Welcome to The CGC - Casuals Golf Club 2019

• 1154 Replies

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1005 on: March 11, 2019, 01:05:48 PM »
^^ I'm proud to say this is what we do. Take punts/'risks' on emerging new talent. Concur Jez, light flaws and ran out of steam a little - last three or four were seemingly rushed, and 18 ain't great. But considering this is a FIRST design attempt - it's clear 'FoB' is a real natural talent. Like I said, bag a look at his second design 'Red Rocks'. Expect to see more of this guy in future CGC events.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1006 on: March 11, 2019, 01:59:02 PM »
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT | NEW COURSE SELECTION POLICY

From now on CGC are NOT taking requests from designers (members or not) to use their course in our events. Nothing personal, but we've over 100 high level venues on our to do list - including 5X Arctic  - 5X Reebdoog - and numerous others that we really need to start playing. Additionally courses will now be SOLELY judged on merit, regardless of CGC membership. I will add however our discovery and promotion of talented NEW designers, will forcibly continue.

On a personal level the dozens and dozens of msgs I receive have become overbearing and unmanageable. So I'm hoping this new policy will considerably reduce that burden too.

Hope you understand. Cheers.

Antiparosjez

« Reply #1007 on: March 11, 2019, 02:11:06 PM »

From now on CGC are NOT taking requests from designers (members or not) to use their course in our events. Nothing personal, but we've over 100 high level venues on our to do list - including 5X Arctic  - 5X Reebdoog - and numerous others that we really need to start playing. Additionally courses will now be SOLELY judged on merit, regardless of CGC membership. I will add however our discovery and promotion of talented NEW designers, will forcibly continue.

On a personal level the dozens and dozens of msgs I receive have become overbearing and unmanageable. So I'm hoping this new policy will considerably reduce that burden too.

Good call Chelsea. Keep up the good work.
Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden Forest, Brookland Marshes

LinksLover

« Reply #1008 on: March 12, 2019, 10:02:35 AM »
Will certainly play second round and haven't not done that in a comp since that Angus Bay course that wasn't for me at all. Well done and hope the designer has more to come.

What didn't you like about Angus Bay?
PUBLISHED
Angus Bay International (2019)
Northwood Golf Club TGC (2019)
Clayton Wood Golf Club (2)
Angus Bay International G. C. (2)
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS
The Swiss Wall

LinksLover

« Reply #1009 on: March 12, 2019, 10:03:09 AM »

If it's become unbearable, that's the right decision to make.
PUBLISHED
Angus Bay International (2019)
Northwood Golf Club TGC (2019)
Clayton Wood Golf Club (2)
Angus Bay International G. C. (2)
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS
The Swiss Wall

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1010 on: March 12, 2019, 01:24:22 PM »
NOW | CHALLENGER FINAL DAY | CGE + UCG AAP Allianz Alliance Pro Trophy @ Serenity Links

NEXT | VALIANCE TOUR | Weds 13-15 Mar | 2D 36H | CGE + UCG PING Players Shootout @ Crescent Serpent | Coruler | 10K BPF & 100% Purse

The stunning venues keep on coming, as we journey tomorrow to Coruler's majestic Crescent Serpent. Our double barrel PING Players Shootout's go LIVE 8am Wednesday - feel free to join the CGCs midweek golfing party.

SP-ELITE 4 @ Crescent Serpent | Coruler

ddixjr509

« Reply #1011 on: March 12, 2019, 04:09:34 PM »

We could create a Course Review Committee where we review all the course submission and requests for consideration for a future CGC Tour stop.  I'm pretty sure between me, Arrow, and Matt (and probably Enef and Jez) we play 95% of the newly submitted designs anyway.

I have no problem playing all the new courses and being the bad guy... and I'm a judge in the next TGC design contest- so I need some practice.
My Courses-
Ave of the Giants Black
The Olmsted-South Course
Attaturk GC at Cappadocia
TPC at Quinns Vineyard

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1012 on: March 13, 2019, 11:55:00 AM »
^^ Sweet. If you and any others have the time and inclination, cool - set it up the CRC. Raises CGC profile - and additional opinions/support would be welcome. Though like I say, with over 100 great courses and counting in the CGC dbase - we're very well stocked right now.

Matt43

« Reply #1013 on: March 14, 2019, 01:28:24 AM »
My course is being shown tonight here if anyone wants to watch. http://tgctours.proboards.com/post/415675/thread

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1014 on: March 14, 2019, 12:09:58 PM »
BRAND NEW SNEAK PEEK ELITE

Another premier level venue takes it's rightful place in the Casuals Elite Files. We like a lot! Will you? Take a peek..

SPE-14 @ ?

