Same match different Tees?

• 8 Replies

Gasman

« on: August 28, 2018, 12:29:22 PM »
Since downloading last night on Xbox I have played some matchplay online launched from the matchmaking tab, but I'm playing off the back tees & my opponents are getting advantage by playing from the tee box in front.

Any ideas why this is happening? Surely not a design decision?

Gasman

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 12:41:22 PM »
Since downloading last night on Xbox I have played some matchplay online launched from the matchmaking tab, but I'm playing off the back tees & my opponents are getting advantage by playing from the tee box in front.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 12:56:34 PM »
I think it is a design decision.  Apparently if you're using Master clubs, you're placed on the back tees, while if you're using Pro clubs, the next closest tee.  I guess if you use beginner/rookie clubs (forgot what they're really called) you play off the white tees?  If that's the deal, I'd rather the matchmaking limit my field of potential opponents to only those who are using the same club set.  This just feels wonky to me, but other opinions I'm sure will vary.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 03:12:26 PM »
I'm ok with different clubs but the different boxes seems over the top.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

thegamblinggamer

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 03:35:50 PM »
Yes this was a design decision a crazy one at that

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 03:48:16 PM »

That is how it worked in the stress test and it had some stern feedback from the players already then.

Papalazarou

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 06:34:00 PM »
Hmmm...only just discovered this whilst playing my first match play game just now.  My opponent was playing off the white tees whilst I was put off the blue tees (I’m using pro clubs).

Also - is there no option to choose the course or number of holes?  It appeared to auto set up on 9 holes and a random course (TPC Scottsdale).

Cheers

Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 07:25:55 PM »
That is the way Online Matchmaking is designed.   It is meant to get people in to matches quickly.  Doing private online matches allows you to set up the options the way you want them.  That includes tee boxes, 9/18 holes, etc

Papalazarou

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 07:54:58 AM »
Makes sense - thanks Keith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

space-cash