Couple society settings issues

• 27 Replies

JoeS_HB

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2018, 01:17:15 PM »
Thanks for the update Doyley, appreciate it.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 01:38:41 AM »
Collecting some society data in this thread

Common theme is that on pc Pin 1 repeats for the first two rounds while on PS4 pin 2 doubles during rounds 2 and 3.  Very odd.  Trying to keep an eye on wind - sometimes they all match up but in some cases it seems some are getting high winds while others not.  Still not conclusive on this one yet.

http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/15748/post-winds-pins-exhibition-events?page=3

CuseHokie

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 06:57:40 PM »

Common theme is that on pc Pin 1 repeats for the first two rounds while on PS4 pin 2 doubles during rounds 2 and 3.  Very odd.  Trying to keep an eye on wind - sometimes they all match up but in some cases it seems some are getting high winds while others not.  Still not conclusive on this one yet.

http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/15748/post-winds-pins-exhibition-events?page=3

Doyley - I heard on Facebook if players choose to continue it seems to keep the same pins.  Possibly other settings?  And not honor that round settings unless they back out and come back and start.  I haven’t tested this extensively but it seems to match with my initial experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PSN:  CuseHokie

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 09:30:24 PM »

Doyley - I heard on Facebook if players choose to continue it seems to keep the same pins.  Possibly other settings?  And not honor that round settings unless they back out and come back and start.  I haven’t tested this extensively but it seems to match with my initial experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone posted it in the bugs section - think Bobby B.  Few kinks to work out for sure before we can fire up a season - first patch will be critical to our season starting on time me thinks.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 02:31:11 PM »

Just to confirm... I'm seeing what Doyley is reporting on my XBox One X.  I've found that if I exit the Society at the end of round one, rather than selecting "Advance", then come back in for round 2, it will show the proper pin for round 2. 
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Coggin66

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2018, 12:49:31 AM »
Also having issues editing tournament names after they're published to the schedule - game thinks they're new events and won't publish over the old original event.

Easy to replicate - just publish an event then go back in and edit the tournament name w/o changing anything else - should give you the "this event overlaps another event error"

I've had same error on my XB1 society just from Editing Event and trying to change the name.
My courses:
TGC2019
Wavebreak Spit GC
Bhavacakra GC, Nepal
Kakadu Wetlands
Mount Panorama Bathurst 18
Kentash Bay
Propellor Island Archipelago
TGC1 only
Dam Treitaget GC
Barco Rio Desert GC
Highlow Island Links Resort

XB1: Coggin66
President of XB Seniors society

habemann

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 08:43:38 AM »
Also in the german version for ps4 there are no changes at all possible for tournements that are already in the schedule. You can't even change the spelling mistake in the tournement name.
Only the german version of Doyley's error message appears. :(

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2018, 02:46:01 PM »
Also in the german version for ps4 there are no changes at all possible for tournements that are already in the schedule. You can't even change the spelling mistake in the tournement name.
Only the german version of Doyley's error message appears. :(

"You can't even change the spelling mistake in the tournement name."

I see what you did there, well played!

FRSTDWN

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 08:29:13 PM »
Yeah you can't edit much minus the conditions. If you mess with the rounds, the date or the name it gives the error message. So have had to delete the whole event and start over.

Also you cannot change the conditions of the first round. I try and make the greens say moderate for the first round the creep up the speed for the next rounds . I press done then go back rounds 2 and 3 save but round one goes back to default.

Anyone else noticed this?
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2018, 02:15:38 AM »
Yeah you can't edit much minus the conditions. If you mess with the rounds, the date or the name it gives the error message. So have had to delete the whole event and start over.

Also you cannot change the conditions of the first round. I try and make the greens say moderate for the first round the creep up the speed for the next rounds . I press done then go back rounds 2 and 3 save but round one goes back to default.

Yes, the condition settings have a large bug. No matter what the first round will revert to default conditions.

It sucks and almost derailed the TST Ryder cup.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2018, 03:07:16 PM »
How does that get past quality control?

Sucks because there are some courses that have slower greens and want to gradually make the faster over time . But if it's to slow I can't jump it up to high for the second event. .
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

DONTMAKEMEPUTT

• Golf is my Life, Life is my Golf!
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 11:13:29 AM »

Just to confirm... I'm seeing what Doyley is reporting on my XBox One X.  I've found that if I exit the Society at the end of round one, rather than selecting "Advance", then come back in for round 2, it will show the proper pin for round 2.

This! Ive found I get the correct pin if I back and go and play round 2 (PS4)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:17:43 AM by DONTMAKEMEPUTT »
Golf gamer since Tiger Woods 06 and bought every golf game ever since!

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2018, 05:34:39 AM »

Yes, the condition settings have a large bug. No matter what the first round will revert to default conditions.

I have scratched my head over this one thinking it was me, because if you go back to edit conditions, I would always see round 1 go back to default, knowing I had saved my settings. This time I took a screen shot of my upcoming tournament to be sure it was not me but a bug, so good to know I am not crazy!

It sucks and almost derailed the TST Ryder cup.

space-cash