Welcome to The CGC - Casuals Golf Club

• 637 Replies

LinksLover

« Reply #615 on: November 08, 2018, 03:44:37 AM »
I only have three holes to go so I should be OK with crowds then. In this case, stands use a lot more plant meter than crowds do.

Thanks for your efforts. We'll be going in Season 8, which gets underway Tues 20 Nov..

I've released Northwood Golf Club CGS tweaked specifically for the Casuals society this morning. I have added a small number of stands after I deleted a couple of buggies and cars to free up a bit of plant meter.
After publishing I played through the first nine holes on my PS4 and 200Mb broadband and experienced no lag issues at all.
MY DESIGNS
Northwood Golf Club TGC (2019)
Clayton Wood Golf Club (2)
Angus Bay International G. C. (2)
Quirk Park (2)

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #616 on: November 08, 2018, 07:09:09 AM »
^^ Sweet!

NOW | Valiance Tour | CGE Sony Players Shootout + UCG Sony Players Shootout @ Lakes of Forest Hill | 95% Purses

Final day championship golf now as our Sony Players Shootout's get critical. Hope you enjoy - good luck. Events close Friday 8am UKT.

NEXT | BWE | Fri 9-12 Nov | 3D 54H | CGE Honda World Golf Championships@7086 + UCG Honda World Golf Championships@7086 | Orchard Lake | Bigcat | 100% Purses

Our showtime event of the week kicks into smouldering gear Friday as our Honda World Golf Championships tees off. As always a premier level course awaits - as we visit the lovely, tournament ready Orchard Lake. So do join us Friday 8AM UKT - for the Honda World Golf Championships. LIVE!

NOTE - Pins 2, 3 and 4 to be used.

ddixjr509

« Reply #617 on: November 08, 2018, 11:10:30 AM »
Well R1 of comp went well -9. Not much wind helped. R2 won’t be quite so easy if it’s windy.

I finished -10,-10 for -20 total.
I was on fire! -11 through 13, then the fiance came home, wanted attentions and effed up my mojo.

Good test of golf here Matt! one thing that i really love about this course is that you HAVE to be able to work the ball around left and right... straight shots wont get it done.
My Courses-
The Olmsted-South Course
Attaturk GC at Cappadocia
TPC at Quinns Vineyard

Matt43

« Reply #618 on: November 08, 2018, 11:25:47 AM »
Well R1 of comp went well -9. Not much wind helped. R2 won’t be quite so easy if it’s windy.

I was on fire! -11 through 13, then the fiance came home, wanted attentions and effed up my mojo.

Good test of golf here Matt! one thing that i really love about this course is that you HAVE to be able to work the ball around left and right... straight shots wont get it done.
I think people could either like or hate it because of the narrow fairways. 2 good rounds there though. Crazycanuck is reviewing the rookie courses on his twitch channel. Be interesting to hear what he says. I know he’ll definitely pick up on the fairways for sure.

ddixjr509

« Reply #619 on: November 08, 2018, 02:13:39 PM »

I think people could either like or hate it because of the narrow fairways. 2 good rounds there though. Crazycanuck is reviewing the rookie courses on his twitch channel. Be interesting to hear what he says. I know he’ll definitely pick up on the fairways for sure.

Bring your thick skin and big boy pants...
just remember all their comments are meant to make you better as a Designer for your next course.

Crazycanuck just released Salish Ridge- go play it and see what his baseline is... I expect two main comments from him:
1. less symetric (straight line) fairways. More curvy/ natural looking edges
2. layers to create that 3d effect. (I've been preaching this one, but you'll see it prevalent in Salish).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 02:21:50 PM by ddixjr509 »
My Courses-
The Olmsted-South Course
TPC at Quinns Vineyard

Matt43

« Reply #620 on: November 08, 2018, 03:09:40 PM »

Bring your thick skin and big boy pants...
just remember all their comments are meant to make you better as a Designer for your next course.

Crazycanuck just released Salish Ridge- go play it and see what his baseline is... I expect two main comments from him:
1. less symetric (straight line) fairways. More curvy/ natural looking edges
2. layers to create that 3d effect. (I've been preaching this one, but you'll see it prevalent in Salish).
Played Salish. That was the best course out on 2019 for me until silverback was released.

