Tools

• 8 Replies

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« on: August 29, 2018, 07:41:25 PM »
I’ve been working in the designer today on a course I started in TGC2.  I’m really enjoying the way that the trees and bushes are able to turn and the new control setup for the designer is very much streamlined.  Thank you HB !!!
A couple things I noticed....  There still is no ability to stretch and mush or rotate rocks on a 3 axis editor.  Is this in the works?  Or will we be getting the ability to use all the different rocks on all the themes?
Are there any plans to work on the water?  Flow rate and the ability for water to adapt to terrain are very much needed.
The other question I have is the blank spots in the tree and rock menus.  Are there more coming?  I know that speedtree has many different trees available.

Thanks for any info you can pass along.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 08:40:51 AM »
We're going to get the full scaling on rocks etc at some point, I'm not sure what the update plans are yet but I'm hoping we can include it in one of those. 

Water does need a full going over but thats more of a major feature for a new release than a simple update.  Its on the list to improve things though.

Finally the boxes are a UI decision that someone added to the front part of the game, and then someone said we need to make the course creator match so it was put in there.  We're not trying to tease any future objects. 

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 11:53:53 AM »
Thanks Paul.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

KingPlayer

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 04:28:19 PM »
We're going to get the full scaling on rocks etc at some point, I'm not sure what the update plans are yet but I'm hoping we can include it in one of those. 

Water does need a full going over but thats more of a major feature for a new release than a simple update.  Its on the list to improve things though.

Finally the boxes are a UI decision that someone added to the front part of the game, and then someone said we need to make the course creator match so it was put in there.  We're not trying to tease any future objects.

Hello HB_Paul,

Some of the changes in the designer are amazing like the multiplant!
I have the following question regarding new objects:
Is the game "Full" at this point and new objects cannot be added? I ask because new Themes/objects is what is needed now to prevent courses /interest from becoming stale. Please tell us that new themes are still possible. If the answer is yes than bring them on as soon as possible I think DLC is fine for most of us if thats needed. If the answer is No there are no more themes possible than a lot of hearts are going to drop just imagining that dire possibility.

Enef56

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 05:36:28 PM »
Why are items removed when they work well, like the ability to make your own tee boxes, it was easy to lay a box down say using fairway and then jumped out and change to rough and two clicks and the border was laid perfectly placed, now when you jumped out and change the brush it’s small and you have to try and line it up but you can’t see properly because of the fuzzy edge.

And the flatten tool doesn’t revert to flat.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 01:19:48 PM »
Why are items removed when they work well, like the ability to make your own tee boxes, it was easy to lay a box down say using fairway and then jumped out and change to rough and two clicks and the border was laid perfectly placed, now when you jumped out and change the brush it’s small and you have to try and line it up but you can’t see properly because of the fuzzy edge.

And the flatten tool doesn’t revert to flat.

Paul is looking at both of these.

Vital Spark

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 12:52:10 PM »
It seems impossible to add any depth or definition to bunkers using the TGC19 designer. No matter how deep I try to make them with the sculpting brushes, they gain no depth or definition. Not ideal when trying to make a links course and recreate pot bunkers. This method worked reasonably well in TGC2.

Also, adding a rough spline path always results in a sharp jagged outcome rather than the smooth flowing results achieved in TGC2. Adjusting the smoothing settings has not effect.

I’m on PS4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 05:01:49 PM »
Also, adding a rough spline path always results in a sharp jagged outcome rather than the smooth flowing results achieved in TGC2. Adjusting the smoothing settings has not effect.

You need more spline waypoints.  Splines are different, but overall much better. 

Also, why don't you use the Secondary Surface option on the fairway to get your rough? 
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 07:44:30 PM »
I’ve had the problem with wavy cartpaths too.  They go away when I widen the path a bit.  Thanks for the tip about more waypoints......  I didn’t think of that, but it makes sense.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

space-cash