Exceeded object limit????

• 22 Replies

Razor

« on: August 13, 2018, 08:09:21 AM »
I exceeded the object limit on my golf course. I needed to plant another tree on a specific hole, so I deleted 8 trees that I planted previously, but it still will not let me plant 1 additional tree? I then deleted a few furniture items and I STILL cannot plant that one tree? If I attempt to move an item, I get the same message that I exceeded the limit. Is something broke? It seems to me that if you have exceeded the limit, and you need to plant ONE tree, you should be able to delete another tree, and then plant the new one. What am I missing?

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 11:37:56 AM »
Did you plant alot of grasses or trees using the multi-plant tool?

Razor

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 04:35:19 PM »
I have some multi-plant grasses but only on a few holes. I could try deleting those, I am worried that something is broke and no matter what I delete will not fix the problem. I will try deleting some of the multi-planting and see if it works. If it does not, I will just exit without Saving.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 02:25:32 PM »
have you got many building on there delete a few building especially clubhouses.

Icyken

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 06:47:17 PM »
I kept running out of space as well , so thought
        I'll be smart and buy a bigger TV !   ::)
COURSES.....

Mink Hollow Golf club
 Hermit of Mink Hollow
 Machrihan Dunes, 2019
 Celtic Isles...CGC.
 Helensburgh Golf club
 The Fruin
 Prestwick, Golf club
 Craigendoran Links

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 09:42:12 PM »
I kept running out of space as well , so thought
        I'll be smart and buy a bigger TV !   ::)

LOL.  I want a 100”
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Razor

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 11:12:01 PM »
Did you plant alot of grasses or trees using the multi-plant tool?

Keith, that did work. I deleted a few of the multi-plants and this was successful. Also, it was mentioned about deleting buildings. Before I deleted the multi-plantings I deleted two buildings and that also worked. I kept the two buildings, and deleted some of the multi-plantings. I know that we have to have a limit on the size of the courses, but I wish we were able to have more objects, the courses could be even so much better! I was told that the main problem with number of objects was the consoles. Don't know if this is true, but if it is, it's a shame that we have to 'tone' down because of this...I play the game on a PC.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 12:55:06 AM »
Great, glad to hear that worked for you.

GForce41

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 07:36:08 AM »
That was happening to me on my latest course (Penobscot Bay), and I did the same thing, I deleted the buildings in the distance I had added and some of the large grass (multi) areas that were out of the way somewhat...and the problem went away.
GForce41

My Courses:
John Adams Municipal GC
The Rawhide at Santa Ynez
Hessian Hill Golf Club
Carrabasset Valley Golf Club
Penobscot Bay Golf Links
Nohansett CC 2019 Edition
Southfield Pond Golf Links

andyshen

• Best Golf Putters
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 04:44:29 AM »
why limit ?
I'm a new Golfer. I've play for 2 month

SCL

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 04:13:21 PM »
Hardware and rendering.

Razor

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 12:53:12 AM »
Great, glad to hear that worked for you.

Keith, now I am really confused. As stated before, I exceeded the object limit. I got rid of some multi plantings and the message went away. I was told that the object limit is based on ONLY the items you plant yourself, not any automatically generated items (maybe that is not true). But, this is what has happened. I got rid of the exceeded message as stated and had more sculpting to do, so I started my sculpting and after so many times of sculpting all of a sudden the exceeded message came back?? But, I noticed I could still save my sculpting and it would save with no problem. So, I thought this was a fluke. So I continued to sculpt and save (each time getting the exceeded message) but as stated, could save it, and the latest sculpting would show up on the course. I continued to do a lot of sculpting. I did NOT add a single object the entire time! I finally finished my sculpting and was ready to finally Publish my course (after many months of work). But, when I went to Publish the Exceeded Message came up and will not allow me to publish? I have since gone around and deleted MANY objects, including a good portion of a mountain range that I created  and still get the Exceeded Message. I have a feeling that I could continue to delete objects and will continue to get this message. I now have a course that I have spent a large amount of time to create, and I now cannot publish it at all. Can you help me out?

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 01:01:27 AM »
I will have to forward this to a Dev as I am not aware of sculpting adding to that limit.  Maybe he can shed some more light on this subject.

Razor

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 01:56:25 AM »
Thanks Keith. I added NO more objects, just sculpted and this occurred. Hopefully the Devs can help me...

wkdworms74

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 06:16:14 PM »
I have been thinking of doing future courses in 2 parts, 9 holes and then release back nine to allow more memory. Only issue is people possibly not wanting to play courses without 18
Created courses:
Skipping Rock Resort & Vineyard
Burketown
Troon North Pinnacle GC
Troon North Monument GC
Mossy Creek
Bellewood CC
The Cliffs at Pine Creek
Hualapai Dunes
Ivy Ridge C.C.
Maple Ridge
Sandy Bottom Bayou