4 letter word is up.

• 169 Replies

FRSTDWN

« on: September 01, 2018, 12:41:47 PM »
No assists society. Same rules as  the TST tour. Everyone welcome .
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 01:50:53 PM »
I'll be in as soon as I can get time to play.....thanks Paul!
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

FRSTDWN

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 01:53:31 PM »
Np. For a little while I will just test it out and let people get used to the game. Then will figure out the season .

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 07:07:17 PM »
I'll give this a go in the coming week.  I'll be off Monday through Friday, so I'll have some time to try to come to grips with the rigors of TST rules play. 
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Gasman

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 04:32:55 AM »
I've joined & tried my first no assists round of 2019.

That round at TPC Boston was really tough but the game looks at it's best like this,I really enjoy playing this way but 3 putting every green because of the inability too read breaks with the limited cameras is going to get old quickly.

Martbloke

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 04:13:59 AM »

That round at TPC Boston was really tough but the game looks at it's best like this,I really enjoy playing this way but 3 putting every green because of the inability too read breaks with the limited cameras is going to get old quickly.

Joined. I love that the settings can all be locked now. Gives confidence that everyone is playing on the same level playing field 👍😀

Gasman

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 10:43:22 AM »
Excellent scoring Tim.......any tips on reading greens you could pass on would be much appreciated.
When we played gridless no zoom on TW games it was easy to run the marker all over the green to judge breaks, but it's frustratingly slow movement in TGC 2019 makes it painful.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 12:19:55 PM »

Joined. I love that the settings can all be locked now. Gives confidence that everyone is playing on the same level playing field 👍😀

The settings you can lock are the same as tgc y minus the new shot preview option.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 12:28:59 PM »
Excellent scoring Tim.......any tips on reading greens you could pass on would be much appreciated.
When we played gridless no zoom on TW games it was easy to run the marker all over the green to judge breaks, but it's frustratingly slow movement in TGC 2019 makes it painful.

There are four ways.

Guess.

Use the cameras ,the putter head and feel.

Vacuum a little with the marker and use the cameras.

Vacuum a lot and use the cameras less.

I use the cameras , the putter head and feel. I usually can see the break. Not always . I also have it on marker only. I did have it off but they took away the short game free roam camera. I got a video below of me making a putt. That is basically what I do. You can see me trying to find the angle on the putter head. It tells you the slope of the green a lot of the time.

https://xboxclips.com/FRSTDWN/ddb05894-77b4-4bc3-9f4c-95383e642bd6

Vacuuming is when you use the putting matkers info to figure out the break. I don't have the energy for it and it makes the game to mechanical to me. My guess is the guys who are good do a little vacuuming and use the cameras.

Hope that helps.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 01:10:36 PM »

There are four ways.

Guess.

I use the cameras , the putter head and feel. I usually can see the break. Not always . I also have it on marker only. I did have it off but they took away the short game free roam camera. I got a video below of me making a putt. That is basically what I do. You can see me trying to find the angle on the putter head. It tells you the slope of the green a lot of the time.

Vacuuming is when you use the putting matkers info to figure out the break. I don't have the energy for it and it makes the game to mechanical to me. My guess is the guys who are good do a little vacuuming and use the cameras.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

All of the above minus the "vacuuming".

Watch the rollout of the previous shot for clues as well.
PC

Xbox One X

FRSTDWN

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 01:37:37 PM »
What I meant Tim is going side to side a little or behind the hole. I have nothing against any method of getting a read. It's just how much time you wna spend. It also takes time to learn no matter how you get a read as you know. 

My biggest problem is distance control, the short game and having to go back to the marker and using the way I used to read the greens. That's a lot of problems lol.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Gasman

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 01:51:27 PM »

There are four ways.

Guess.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

All of the above minus the "vacuuming".

Watch the rollout of the previous shot for clues as well.

Thanks for the tips........I like to play quick so I'll probably start switching to the follow cam on the landing onto the green to get some idea of the roll out.
Would like to get TST ready over the coming weeks so your help is appreciated.
I played on PS4 last year on Sim setting & didn't really have a problem but I was getting my approach shots closer with the DS4.Different game on Xone.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 03:05:31 PM »
What I meant Tim is going side to side a little or behind the hole. I have nothing against any method of getting a read. It's just how much time you wna spend. It also takes time to learn no matter how you get a read as you know. 

My biggest problem is distance control, the short game and having to go back to the marker and using the way I used to read the greens. That's a lot of problems lol.

I meant I don’t vacuum for the same reasons as you. Can’t be bothered and way too tedious.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 03:23:49 PM by DivotMaker »
PC

Xbox One X

FRSTDWN

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2018, 03:22:47 PM »

I meant I don’t vacuum for the same reasons as you. Bang be bothered and way too tedious.

Roger that.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

leslie.sangster

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2018, 04:02:46 PM »
I will join Paul I like the idea of TST but the reality for me wasn’t what I thought it was maybe this version will let me read slopes better. I just used front and back view in TGC2 so not being able to zoom isn’t a disadvantage to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

space-cash