NOW | VALIANCE FINAL DAY | CGE + UCG PING Players Shootout @ Crescent Serpent | 10K BPF & 100% Purse

NEXT | BWE | Fri 15-18 Mar | 3D 54H | CGE & UCG TOYOTA European Open @ Tarwa | Mikemike | 20K BPF & 100% Purse

Join us Friday for the biggest event of the weekend - The MAX PRIZE - MAX FUN - Toyota European Open - LIVE from the stunning Tarwa GC!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1015 on: March 15, 2019, 04:29:41 PM »
GAMES SALE

Couple of great sale offers on Euro PSN. The GENIUS that is Alien Isolation + ALL DLC - 7.99. Mental price! And Space Hulk Ascension - very good turn based strategy, tonnes of content for just 5.79! Very highly recommended.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1016 on: March 16, 2019, 03:49:15 PM »
NOW | BWE SATURDAY NIGHT GOLF | CGE & UCG TOYOTA European Open @ Tarwa | 20K BPF & 100% Purse

Our addictive weekly fix of Casuals Saturday Night Golf is LIVE right now. And you're more than welcome to get in the fun fuelled Euro Open mix.

A TGCTours World Cup finalist here no less - so it's pedigree is in no doubt. Let's see what the fuss is about hey..

SPE-15 @ ?

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1017 on: March 17, 2019, 08:22:52 AM »
NEW & UPDATED 170319 | THE CASUALS GOLF CLUB ON PS4 | ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW

Just hit 3.1K members, maintaining a rate of 100+ new per week. Huge thanks - big welcome all! Appropriate then to wheel out our stock/updated 'all you need to know' brief - so our many new players know precisely how we operate.

Overview

With a history dating back to the original game in 2014 - the CGC has welcomed well over three thousand members to our TGC 2019 Society in just over 6 months! We host two skill based (HCP free/ALL Clubs welcome) tournament divisions - with multiple exciting promotions and demotions in every single event. CGE = Casuals Golf Elite - Top 100 Ranked. And UCG = Ultra Casuals Golf - 101 and below ranked. We endeavour to provide a leisurely, sporting and non time constrictive golfing agenda for both the skilled golfer; and the more casual player. All aids on/generally 'friendly' courses - circa 7000 yds tees. This while warmly embracing the lesser skilled and the ever increasing band of TGC novices.

We pride ourself on our event course selections - and visit some of the most beautiful venues in the game. We've also developed collaborative partnerships with many talented designers, who create custom courses for the CGC.

Season Schedule & Purses

One Season = 12 Weeks. Four Majors per season - Including our popular Super 6 World Series in Week 6. THE OPEN in W4 - US OPEN W8. Plus our season ending and defining Fed Ex Cup modelled Super 12s 'Champion of Champions' Series in Week 12. We pay at least 95% - VERY often 100% Purses. Bonus Prize Funds (BPF's) are also very generous.

Weekly Format & LOW Fees

Mon-Weds - 2X (CGE & UCG) Challenger Series | 36 Holes 2 Days | Premier Level Course

Weds-Fri - 2X (CGE & UCG) Valiance Tour | 36 Holes 2 Days | PLC

Fri-Mon - 2X (CGE & UCG) The Big Week-Ender | 54 Holes 3 Days | PLC

Current Club Membership Fee 50. Tournament Entry Fee 250. Big Week-Ender Entry Fee 275. Major Entry Fee 300. Our fees are amongst the lowest out there; and for good reason. Because we want new TGC owners whose coin count will be low, to be able to afford to enter our events.

Casuals Community

Feel free to join our PS4 Community for great course recommendations. Fun and friendly golfing banter and much more.

Thanks for reading. Any q's about CGC, TGC 2019 - or our growing unmonetised YouTube Channel - 'Casuals TV' (Link Below) feel free.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1018 on: March 17, 2019, 10:42:28 AM »
NOW | BWE SUPER SUNDAY | CGE & UCG TOYOTA European Open @ Tarwa | 20K BPF & 100% Purse

NEXT | CHALLENGER SERIES | Mon 18-20 Mar | 2D 36H | CGE & UCG Emirates Dubai Open @ The Els Club | Colinmafia | 10K BPF & 100% Purse

Monsta Week 6 incoming as our unofficial 4th Major the 30K 'Super 6 World Series of Golf' launches Weds. Prior to that we quite literally warm up in fine style, as we hit the UAE for the Emirates Dubai Open. Another cracking week in prospect, do join us.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1019 on: March 18, 2019, 06:39:24 PM »

Evening all, hope you're all good. Another classic venue now, and a second entry from one of the most well respected designers out there. But who? And where? 8)

SPE-16 @ ?

space-cash