Matt43

« Reply #621 on: November 09, 2018, 05:46:19 AM »
Some good rounds from people on my course. Thankfully the wind wasn't quite so bad. Thanks to all who played and Chelsea for choosing it.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #622 on: November 09, 2018, 06:04:28 AM »
CGE Sony Players Shootout + UCG Sony Players Shootout @ Lakes of Forest Hill | 95% Purses

EVENTS REPORT

Sweetly executed golf from Chelseagirl and Easydrive claimed a share of our Sony Players title - 28 below par the winning number. While a stylish sub 26 from Bayarea secured third. Our Ultra's Shootout saw Emme blast a quality -11 to claim glory. While a steady 5 below from Goals takes two. Super events, and as always - whatever you scored, wherever you finished - thanks for taking part.

NOW LIVE | BWE | Fri 9-12 Nov | 3D 54H | CGE Honda World Golf Championships@7086 + UCG Honda World Golf Championships@7086 | Orchard Lake | Bigcat | 100% Purses

Another fabulous big weekend of championship action now, as we host the Honda World Golf Championships. The TGC Network cams are rolling, excited crowds are assembled - let the BWE battles commence.

NOTE - Pins 2, 3 and 4 to be used.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #623 on: November 09, 2018, 01:51:58 PM »
THE NEW LOOK SUPER 12s SERIES | FROM MON 12 NOV

THE RACE TO SAWGRASS - THE FORMAT

We're just over a fortnight away from our season ending and defining Super 12s Champion of Champions Series. This fabulous and unique format worked wonderfully well a few weeks ago in our Super 6 World Series week - and that FedEx Cup modelled elimination process remains the same for The Super 12s. Qualifying Event 1 Mon-Weds is open to all members, and no worries if you don't qualify for Q2 Wednesday - because 76 and below placed in E1, qualify for our Super 12 Players Vase (Event 2A). Similarly if you don't qualify for the Champions Trophy Final at the weekend - you'll still be part of our big S12 WGS championship (Event 3A). So whatever your skill level - we've high stakes, competitive, meaningful tournament golf all week long. Launching Mon Nov 12 - The CGC Champion of Champions Super 12s Series. The countdown - has begun!

100% Purses for all Events & BIG BPFs IF they're working by then!

THE RACE TO SAWGRASS - THE SCHEDULE

E1 | Mon 12-14 Nov | 2D 36H | Super 12 Champion of Champions Trophy (Qualifying Event 1) | Helensburgh Tour@6966 | Open to ALL MEMBERS

E2 | Weds 14-16 Nov | 2D 36H | Super 12 Champion of Champions Trophy (Qualifying Event 2) | Stour Manor Tour@7285 | Open to top 75 in Qualifying Event 1

E2A | Weds 14-16 Nov | 2D 36H | Super 12 Players Vase | Stour Manor@7156 | Open to members finishing 76 and below in Qualifying Event 1

E3 | Fri 16-19 Nov | 3D 54H | Super 12 Champion of Champions Trophy Final | TPC Sawgrass@7291 | Open to top 50 in Qualifying Event 2

E3A | Fri 16-19 Nov | 3D 54H | Super 12 World Golf Shield | TPC Sawgrass@7291 | Open to ALL members who didn't qualify for Champion of Champions Trophy FINAL

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

SUPER 12 ELIMINATION FORMAT TOO RISKY!

The bad news! Due to the ongoing very frustrating issues within society admin - 'Entry Level Requirements' in particular. I'm not prepared to risk the exciting planned schedule above. Because if Elimination ELR is still broken next week - the itinerary could easily become a complete farce! Disappointing, but hey - here's the good news! We'll still be hosting our season defining Super 12s - HURRAH! But we'll stick with our regular slightly 'safer' weekly format highlighted below. And wow, three truly premier level venues to savour in this our definitive week of the season. Hope you can be part of it.

THE RACE TO SAWGRASS - THE SCHEDULE

Mon 12-14 Nov | 2D 36H | CGE S-12 Heritage Cup@6966 + UCG S-12 Heritage Plate@6966 | Helensburgh Tour | Icyken | 100% Purses

Weds 14-16 Nov | 2D 36H | CGE S-12 Players Classic@7285 + UCG S-12 Players Vase@7156 | Stour Manor Tour | Jezholme | 100% Purses

Fri-Mon 16-19 Nov | 3D 54H | CGE S-12 Champion of Champions Trophy FINAL@7284 + UCG S-12 World Golf Shield@6860 | TPC Sawgrass | HBS | 100% Purses

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #624 on: November 10, 2018, 02:51:38 PM »
CASUALS SNEAK PEEK SPECIAL | 'COUNTRIFIED DELIGHTS'

The first of a couple of 'Sneak Peek Special' double bills now. And in true CSP spirit - the first showcases the talents of two 'relatively' unknown designers. Hope you enjoy 'Countrified Delights' from Adare Lakes and Barum Lakes. Look out for another CSP Special Sunday featuring a Rookie and a Vet, appropriately titled - 'Coastal Crackers!'

