Welcome to The CGC - Casuals Golf Club 2019

• 1199 Replies

ddixjr509

« Reply #870 on: February 11, 2019, 01:39:35 PM »
My new course Crystal Pines Golf & C.C has been published. It’s a Swiss theme which is a theme I always wanted to try. I wanted the course to more realistic so it doesn’t have any of those crazy nose bleeding elevations. Hopefully everyone enjoys their round. This is one of my favourite holes.

Looking forward to giving this a go tonight.
You sure are turning courses out quick.
My Courses-
Ave of the Giants Black
The Olmsted-South Course
Attaturk GC at Cappadocia
TPC at Quinns Vineyard

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #871 on: February 11, 2019, 01:41:04 PM »
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:53:30 PM by Chelsea Saint »

Matt43

« Reply #872 on: February 11, 2019, 01:54:15 PM »
My new course Crystal Pines Golf & C.C has been published. It’s a Swiss theme which is a theme I always wanted to try. I wanted the course to more realistic so it doesn’t have any of those crazy nose bleeding elevations. Hopefully everyone enjoys their round. This is one of my favourite holes.

Looking forward to giving this a go tonight.
You sure are turning courses out quick.
Not sure how long this took. I did have a week off from 2019. At the moment I prefer the designing side to actually playing rounds. I just think it’s amazing where you start in designner to the end product we end up with. I find it very relaxing too.

Matt43

« Reply #873 on: February 11, 2019, 01:56:09 PM »
BRAND NEW CSP EPISODE!

CSP-101 @ Crystal Pines | Matt | 2m 12s

Thanks for vid chelsea and see ace on 2. I actually got one on 7 but it was on pc and it wouldn’t favourite for some reason. Lol

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #874 on: February 11, 2019, 02:27:48 PM »
I wanna re-upload! I thought I'd put "HERE" in the circle. Looks so much better there - Aaaarrrgghh. :( Cue arty tantrum!! ;D Yeah you've come a long way in a short time. Well played!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #875 on: February 11, 2019, 04:38:16 PM »
SEASON 9 TANGIBLY CLOSE!

Always exciting the start of a brand new season. We have a level playing field again. Minds and rankings are reset - and season aspirations are at a fulsome high! As always we've three premier venues to savour in week 1 - as we embark on our fabulous 12 Week golfing journey once more. Another super season of Casuals Championship Golf is just hours away - and you're very welcome to get in the BIG new season mix! :)

WEEK 1 | THE SCHEDULE

Tues 12-14 Feb | Challenger Series | 2D 36H | CGE DIVISIONAL QUALIFYING @ Havasu Falls | Enef | OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS

Thurs 14 Feb | Valentines Fun Day | 1D 36H | CGE & UCG Valentines Victory Vase @ Lovers Leap CGC Par 3 | Daryl

Fri 15-18 Feb | BWE | 3D 54H | CGE & UCG BMW European Masters @ Massara | Mikemike | 100% PURSE & 10K BPF

Matt43

« Reply #877 on: February 12, 2019, 07:01:02 AM »

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #878 on: February 12, 2019, 01:44:51 PM »
^^ Noon, light cloud - back tees.

BRAND NEW CSP EPISODE!

CSP-102 @ Rockland Pines | Rockmandan | 2m 10s

Rockmandan's beautiful Rockland Pines the subject of our Sneak today. I dig it. Will you? Grab a quick peek and find out. :)

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #879 on: February 12, 2019, 11:48:35 PM »
Thanks for the Sneak Peek Chelsea....  Glad you enjoyed it.  I had a lot of fun making it.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #880 on: February 13, 2019, 12:13:34 PM »
^^ Y' welcome man. And speaking of said Peeks..

BRAND NEW CSP EPISODE!

CSP-103 @ Lover's Leap Casuals GC | Daryl | 1m 45s

Another bespoke CGC beauty here from Daryl. This time it's a fun and frisky Par 3 romp to celebrate Valentines Day. And we'll be there on the big day, for two fun filled rounds in our Valentines Victory Vase.

PLEASE NOTE - Course name changed since recording to Lover's Leap - Casuals GC 

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #881 on: February 13, 2019, 01:07:37 PM »
NOW FINAL DAY | CGE DIVISIONAL QUALIFYING | Havasu Falls

NEXT | VALENTINES FUN DAY | Thurs 14 Feb | 1D 36H | CGE + UCG Valentine Victory Vase  | Lover's Leap - Casuals GC | Daryl | 10K BPF & 100% Purses

A stunning Casuals bespoke, brand new venue welcomes the CGC Thursday - as our celebration VVV events get underway. Come on down and join the Par 3 fun - you'll err.. LOVE it!! ;)

LinksLover

« Reply #882 on: February 14, 2019, 03:50:36 AM »
Played only my third Casuals event last night and have to say I enjoyed it, and I should be able to play every Wednesday now thanks to a change in my wife's shift pattern.

Havasu Falls... a well thought out course with some very, very good holes and some great planting work in the main. Clearly the designer has gone to a lot of effort. :thup:

A couple of points of advice to you though...
There are two blind par 3s - 2nd and 5th - you need to see at least something whether it be pin, bunker in front of green or whatever to hit at.
There are a couple of yellow slopes in the 3x3 box surrounding the pin in round 1 - 1st and 7th.
The rough is very squiggly. I think you must have put the rough (splines) down then used the heavy rough brush. Putting the heavy rough over/under or right next to the rough causes the squiggly mess.
Some of the crowd seemed randomly placed too for example a group of spectators only 170 yards or so from the tee.
My biggest annoyance though was when I was faced with this putt in the second round

With a few tweaks, Havasu Falls would be a top class course.
PUBLISHED
Angus Bay International (2019)
Northwood Golf Club TGC (2019)
Clayton Wood Golf Club (2)
Angus Bay International G. C. (2)
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS
The Swiss Wall

ddixjr509

« Reply #883 on: February 14, 2019, 10:25:08 AM »
^ to be fair to Enef, this was an older course that he's ported over to TGC2019.  He's a very experienced designer that has turned out a lot more excellent courses since this one that didn't have any of the same issues you mentioned.

I think the equivalent of this re-release would be like me re-releasing my first course (Black Bear Pass)... and as much as I liked it at the time, I cringe when I play it now.  Some things are just better off left on the shelf in the closet.

My Courses-
Ave of the Giants Black
The Olmsted-South Course
Attaturk GC at Cappadocia
TPC at Quinns Vineyard

LinksLover

« Reply #884 on: February 14, 2019, 10:59:27 AM »
That's why I've never ported over my first course Clayton Wood. While in terms of layout I am very happy with it, I was a complete novice when it came to using the designer at the time and sculpting especially is very poor. If I did ever port it, I would have to do a lot of work to put it right.
PUBLISHED
Angus Bay International (2019)
Northwood Golf Club TGC (2019)
Clayton Wood Golf Club (2)
Angus Bay International G. C. (2)
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS
The Swiss Wall

space-cash