For someone that could never shoot under par in the last one, much better!!!

• 12 Replies

crow

« on: August 28, 2018, 03:43:23 AM »
TGC2 was so inconsistent with the swing I just couldn't get into it. I tried, but could never shoot close to par.

After 3 rounds I can already feel the huge improvements in putting consistency.  Haven't quite figured out the swing tempo yet, but my swing was consistent and my ball flight was consistent with my swings.

On the Xbox One X, graphics are a big improvement as well.

I know a lot of people have been complaining about lack of release date info etc, but you kept your word and released it in August, and it is a much more polished game then the last one. 

Thank you HB Sudios for all of the hard work that went into the making of this game.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 10:00:03 AM »
Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 10:18:19 AM »
Good report Crow... nice to hear a perspective from a fresh set of eyes.  I haven't gotten the tempo thing figured out either, but that's a big part of the reason why I'm loving it so much right now.  I really think TGC 2019's swing is more nuanced, in terms of tempo, than TGC 2, but again I think that's more as it should be.  I get a greater sense of gratification when I pull off a good shot in TGC 2019 than I do its predecessors  ;)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 11:00:17 AM »
I’m saying it’s the smoothness without swing glitches and hiccups.

In the beta it was smooth too so I think it’s that vs anything else. Perceptions may vary but that’s my view on the game feeling easier.

The graphics are a huge improvement and obviously noticeable

Doesn’t seem to be any more issues with Xbox one controller that may have a slight tilt or lean.  It just works
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:02:14 AM by NewBlacksmurf »

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 11:55:40 AM »

In the beta it was smooth too so I think it’s that vs anything else. Perceptions may vary but that’s my view on the game feeling easier.

Doesn’t seem to be any more issues with Xbox one controller that may have a slight tilt or lean.  It just works

Seems to me that HBS has quite a bit to be proud of!

Miles better than TGC2 IMO & I haven't even begun MP contests yet.

Bmccl88

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 12:56:35 PM »
I enjoyed my first few rounds as well. I will be making another attempt at Q-School tonight as I "got smoked" as they say!!

Can someone explain real quick, the difference between the club types (Beginner, Master, etc...)

Excellent game HB!!

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 01:07:18 PM »
I enjoyed my first few rounds as well. I will be making another attempt at Q-School tonight as I "got smoked" as they say!!

Can someone explain real quick, the difference between the club types (Beginner, Master, etc...)

Excellent game HB!!

Ease of use & distance are the 2 big components.
Beginner = easy swing, shorter distance, rookie mode.
medium set (master I think) - slightly harder swing, bit of distance gain. My personal preference.
Hard set (tour maybe) - Way harder swing to keep in center & a distance boost. The great ones do this with relative ease. Me, not so much.

Bmccl88

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »

Excellent game HB!!

medium set (master I think) - slightly harder swing, bit of distance gain. My personal preference.
Hard set (tour maybe) - Way harder swing to keep in center & a distance boost. The great ones do this with relative ease. Me, not so much.

Thanks for the reply. I tried Q-School on the hard set I believe, then played a round on the medium, it was way better, just didn't know what the differences were. Appreciate the information.

BM

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 07:12:24 PM »

Seems to me that HBS has quite a bit to be proud of!

Miles better than TGC2 IMO & I haven't even begun MP contests yet.

Shrug...to me that was a deal breaker in the past.  I can’t agree they should be proud, but I’d suggest we as customers are happy they fixed the problems of the past.

Just being honest sorry.

HitItLong

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 02:56:23 AM »

Excellent game HB!!

Medium set is Pro

Hard Set is Master.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:55:33 AM by HitItLong »
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

Doudar

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2018, 10:13:10 AM »
I have both the GC and GC2 on Xbox and was never happy with either version. The 2019 version however is a great improvement and am enjoying playing it, looks stunning in 4K on the Xbox One X. My only slight criticism is the bunker edges still look a bit naff.
Home Built i7-3820 3.6GHz Quad Core, 16G RAM, GTX 970 4GB, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Strangely strange yet oddly normal.
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2018, 12:07:49 PM »
I have both the GC and GC2 on Xbox and was never happy with either version. The 2019 version however is a great improvement and am enjoying playing it, looks stunning in 4K on the Xbox One X. My only slight criticism is the bunker edges still look a bit naff.

There was a good discussion going about the bunkers but it was deleted this week. I’m not sure if it’s something that can/will be updated but you’re not alone in that point if view.

Holmes108

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 12:51:53 AM »
I skipped GC2, but absolutely loved the first. That putting was so fantastic. I'm really enjoying 2019. The putting is still pretty great, and the production values are much higher (not to mention an online system and menus that are actually "normal" now, lol).

But I am struggling a bit with the tempo swing. I like it, and look forward to my practice paying off. I've only played maybe 4 or 5 matches so far, so I can't expect to be a master, but sometimes I think I've figured it out, other times my shot seems to be inexplicably bad. Particularly in regard to the foreswing.

But either way, it really is a great golf game. I went from shooting an average of -10 or so in GC1 to being anywhere from Par to +5 with his new version so far. But it doesn't bother me, as it's very rewarding when you do well.

Edit: So I'm surprised to find someone who could apparently never get par or under before to now immediately be able to in this game. It's the exact opposite for me, but that's not necessarily a bad thing to me.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 01:11:37 AM by Holmes108 »

space-cash