Scottsdale revisited, no stadium

• 6 Replies

Calavera999

« on: August 13, 2018, 05:10:37 PM »
I've decided to do something with my Scottsdale RCR, as I hate the thought of the work being wasted. I've started completely revisiting all 18 holes to make them more accurate to the real life version using the techniques I've learnt. Isn't taking long as most the work is all done already.

I'm fully aware 2019 will ship with Scottsdale official, so I plan to remove all tournament dress and stadium around the 16th to at least give it a different feel to the official version shipping with the game. Almost like an early summer version of the course, after the Water Management Open when the public come to be disappointed about how boring the 16th looks! Green speeds will also be adjusted to stop a few holes being a luck fest.

I will also probably name or something else to avoid copyright issues.

It's quite shocking how inaccurate this course was, here's a shot of the new 1st hole compared to the old.

Old:

New:
Much thinner fairway, better undulations and a smaller green to match it's real life counterpart.

Old:

New:
Another angle of the thinner and sculpted fairway, and a much nicer sculpted and measured bunker.

It would be interesting to see if anyone would even want to even play this? It probably wouldn't stop me doing it regardless... But as always feedback is gratefully received.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:47:37 PM by Calavera999 »
Courses completed:
Spyglass Hill GC
Spyglass Hill GC (Tour)

In Progress
Gary Player CC
TPC Scottsdale (Stadium)

Cathalos1991

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 05:16:21 PM »
The old version was a bit laggy on PS4 so am actually pretry excited to.see how it plays when stripped back a little

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- Old Course @ Ballybunion
- The Emirates Golf Club
- The Celtic Manor Resort
- Wentworth
- Killeen Castle Golf Club
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Druids Glen Golf Resort

Calavera999

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 08:41:28 PM »
Hole 2.

Old:

New:
Thinner fairway with better undulations, a much nicer measured and sculpted bunker.

Old:

New:
Smoothed out the transition from fairway to green, remeasured bunkers and improved the fairway surrounding the green.
Courses completed:
Spyglass Hill GC
Spyglass Hill GC (Tour)

In Progress
Gary Player CC
TPC Scottsdale (Stadium)

jeffbdvs

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 10:34:51 PM »
To play Scottsdale as a member and not a tournament would be very cool, especially with the changes you're making.

Looks good, and I'll certainly play it when it's done, either in TGC2 or 2019 or both, depending on when you release it.
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

Calavera999

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 07:03:39 PM »
Hole 4 gets a facelift.

Old:

New:
A nicer view from the tee with elevation changes, new tee boxes and adjusted green & bunkers.

Old:

New:
Accurate bunkers properly positioned and sculpted, with a smaller and properly angled green. Added fairway to match real life counterpart.
Courses completed:
Spyglass Hill GC
Spyglass Hill GC (Tour)

In Progress
Gary Player CC
TPC Scottsdale (Stadium)

Calavera999

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 07:14:46 PM »
Not quite sure what I had been drinking when I first made hole 5... But it must of been something strong! Many changes have been made to the entire layout, even down to the hole waypoints.

Old:

New:
Better green positioning, sizing and surrounding terrain sculpting. Added missing fairway.

There's been many more changes to hole 5, a radical overhaul.
Courses completed:
Spyglass Hill GC
Spyglass Hill GC (Tour)

In Progress
Gary Player CC
TPC Scottsdale (Stadium)

Calavera999

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 09:33:59 PM »
Hole 7

Old:

New:
Proper elevation, landscaping and yardage, cart path has switched sides, and true to life rocks and decor now feature alongside the long tees.Tee boxes have also been measured and shaped. It all makes for a much nicer shot.
Courses completed:
Spyglass Hill GC
Spyglass Hill GC (Tour)

In Progress
Gary Player CC
TPC Scottsdale (Stadium)

space-cash