Exceeded object limit????

• 22 Replies

Razor

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 01:25:58 AM »
I have been thinking of doing future courses in 2 parts, 9 holes and then release back nine to allow more memory. Only issue is people possibly not wanting to play courses without 18

I have thought about this, that way you can utilize more objects on just 9 holes. But, I agree that many people will see just the 9 holes and probably not want to play it.

wkdworms74

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 03:13:13 AM »
Exactly!! U could utilize a ton more memory devoted to that. Only thing I could think of is state the fact there are only 9 holes in description and explain why. Just release both 9's together and u should be fine. Guess the only way to tell is do one and see how well it does.
Created courses:
Skipping Rock Resort & Vineyard
Burketown
Troon North Pinnacle GC
Troon North Monument GC

Razor

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2018, 07:06:11 AM »
Exactly!! U could utilize a ton more memory devoted to that. Only thing I could think of is state the fact there are only 9 holes in description and explain why. Just release both 9's together and u should be fine. Guess the only way to tell is do one and see how well it does.

Maybe you could do something like - Golf Course Name (First Nine), and Golf Course Name (2nd Nine). The problem may be the statistics that are kept (9 holes vs. 18)??? If anyone knows any problems with this method, let us know!

wkdworms74

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 07:25:11 AM »
Valid point my good man. Didn't think of that one! :o
Created courses:
Skipping Rock Resort & Vineyard
Burketown
Troon North Pinnacle GC
Troon North Monument GC

Razor

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2018, 04:08:52 AM »
I will have to forward this to a Dev as I am not aware of sculpting adding to that limit.  Maybe he can shed some more light on this subject.

I have not heard anything on this, am I to assume that the Devs will not be looking into this?

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2018, 10:28:52 AM »
According to Paul, there are 2 things the bar at the top represents.  One is the object limit and the other is file size.   When the file size gets too large then that is where it starts taking forever to download so that's an issue.  Sculpting does add to the file size but not the object limit.  You would need to make TONS of sculpting changes for this to even come into play.

Razor

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 06:57:02 AM »
According to Paul, there are 2 things the bar at the top represents.  One is the object limit and the other is file size.   When the file size gets too large then that is where it starts taking forever to download so that's an issue.  Sculpting does add to the file size but not the object limit.  You would need to make TONS of sculpting changes for this to even come into play.

That may be my problem, I have made a LOT of sculpting modifications. I'm afraid this course (that I worked over a month on) is lost. At this point I am going to have to remove almost all objects to make it even work. I sure wish there was an answer to creating the courses (object and file size), it is stopping a lot of creative course designs.

Arrowheadx61

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2018, 10:50:14 AM »
I kept running out of space as well , so thought
        I'll be smart and buy a bigger TV !   ::)

LOL! Did it work?!?  ;)
TGC 2019 Courses:

St. Padraig of Glencraiff Golf Club
Brently Village Golf Club
The Windwalker @ Two Rivers Run

space-cash