Can't understand the object selection philosophy.

• 3 Replies

Doume6307

• GroupMember
    • DB Golf Designs
« on: August 29, 2018, 08:33:55 AM »
When you highlight an object you have to select the named object in the menu to access the specific menu for that object.

Why do not show directly the last menu ? Plus, the number related to the object changes in the first menu so you can't it a steady key sequence. That's irritating for the least...

Dominique
My TGC2 Courses :

Fort Lonesome Bay'18
TGCFrance-Stadium
BeechWood Valley G.C.
Bocca del Principe(Members)
La Verda Stelo - Members(fixed)
Prestnoch Public Golf Links

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 08:41:14 AM »
I'm not sure what you're asking.  The root edit menu should give you the ability to select and manipulate all of the various course objects that are near your cursor, so a placed object, surface brush, waypoint, hole info, spline etc.  You then select which of those objects you'd like to edit and get the context menu for that object. 

Did you want it to switch directly to the context menu when we highlight it?  If so we had that before in TGC1 and we found that while it was convenient, it made selecting smaller objects harder, the new menu should improve that. 

Doume6307

• GroupMember
    • DB Golf Designs
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 10:07:52 AM »
For example :

I highlight a bush : I have to choose in the menu [6](Bush) then [1] to move it (first question : why do not give the option to move the highlighted object?)

Then, I go back and highlight another bush : surprise ! the menu offers me now [7](Bush] or [5], I have not spotted why. So I have to watch closely each time I select an object to know the key I have to strike.

Is that clearer ?

Dominique
My TGC2 Courses :

Fort Lonesome Bay'18
TGCFrance-Stadium
BeechWood Valley G.C.
Bocca del Principe(Members)
La Verda Stelo - Members(fixed)
Prestnoch Public Golf Links

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 10:21:20 AM »
a little bit.  The only thing I can suggest is that there are more objects to select where the second bush is.  The keys are assigned to the buttons in the list and not the content in the buttons, so if you have a bunch of objects the bush will get pushed down the list. 

space-cash