Difference between Club Sets ? Advantages and Disadvantages !!!

• 2 Replies

drodgers1973

« on: August 30, 2018, 11:36:18 AM »
Just wondering whats the big difference besides distance. any advice would help.
Thanks

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 10:34:49 PM »
The Pro clubs do not impart as much backspin on the ball as the Master clubs.  The ball flight trajectory is a little bit higher on the Master clubs.  Finally, the Pro clubs are more tolerant of swing path and tempo errors.  As an experiment, I played my first round today using Pro clubs and I was surprised at how much easier it was to keep them in play and stay more on target.  The Master clubs simply give me a more dynamic challenge, one that feels more like the innate difficulty of the real game.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

SSenator

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 08:54:18 AM »
It's a bit different than last year. Then the Tour clubs were much more penal on Tempo misses.
This year you can get a Fast downswing and the ball only goes a bit left most of the time as opposed to way left last year.This year the Pro clubs seem to react to Fast way worse. You will also gain a bit of distance with the Fast downswing.

There are 2 results that really cause problems with the downswing,Slow and Very Fast. Either of those and the ball is going sideways.

It's definitely easier to hit it Perfect/Perfect and straighter with the Pro clubs but I think it's just as easy to use the Masters clubs as long as you can get a reasonable tempo and avoid Slow or Very Fast.
R.I.P. Divotmaker. It was my pleasure to have known you.

space-cash