"Spoiler Leaderboards" in Society tournament play

• 10 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: August 30, 2018, 04:05:50 PM »
I've noticed that what became known as the "spoiler leaderboards" of TGC 2 have carried over into TGC 2019.  By that I mean if you've opted to play with a ghost ball, or a ghost player, the leaderboard doesn't take into account that the player(s) you've selected is (are) playing their rounds in chronological sync with yours.  Last night I was playing a round in my favorite society's tournament and the player I teed off with was even after one hole.  The mini scoring status display in the HUD properly reflected both our scores properly, but when the main tournament leader board came up between holes, it showed my playing companion as being +2 after 7 holes... the "live" suspense ended there.

I had played in an offical society tournament earlier, and noticed there that the ghost player I was playing with had their scores reflected for four holes in advance of the hole they were playing with me.

TGC 1 had a similar bug at one point and was fixed in a patch.  Would this be something that could be patched in TGC 2019?

Oh, and John McCarthy needs to be advised of what hole the ghost is actually playing, when playing with your player.  He will give reports that tip off what hole the ghost player is playing according to the "canned" sequence of tee times, not taking to account the fact that the ghost player's tee time was changed by the human player.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 04:08:01 PM »
+1
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

JoeS_HB

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 04:23:11 PM »
Thanks guys, the issue is being tracked.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 04:33:29 PM »

Bring back the TGC1 leaderboards, they were good enough!

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 10:35:30 PM »

Excellent!  Mucho thanko for the response  :)  I know you guys can get a handle on this... you did with TGC 1 8)
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 12:15:15 AM »

Joe, you probably already know this, but the "Spoiler Leaderboards" are still in effect after both the downloadable patch and the most recent server side patch.  Is this still an open item or is it something we're just going to have to learn to live with?  It sure would make for a nice enhancement especially for small societies where one is often playing with a ghost or ghosts who are on the same page of the leaderboard as the player.  I can't help but slip up and get a glimpse of the leaderboard between holes, and see the scores of my playing companions as much as 12 holes in advance of the hole we just played.  That takes all the mystique out of the "live" tournament round.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Martbloke

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 07:54:08 AM »

Joe, you probably already know this, but the "Spoiler Leaderboards" are still in effect after both the downloadable patch and the most recent server side patch.  Is this still an open item or is it something we're just going to have to learn to live with?  It sure would make for a nice enhancement especially for small societies where one is often playing with a ghost or ghosts who are on the same page of the leaderboard as the player.  I can't help but slip up and get a glimpse of the leaderboard between holes, and see the scores of my playing companions as much as 12 holes in advance of the hole we just played.  That takes all the mystique out of the "live" tournament round.

Would be nice as well if when selecting a ghost to play with/against when going into a society event (if they are not a live rival currently playing of course), that there is an option/section available to select from ghosts that have played in that particular event/round in that society. This would save you from trudging through the leaderboards and all ghosts to find the relevant players/ghosts in your society and the round they shot in that particular event. Off the top of my head I don't think this is currently an option to show ghosts that have played in your society event but I may be wrong.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 07:05:40 PM »
Would be nice as well if when selecting a ghost to play with/against when going into a society event (if they are not a live rival currently playing of course), that there is an option/section available to select from ghosts that have played in that particular event/round in that society. This would save you from trudging through the leaderboards and all ghosts to find the relevant players/ghosts in your society and the round they shot in that particular event. Off the top of my head I don't think this is currently an option to show ghosts that have played in your society event but I may be wrong.

In my experience, when you're selecting ghosts for the round you're about to play in a Society tournament, the game will produce a list of players in the Society who've already played the round you're about to play.  I have the game set to not show player scores, so I never know anyone's score (I don't look at the pre-round leaderboard in the clubhouse before playing the forthcoming round).  I'll sort the list of available ghosts by "score" and find the ones that I think or near me, or those whom I know finished close to me in the previous round, and select them to play the round with.

Even though I've taken care not to look at the pre-round clubhouse leaderboard, it's hard to avoid accidentally catching a glimpse of the tournament leaderboard that's displayed after each hole, and learning the disposition of your playing companion(s) for up to 12 holes in advance of the hole you're playing though.  I'd love to be able to look at that between hole leaderboard and see how the rest of the field was doing, who aren't in my grouping though.  it's just an odd and limiting set of habits that I have to adopt to maintain the 'veil of mystery' with my ghost playing companions.... (sigh)
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Martbloke

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 06:13:46 AM »

In my experience, when you're selecting ghosts for the round you're about to play in a Society tournament, the game will produce a list of players in the Society who've already played the round you're about to play.  I have the game set to not show player scores, so I never know anyone's score (I don't look at the pre-round leaderboard in the clubhouse before playing the forthcoming round).  I'll sort the list of available ghosts by "score" and find the ones that I think or near me, or those whom I know finished close to me in the previous round, and select them to play the round with.

Even though I've taken care not to look at the pre-round clubhouse leaderboard, it's hard to avoid accidentally catching a glimpse of the tournament leaderboard that's displayed after each hole, and learning the disposition of your playing companion(s) for up to 12 holes in advance of the hole you're playing though.  I'd love to be able to look at that between hole leaderboard and see how the rest of the field was doing, who aren't in my grouping though.  it's just an odd and limiting set of habits that I have to adopt to maintain the 'veil of mystery' with my ghost playing companions.... (sigh)

Ah OK didn't realise that. Sweet cheers.

Yeah I have the no scores showing too on leaderboards which I think is a cool feature.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 12:40:35 PM »
Ah OK didn't realise that. Sweet cheers.

Yeah I have the no scores showing too on leaderboards which I think is a cool feature.

Yeah, if you press the right trigger, it will sort the list of available ghosts for the current round by "score" for the round.  It'll do it even though you may have opted to not show the ghosts' scores.  It will arrange the list by low score to high score, you just won't see the ordinate value for the score, you'll just see the players by their standing.  I can usually figure out where I need to be pretty easily most of the time, and usually it's in the third or fourth quartile of pages :D 8)
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 10:29:25 AM »

Just checking in on this Joe... it didn't get fixed in Patch 3 and I'm wondering if it's in the cards to be addressed in a future patch.  It really is a suspense killer, especially when you're playing against a turn base enabled player in the final round of a Society tournament, and it shows the score on the leaderboard of your opponent, to whom you are paired with in the final round, for 10 holes in advance of the hole you're actually playing.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash