New trees (or not)

• 1 Replies

JT_2905

« on: August 29, 2018, 04:37:29 AM »
Great job with the new gameplay HB and I like the new designer interface.

Played a couple of the official tpc courses so far (deer run & sawgrass) and loved what I saw - the courses looked great with a good few new tree types, some of which the designer has been in dire need of imo.

I have not run through all the themes yet, but it seems like sadly none of the new trees are at our disposal in the designer. We appear to be stuck with the same pretty limited tree range that we had in TGC1, albeit some slightly different looks as a result of the switch to speedtree.

I appreciate we can’t swap trees out because of legacy course compatibility, but is there any hope / scope of us seeing the range increased a bit? The speedtree website has an extensive range that work with unity. I realise there are memory limits (and no doubt financial given speedtree aren’t gonna give them away) but it would be nice to see just a few more to freshen things up and give more breadth to the designs / replicas. Other than some new buildings it seems the designer didn’t get a lot of love with new objects in 2019. Given the importance of the designer making this golf game really stand out from its predecessors, surely it should be a priority to tantalise the taste buds of our best designers with some new assets? Maybe if sales are strong HB can afford to buy us a few more trees :-) Is this something we could realistically hope to see in an update?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steam JT_29O5

My best course designs:
The Roebuck (TGC1)
Stotewold Park (TGC1)
Woburn Golf Club - The Marquess (TGC1&2)

PC Spec:
i7 4790k@4.00Ghz
16 GB Ram
GTX 1080Ti
Win 10
PS4 controller

Calavera999

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 06:30:35 AM »
Along this same avenue, I noticed that it at least SEEMED like the official courses had rotated walls in ways that allowed them to be placed up slopes (at a diagonal), or maybe the retaining wall of the 17th island green is all one big piece... Sawgrass also has nice green water banks without any evidence of the double water trick being used... Which as we know creates an ugly problem with water depth visuals. I personally opt for the rocky water banks over using the double water trick, but would love to know how they did it in their official Sawgrass.
Courses completed:
Spyglass Hill GC
Spyglass Hill GC (Tour)

In Progress
Gary Player CC
TPC Scottsdale (Stadium)

space-cash