Couple society settings issues

• 27 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« on: August 30, 2018, 03:15:38 AM »
1.  Trying to edit a date of a future event seems to duplicate that event (if you select a date that doesn't overlap the dates prior to the edit)
2.  Trying to edit a date of a future event will always come up with errors if it overlaps the original dates (ie I can't change a 7 day event to a 6-day event since the game thinks it's overlapping the original 7-day event)
3.  I have created 4 societies but can only see 3 of them - one is awol but when I search it out, I'm admin and can edit it - it just never appears in my Manage Your Memberships screen
4.  When creating an event - get an error when it likely overlaps an event (pic attached) - probably due to odd time creating it (2:24 am et) but it definitely was set at a day that should be the following day of the previous event

Suggestions/Things in TGC2
3.  Please default the pins for R1 thru R4 to pinsets 1 thru 4 like TGC2 did
4.  Please default the tee blocks to the furthest set of tees (used 90+% of the time) as opposed to the shortest tee blocks (used 0% of the time)
5.  Show default values for conditions of course you have selected for an event

Lastly, please consider allowing designers to pair tee blocks to pinsets so they can spice up their setups with different looks at holes (reachable Par 4 one round, not reachable other 3)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 03:25:14 AM by Doyley »

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 03:21:18 AM »
1.  Trying to edit a date of a future event seems to duplicate that event (if you select a date that doesn't overlap the dates prior to the edit)
2.  Trying to edit a date of a future event will always come up with errors if it overlaps the original dates (ie I can't change a 7 day event to a 6-day event since the game thinks it's overlapping the original 7-day event)

Suggestions/Things in TGC2
3.  Please default the pins for R1 thru R4 to pinsets 1 thru 4 like TGC2 did
4.  Please default the tee blocks to the furthest set of tees (used 90+% of the time) as opposed to the shortest tee blocks (used 0% of the time)
5.  Show default values for conditions of course you have selected for an event

Lastly, please consider allowing designers to pair tee blocks to pinsets so they can spice up their setups with different looks at holes (reachable Par 4 one round, not reachable other 3)

The last one would be so valuable to the tournament experience.

CoryP_HB

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 02:18:50 PM »
Hey Doyley, I'm taking a look into this for you, but a bit more information would greatly help!

What platform do you play on?
How many events did you have when they were duplicating on editing them? and was it just as simple as say, making an event for September 1st, then changing it to September 2nd?

For your #4 tagged issue, if you're creating events back to back, the first event created does not immediately become "active" after creating it, it takes a few moments. This bit of delay will cause that event to become active while you're creating your second event and this is why you're getting that error.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 04:58:26 PM »
Hey Doyley, I'm taking a look into this for you, but a bit more information would greatly help!

What platform do you play on?
How many events did you have when they were duplicating on editing them? and was it just as simple as say, making an event for September 1st, then changing it to September 2nd?

For your #4 tagged issue, if you're creating events back to back, the first event created does not immediately become "active" after creating it, it takes a few moments. This bit of delay will cause that event to become active while you're creating your second event and this is why you're getting that error.

What platform do you play on?  On PC

2 events (first was 2-day event, 2nd was 7-day event).  I was trying to get them to end/start on back to back days but publishing events in the early mornings is confusing - you select Sept 2nd as the end date, then when you publish it says on the calendar the end date is Aug 30 - this issue existed in TGC2 when creating events early in the morning. 
I was editing the 2nd 7-day event - trying to back it up to start on Aug 31st or Sept 1st but it always said it was overlapping.

Good to know about that error - would help if it didn't completely wipe the event and all the custom settings from memory and make you start over - ideally would send you back and allow you to wait/change date. 

Oswinner

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 09:13:23 PM »
Setting pins is broken.

In my society I played, in order of rounds 1-4, pinsets 1,2,3,3 whilst my friend played pinsets 1,1,2,3.

CuseHokie

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 07:42:45 AM »
Setting pins is broken.

In my society I played, in order of rounds 1-4, pinsets 1,2,3,3 whilst my friend played pinsets 1,1,2,3.

You’re kidding.  Wow that is a huge issue. 

That’s starting to make some sense.  I’m seeing crazy scores in some societies and I’m just not sure how I could’ve shot that but if the pin set was different for a group then totally possible.

It might also explain how I added a ghost one time and he was never shooting to my pin.  I just figured I added a bad ghost but I’ll pay closer attention now. Wow. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PSN:  CuseHokie

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 12:03:01 PM »
Also having issues editing tournament names after they're published to the schedule - game thinks they're new events and won't publish over the old original event.

Easy to replicate - just publish an event then go back in and edit the tournament name w/o changing anything else - should give you the "this event overlaps another event error"

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 12:06:32 PM »
Setting pins is broken.

What was the name of the Society and the event?

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 12:20:25 PM »
Getting word that winds/pins weren't the same in our societys either - going to get a more formal post up on our forum to report on it to get more data.

Oswinner

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 04:24:47 PM »
Setting pins is broken.

What was the name of the Society and the event?

PS4 - Scrappy Doo Society
Event: TPC Boston

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 04:32:37 PM »
Getting word that winds/pins weren't the same in our societys either - going to get a more formal post up on our forum to report on it to get more data.

Maybe time to delay the move?

#HappyEeyore

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 05:25:40 PM »

#HappyEeyore

Would just delay the season - no going back to TGC2 for this guy!

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 06:37:59 PM »

#HappyEeyore

#SadEeyore

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2018, 08:17:45 PM »

#HappyEeyore

Same here.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2018, 04:23:11 AM »
Seems the 1st round settings are doubled when doing multi round events.  I have a 4 round event in TGCTours (PGA Tour) society - the first round conditions/pins were played again the 2nd round.  The third round then had the 2nd round settings and I assume the 4th round will use the 3rd round conditions I set while setting up the event.  Hope that helps with that bug - I've seen multiple reports of similar issues.

space-cash