Casuals Sneak Peek 45/46 @ Adare Lakes & Barum Lakes | MR CRX8PZ & Rob4590

NOW | BWE SATURDAY NIGHT GOLF | CGE Honda World Golf Championships + UCG Honda World Golf Championships @ Orchard Lake | 100% Purses

We've Honda World Golf Championship Saturday night golf right now. So zip on over and get in the bustling, big prize BWE mix - all night long!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #625 on: November 10, 2018, 05:18:59 PM »
CASUALS YOUTUBE RETROSPECTIVE

Right now the CGC YouTube channel is all about Sneak Peek's. But we produced another 'relatively' successful 11 episode series back in those formative TGC1 days. So here's a fun, retrospective look at some of TGC1's Greatest Courses and Designers. As voted for by TGC members - so don't blame me! ;) The likes of Arctic, Reebdoog, Rjwils, Scarpacci, Crazycanuck, Clv, Jez, Enef and many more feature in our TGC's Greatest Courses Top 5 countdown series. And that gorgeous, ironic, chilled incidental tune is for me, just right. Cool looking back at some awesome courses on TGC1 - enjoy.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #626 on: November 11, 2018, 05:43:18 AM »
NOW | BWE SUPER SUNDAY | CGE Honda World Golf Championships + UCG Honda World Golf Championships @ Orchard Lake | 100% Purses

Climactic final day of championship golf now as our Honda WGC's get pivotal. So do join us for some big prize, big fun BWE Super Sunday golf. Events close Monday 8am UKT.

NEXT | Super 12s Series | Mon 12-14 Nov | 2D 36H | CGE S-12 Heritage Cup@6966 + UCG S-12 Heritage Plate@6966 | Helensburgh Tour | Icyken | 100% Purses

It's almost time! Time for our season ending, defining, kudos coated Super 12 Series - which will decide our CGE and UCG champion players for Season 7! Three magnificent venues. Six massive events - The CGC S-12s go LIVE Monday 8am UKT... Who. Will. Prevail?

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #627 on: November 11, 2018, 02:57:00 PM »
CASUALS SNEAK PEEK SPECIAL | 'COASTAL CRACKERS'

Second CSP double bill now, imaginatively titled Coastal Crackers! Firstly Bernard (Beef's) hugely impressive 'rookie' creation Platinum Point. Followed by renowned designer Staypuft's spectacular Gauntlet Coast Tour. Think DD will like this one..

Casuals Sneak Peek 47/48 @ Platinum Point & Gauntlet Coast Tour | Bernard & Staypuft

Unmonetised Ad Free Channel. A Like, Sub and Share would be cool - as we continue to promote TGC, CGC and our fine designers. Plus provide a quick reference resource of great courses for TGC fans.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #628 on: November 11, 2018, 03:22:15 PM »
LATEST TOP 5 PS4 INDIE SOCIETIES | Sun 11 Nov

After a quiet week we've had a relatively big surge in membership last few days - which takes us beyond 1,300 members. Plus our TGC2 Society has just surpassed 2,000 - with 100 new in the last 3 weeks! MANY thanks for all your support! And speaking of numbers, here's the latest Top 5 Indie PS4 Societies..

1. Casuals Golf Club - 1,308 Members +138

2. Apexhounds - 1,195 +87

3. Taylor Made World Tour - 668 +116

4. Quickhitters - 477 -45 

5.  Shenanigans - 317 +34

ddixjr509

« Reply #629 on: November 11, 2018, 08:38:09 PM »
CASUALS SNEAK PEEK SPECIAL | 'COASTAL CRACKERS'

Second CSP double bill now, imaginatively titled Coastal Crackers! Firstly Bernard (Beef's) hugely impressive 'rookie' creation Platinum Point. Followed by renowned designer Staypuft's spectacular Gauntlet Coast Tour. Think DD will like this one..

Excellent! Looking forward to playing these in Tournament conditions.
My Courses-
The Olmsted-South Course
TPC at Quinns Vineyard

space-cash