress of this one, after a pleasing 438 2 day field in our first trial event. One VERY minor negative was that we had just 91 of 150 (60%) CGE taking part. But I'm sure more of that missing 40% will fully embrace the new setup in due course. Anyway we'll continue to assess throughout the week, with a decision at the weekend. But current favourite? CGE LEAGUE 1 = TOP 150 RANKED!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1498 on: March 04, 2020, 04:06:06 PM »
CGC SMASH TWO DAY 1 FIELD RECORDS!

Admin inform me we hit 100 entries just 8 hours after event launch earlier today. Fastest we've EVER achieved it. PLUS we've just smashed our "halfway-house" 12 hours in field with an amazing 175 entrants - just half way through Day 1! BANANAS!! Huge thanks for your magnificent and loyal ongoing support for CGC.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1499 on: March 05, 2020, 02:38:07 PM »
CGC NOW | Captivating final day 2 of Major Qualifying as 400+ battle for those kudos coated US OPEN FINALS places. So come get some BIG Q action with the CGC - right now. LIVE!

CGC NEXT | Just hours now to massive Major golfing action, as we hit brand new beauty Faria's Pass - for the one. The only. THE US OPEN. Join us for a whopper of a weekend Fri@8 - LIVE!

space-cash