No Winter Theme

• 2 Replies

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« on: August 29, 2018, 10:40:22 AM »
I was really disappointed this morning to find there is no Winter theme in TGC2019.  This is a bummer.

I am not a fan of the snowy textures (although I did find them helpful while fixing splines in TGC2), but I really am going to miss the frosted trees, plants, grasses, and bare terrain.

If I import a legacy course that was Winter themed in TGC2, does it change to another theme?

What if I copy a winter .course file from TGC2 into TGC2019 (PC Only)?
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 10:53:27 AM »
With all the work to make new trees for each theme we had to drop the winter theme temporarily.  We're hoping to get it back into the game in a future update.

Old winter courses will import as the Boreal theme (because we had to pick one at random to switch to) as will any course files you copy over from TGC2 into 2019. 

The snow textures should still be in the game if you want to use them for fixing splines etc. 

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 11:56:25 AM »
With all the work to make new trees for each theme we had to drop the winter theme temporarily.  We're hoping to get it back into the game in a future update.

Makes sense, but I really hope the Winter theme makes a return.  If it didn't have the fuzzy green grid, it would be better received.  It's so underappreciated.

Old winter courses will import as the Boreal theme (because we had to pick one at random to switch to) as will any course files you copy over from TGC2 into 2019. 

Why do i not think you guys picked one "at random"?   ;D  Boreal is obviously the best choice as it is the most similar - in fact it's nearly identical, save for color.

The snow textures should still be in the game if you want to use them for fixing splines etc.

Cool.  Hope we don't need to "fix" them as often - or at all, ideally.
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

space-cash