Listed Course Distance

• 6 Replies

D3souz4

« on: August 08, 2018, 03:53:37 PM »
How does the game determine the distance listed for the course? The only course I have listed that matches the actual distance is one that I only have 1 set of tees. Does it just take the average for all tees? Shouldn't it use the longest tee set?

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 04:28:03 PM »
Do you mean the course yardage that is shown when you're in the Play-Round menu?  I've wondered that too, but just started ignoring it and using R1/RB to show the Tee options.
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

D3souz4

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 10:01:12 AM »
Yes. It when searching a course it gives par and yardage but I can't figure out where that yardage comes from. I assume it's the average of all the tees but that would make no sense why they would list that.

LinksLover

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 01:40:24 PM »
I think - though don't quote me - the yardage you refer to is taken from the waypoints.
MY DESIGNS
Northwood Golf Club TGC (2019)
Clayton Wood Golf Club (2)
Angus Bay International G. C. (2)
Quirk Park (2)

ChuckClams

• 10/17 Lest we remember.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 04:46:05 PM »
The listed course yardage measures along the waypoints and will be taken from the FIRST set of tees you place, so if you change the color or move them forward/back you'll need to remember which tees were the ORIGINAL tee boxes.

Some people prefer to use the default tees as the front tees and thus it lists the shortest tee set as the course yardage on the details screen. Some people use the default tees as the back tees so you get the longest set listed on the course details screen. The main thing you need to make sure you do is keep the default tees all the same color, or else the yardage listed on course details won't match ANY of the tee sets on the scorecard.

One other interesting side effect of placing the default tees in a middle length tee position is the whiplash inducing look backward --> snap forward flyby camera path. Lots of people do this on purpose to show off the tee areas, but many do it by accident because they have no clue how they did it.  ;)

Hope that helps.
O Cannabis, our home and native plant...

D3souz4

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 04:44:36 PM »
That makes sense why it and how it happens. Thanks for the great info.

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 08:36:13 PM »
Yeah, I learned something here.  Thanks. 

space-cash