Lost profile (golfer appearance, bag, etc.); game starts as if reset/first start

• 2 Replies

SebastianZander

« on: August 04, 2018, 03:35:25 PM »
Hello community, hello developers,

For some reason the game (via Steam) starts as if it has been reset. Starts with the swing tutorial and all my personal settings like golfer appearance and golf bag configuration seem to be gone. I am very frustrated. Can this be fixed? Does the game make file backups that I can replace in some directory?

Kind regards,

Sebastian

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 12:26:04 PM »
Unfortunately it sounds like your save file has been corrupted and replaced. Is this happening every time you start the game up? You may need to create an exception in your anti-virus protection and that could be what's deleting it.

You should find the profile file here: C:\Users\(Your PC User)\AppData\LocalLow\HB Studios Multimedia Ltd_\The Golf Club 2\Common

BSmooth13

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 09:45:02 AM »
This happened to me, as well, some time back. Unfortunately I don't think there is a recovery tool, you'll have to re-set all of your clubs, gear, etc.

I would also recommend - before you start setting everything back up, go into steam and right-click on the game to go to the properties page/window. Under the tab titled local data or files (can't remember the exact wording), click the button that verifies integrity of game files (again, not 100% sure of the wording). Whenever I've had games on steam malfunction, or not even start for some reason, this has always been a pretty good quick-fix/verification that everything is as it should be.

space-cash